Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h+ v NX450h+

Just enquiring how owners of the RX are finding manoeuvrability in tight spaces and parking given the dimensions of the car. If there are any previous NX owners who wish to share their thoughts on moving to the RX that would be useful as well.

No manoeuvrability issues here, given the great visibility and the driver aids in the car. Parking spaces just aren't big enough for modern cars generally anyway...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

No manoeuvrability issues here, given the great visibility and the driver aids in the car. Parking spaces just aren't big enough for modern cars generally anyway...

Even better on a 500h. The rear wheel steering is massive help. Not sure if there's an option of this on the 450h+

• Thanks 1

I agree that parking spaces are too tight for modern cars. I’ve found the length of the car to be a bit of a challenge when parking despite all the aids (but that’s probably my poor spatial awareness 😉)

The NX that we tested was definitely easier to manoeuvre but we needed more in car space etc. I guess it’s just the trade off you need to decide upon.

• Thanks 1

Ken, I moved from a RX to an NX but only because we didn’t need a big car any longer and my wife wanted something more easy for her to judge when doing manoeuvres. 
I had no issues with the RX, in fact I found it easier to manoeuvre and park than the NX because I could see the bonnet on the RX from my driving position, something that I can’t do in the NX since it isn’t as long and slopes more downwards. The 360deg cameras help in both cars.

TBH I would go back to the RX in a heartbeat, but since we decided to go down to one car I also have to consider the other half.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Ken, I moved from a RX to an NX but only because we didn’t need a big car any longer and my wife wanted something more easy for her to judge when doing manoeuvres. 
I had no issues with the RX, in fact I found it easier to manoeuvre and park than the NX because I could see the bonnet on the RX from my driving position, something that I can’t do in the NX since it isn’t as long and slopes more downwards. The 360deg cameras help in both cars.

TBH I would go back to the RX in a heartbeat, but since we decided to go down to one car I also have to consider the other half.

Thanks Paul

I'm very happy with my NX450h+ but have an offer of a new RX450h+. I like the look of the RX but given that my other half doesn't like driving the NX due to its size I very much doubt she will ever drive the RX should I change! After test driving the RX I didn't notice any issues regarding its dimensions but it just looks so big against an NX.

15 hours ago, Ken R said:

Just enquiring how owners of the RX are finding manoeuvrability in tight spaces and parking given the dimensions of the car. If there are any previous NX owners who wish to share their thoughts on moving to the RX that would be useful as well.

I went from an NX300h to an RX450h+ and haven't looked back.  Yes, the RX is bigger and this brings with it a larger boot space which is what we wanted.  As for manoeuvrability, I haven't had any issues so far, especially with the cameras for tight spots.  It does overhang some of the smaller parking spots, especially in supermarket carparks but nowadays cars in general are much larger and parking spaces haven't kept up. Given that, my wife hasn't driven the RX and I think she will find it a little on the large size when she does.  She didn't have a problem driving the NX.

Would I go back to the NX300h, well no but I haven't really experienced, other than test drives, the NX450h+.

Overall, I'm very happy with the RX450h+ and wouldn't hesitate to purchase again but that would also depended on what cars, Lexus or otherwise, were available that I liked at the time.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links