Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Milestone for my 2004 SC430

Today the mileage for my 2004 SC430 reached 10,000 miles. It will also be 20 years since it was first registered on the 1st April 2004. So that is an average of 500 miles per year and I have done a little more than that since purchasing it from the first owner when it had only done 7600 miles. In my ownership it has been as good as gold needing only a new Battery. I am hoping that driving it a bit more the headlight levelling system will sort itself out as today it was back on at first but then went out after a couple of miles and stayed off. I do have an annoying little rattle which seems to be coming from the roof behind the passenger seat which when the weather gets better I will look to solve. I am looking forward to many more years of ownership.IMG_6521.thumb.jpeg.810ff20982ab7e5dd5054689676356d2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I do have an annoying little rattle which seems to be coming from the roof behind the passenger seat"

Have you considered letting your wife ride INSIDE the car?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

You just beat me to it 🤩

Malc 

That's me, faster than a snail who's just overeaten.

12 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I intend to do 4000 miles in 6 weeks!

Lightweight.

I would as well if I were to drive through Europe. Now if I intend to do that again it probably would be in the RX.

Superb Glyn, your car is a wonderful example.

With regard to the roof rattle I cured mine (which sounded like it was coming from a similar location as yours) buy winding a little tape around the 2 roof pins that locate into the top of the windscreen - overlap the tape to the top of the pin where it begins to curve.

It firms everything up over the entire roof. Use fabric tape not duck tape as it's to sticky and can pull off the pins upon opening the roof and lodge inside which blocks the switch open preventing the roof from closing until removed. I'll probably look at mine again next month as it's been working fine for a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel Coleman said:

Superb Glyn, your car is a wonderful example.

With regard to the roof rattle I cured mine (which sounded like it was coming from a similar location as yours) buy winding a little tape around the 2 roof pins that locate into the top of the windscreen - overlap the tape to the top of the pin where it begins to curve.

It firms everything up over the entire roof. Use fabric tape not duck tape as it's to sticky and can pull off the pins upon opening the roof and lodge inside which blocks the switch open preventing the roof from closing until removed. I'll probably look at mine again next month as it's been working fine for a year.

Thanks Nigel and for the roof tip. I will look at obtaining some fabric tape.

• 1 month later...

As a new owner, I have only driven the car around 12 miles to its first MOT inspection for 18 months. Fingers crossed for today. During the run, I experienced the same problem so it's on my to-do list.
I saw this post which may be helpful too, in lessening the creaks and pops...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/712343-top-opening-issue-fixed-details-inside.html

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links