Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to purchase a 2017 gs450h f sport facelift with 11k miles on. It’s up for 29.5k at a Lexus dealer. Anything I should look out for? Is that too much money for that car? 

Hi Craig, that particular one looks to be a very clean example, they've added photos now and it looks stunning, bodywork and interior are spotless.

Although Autotrader rates this one as "good price", I think it's on the pricier side, probably over the market rate by around £3,000-4,000, but the listings for facelift GS 450h cars are so rare that it's hard to gauge their true value. The last one I saw advertised was a 2016 with some 60k miles, and that went for around £20,000 I believe.

I think what makes this one more expensive is the mileage and it being a Lexus approved used car, so you will have a decent chunk of Relax warranty remaining, as well as assurance that it was serviced, prepared and inspected by qualified technicians before the sale.

I would definitely see if they are willing to go down on the price, as you can get a very good, 22-23 reg example of, say, ES300h for the same money, different cars of course, but the point stands. As for what to look out for, have a look at the below thread:

There were I think 24 fsport and 77 premier phase4 facelift GS450h imported.

They come up for sale rarely. In last 12 months I have seen 2 premiers for sale, in the 12 months before that, 11 premiers.

I would put a refundable deposit on it and arrange to test drive the car and an ES. 

It may be 7 years old but if serviced at lexus you can buy a warranty (if you think you need one) from age 10-15 years.

I think the last fsport was sold within hours.

Lovely example, fabulous colour too - as mentioned above though it's knocking on the door of models, albeit very different, with newer running gear/infotainment so worth seeing if there's any movement in price. Worth checking the tyres are all good, consistent brand with lots of lifespan - although used approved cars are normally good in this respect. Same with the front brakes, I'd expect these to have lots of life left considering it's only done 11k, but worth checking anyway as these are a small fortune due to being almost bespoke sizing on the F-Sport and Premier models.

Probably echo the sentiments above with the warranty, very useful as it looks like this model has the triple LED headlights which are very good. However if I've read correctly if a bulb should fail on one of these they cannot be individually replaced and require a new light cluster which is truly eye watering.

hello all, 

thanks for all the comments, i decided not to go ahead with the purchase in the end, while i think this was a one off and definitely a good car for someone im not sure it was right for me. now potentially looking at lc500s if my budget can stretch... 

6 hours ago, cjchapman1 said:

hello all, 

thanks for all the comments, i decided not to go ahead with the purchase in the end, while i think this was a one off and definitely a good car for someone im not sure it was right for me. now potentially looking at lc500s if my budget can stretch... 

That was good decision, GS450h is amazing car and late mk4 facelift cars are extremely rare, but £30k for 2017 car... c'mon! That is ridiculous, even the cleanest example ever! LC500 definitely much more special car and I reckon will keep value much more, even if you go for hybrid LC500h (which is basically a improvement on 450h) it is just next generation car.

Sure - money being no object GS450h with low miles is great car, but rest assured when you try to trade it in 2 years later Lexus will value it probably at £15,000, it only makes sense to buy it if it would have depreciated in line with it's age, but it has not and you likely would have been the one to pick-up whole depreciation few years later. There is no way it could be worth that money... £20k perhaps would be more realistic and can see it working out, but not £30k.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links