Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus LS 400 2000/X

….Ken, you like Malcolm, are so kind !

thank you - glad you enjoyed your Final Chapter - perhap’s some other reader’s saw it too ?  🤔

again, thank you

anthony

• Like 1

Personally I think the missing flashlight is having a massive impact on prospective purchasers.

I am therefore offering my spare one to you for the nominal cost of the postage. It does appear to be a little intermittent in operation requiring a few careful turns of the base to illuminate but does then remain on until switched back off.

If you could send me a PM with your address details I will get it in the post to you suitably packaged.

Unlike the majority of items sold this will have batteries included unfortunately these are not the originals 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

…..Steve - are you kidding me ? 😃😃😃😃😃

as Victor Meldrew would say ‘ I SIMPLY DO NOT BELIEVE IT ! ‘ (in a very, very nice way!).

as rare as hen’s teeth - a Torch to complete my Lexus Toolkit collection !!! 🫠

including you, Steve, everybody is so nice and kind here, on the Lexus Owner’s Club Forum - just, another, wow ! 

coming back to you, Steve, again thank you so, so much !! 👍🔦👍🔦👍🔦👍🔦. ( this man, Steve, loyal reader’s, is a true Diamond Geezer+ ! ).

anthony

Malcolm - your view - worth upgrading Sale Price of my year 2000 LS 400 from £4.495 to £6.495 - could the market take it, though ? 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Personally I think the missing flashlight is having a massive impact on prospective purchasers.

And maybe the Battery insulator/cover missing as well, we all know how important that is😄
On the subject of the headlight washers not working, iirc they only work if the lights are on but I may be wrong.

….2.700+ View’s to date - but no one has picked up on the credit for the film ‘ Christine ‘ ! written by Stephen King in 1983 and not Steven Spielberg as I quoted.

phew ! glad I got there first - you guy’s would have shredded me ! 😲

my bad - I apologise Stephen ( cheque in the post ).

anthony

I was thinking car price about £2k sans torch tbh 🤩

You owe Steve BIG TIME 👍

Malc 

….Paul - you too are a magician !

your point about power headlight washer’s only working when switched on has caused this gentle giant to arise from his slumber’s and go out to The Car to investigate !

ignition on, compressor’s on, fuel pump’s on, gyro’s on, vhf on, nav on, run up turbofan to test afterburner’s ok, brake’s on, landing light’s on - press instrument panel key to operate power washer’s - green light on and there’s water sprayed all over the light’s and windscreen - Paul - they work, thank you for the head’s up !! 😃😃😃😃

belay what I stated in an earlier post - not three failing’s at 24.5 year’s and just south of 171.000 mile’s but…….two ! ( remember, this car could have accrued c 250.000 mile’s by now 😲 ! ).

now I have a serious problem to consider - I have falsely accused and made a previous written statement that The Car has 3 failing’s at this age / mileage ! 😲😲 but, in truth, it is now only 2 !!

Gordon Bennett - if The Car ever find’s out I lied about the headlamp washer’s  - believe me, it will surely kill me - I am now a dead man walking😲😲.

please, someone purchase this, pure evil, motor car - I am now absolutely terrified for my life - help me, please !! 😳😳😳🙄

anthony

• Haha 2

…..well, regular and so loyal reader, I have a feeling we are, finally, approaching The Final Curtain ! ☹️ (😃). for 10 day’s, now, you have all endured my, almost, ceaseless, targetted, devastating and withering ‘post barrage’ of over 6 post’s per day, this is number 68 ! 👨‍🚀👨‍🚀👨‍🚀😲😲.

prepare to throw off your flak jacket’s, bin the helmet, stand down, relax and walk free into the Spring sunshine and fresh air ! you will be released from the confine’s of your armoured fortification’s where you have merely existed, cowering, pinned down from the continuing, blistering onslaught of incoming armour piercing and anti-personnel Post’s ! the war to sell my year 2000 Lexus LS 400 is, I believe, nearly over ! 🙄.

I have noted, since studying The Lexus Owner’s Club UK, over the month’s that Malcolm will infrequently refer to his Triumph, a true classic within his personal collection.

perhap’s, some of you may be thinking what will happen when I, finally, sell my year 2000 Lexus LS 400 ? what will I drive - I’m an old, but healthy and able, old ‘git, will I hang my clog’s up and cease driving altogether, maybe ?

…..will I …….! 

well, dear reader, I do still own my original BCF ( Best Car Forever ) - before it’s crown was, abruptly, taken by The Lexus LS 400 ! for nearly 3 year’s this ‘back up’ car has been stored, under cover in an old stable block, on a farm less than 3 mile’s from my home location. the car ? a mint condition, Japan personal import (2016), 1985 Mercedes-Benz W123 230e auto+aircon saloon, showing just 74k mile’s from new ! classic white with blue cloth interior - and not a black box in sight !😃😃. once known as ‘the Berlin taxi’ over 2.9 million unit’s were made and considered, today, as the zenith of  MB precision engineering and design ! now, 40 year’s old next year ( free road tax 😃😃 ) nearly all the northern hemisphere car’s have rusted away - such a rare sight on the road’s, even rarer on the show circuit. really, too good to daily but shall for a while then, reluctantly put her, him, other up for sale - time,then, for me to recommence a ‘post barrage’ on the MBOC site…..😲😲🙄! value? mmm dealer’s are asking £20k+ - private early/mid teen’s ?

….big thrill for me, last week. preparing to recommission the MB - decided, for the first time ever in my life, to change the Oil and Filter - so easy ! 😃 my local go-to engineer, Dougie, would be seriously naffed off if he knew - normally, I supply the Oil and Filter and he charge’s £25 to change them on his ramp !! (Scottish Border’s, see 😃 ).

anthony

I still think your nuts selling your last of the line Ls400 in impeccable nic 🤔

Dump the classic Merc …… take all your profit from it and continue driving a real real proper limo …… your Mk1V Ls400 😇

Malc 

• Like 2

….I hear you, Malcolm ! previously, my daily torpedo was an SL 500 (R129) - beautiful car (glass hardtop) but in fact, turned out to be a ‘money pit’ - alway’s making constant demand’s on my piece’s of plastic.

not cheap when first purchased, the W123 was to be my Last and Final Car - I would be burie’d in her, him, other - which will be a little inconvenient as I am down for a cremation in a wicker basket ( how green am I - following a billion ton pollution footprint over 6 + decade’s !! ☹️ ).

….as previously released, I am 6’ 5” ( benefit ? I am alway’s the first to know when it rain’s ! 🤭 ). a lifetime of a range of MB’s, because they alway’s deliver…..legroom !

found my Lexus LS 400 on the east coast, north of Berwick, way out in The Wilderness, who would schlep out there to view a car ? the fascination was the X plate, had seen series 4’s with T,V and W reg’s but never an X ! it was ‘love at first sight’ - I wanted it - but did I need it - no, already had my BCF. sod it, will have 2 BCF’s - use one as ‘back up’ 😲

if I am honest, The Lexus is not ideal for me, that damn sunroof lower’s the headroom. the legroom is not as generous, for me, as an MB - but the overall Build Quality and Precision Engineering - is to die for, unique ! 😃👍

would I consider a similar age, even with low average mileage like mine, MB S-Class 420 (w140/220), BMW 7- serie’s 450, Audi A8 or a Jaguar XJ……would you ? no, neither would I - they are all now, at this age, ‘moneypit’s’ ! ☹️ 💷💷💷💷💷

Lexus ? in a League of it’s Own - even in the 21st Century grudgingly reaspected and regarded as the best quality and most reliable prestige brand in The World 🌍 !!

truth be known  Malcolm ? yes, I shall be sad to see her, him, other depart from my life - a bit like the film Brief Encounter (1945 with Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson)……I love her, him, other ♥️♥️

anthony

Anthony …… haven’t you a dear appreciative nephew whatever who could “ borrow “ her for a time …….. keep the Ls400 in the family so’s to speak 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

….unfortunately it’s a no from me, Malcolm !

bit of a sad old ‘git - no family now but I will have my BCF W123  to care for + of course , mean’t to mention this in the last post, the, now, withdrawn from USAF service in 1999, Lockheed Martin SR-71 ‘Blackbird’ Reconnaissance aircraft ! one of the last ( like my Lexus LS 400! ) fitted with dual P&W JT11D -  20K turbojet’s with afterburner’s creating 34.000 lbft . have had her up to 2.200 mph but I know she, him, other has more to give !😲 height ? last summer we ascended to 85.000 feet but, like the power she, him, her could climb even higher ! purpose built to take picture’s, this summer, plan to take snap’s of the WeCrushAnyCar scrap yard site - just for the memorie’s really 😃. not cheap to run, but hey, life is not a rehearsal, it’s only money, after all ! 😃 ( thought - do the landing light power washer’s work on The Blackbird ? will have to check them….😳 ).

….furthur to my last post - those Merc’s, BMW’s, A8’s and Jaag’s I listed are all, imminently, destined for The Crusher - none of them will return, ever -  unlike my year 2000 Lexus LS 400 - she, him, other -  will never die, to exist into the future aeon’s of time, eternity and infinity 😲😲 (….I’ll get my coat, then and leave, now…).

anthony

you mentioned my 1932 Triumph Southern Cross Sports Tourer   Yes, my nephew is the custodian right now and with his  kids they get to use her weekends and other times too when the weather's ok ........... and in the mood .....  and local'ish car shows ....  Newmarket way  .......  I had thought to ask if he wanted your Ls400 but know he'll be having one or other or both of mine at some time maybe  .........  Long way from the Borders to Newmarket methinks !

Malc

…..OH MY GOODNESS, EVERYONE between us , we have only gone and done it !!!!!!🎊🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺☀️💥💥💥💥💥💥💥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄👑👑👑☄️☄️🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🍔🍔🍔🍔🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍳🍳🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🥇🥇🥇🥇🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏅🏅🎖️🎖️🤹🤹🤹🤹🎷🎷🎺🎺🎹🎹🎸🎸🪘🪘🪘🪇🪇🪇🪕🪕🪕🪕🎭🥁🥁🚀🚀🚀🚀🔦🔦🔦🔦🧨🧨🧨🧨🎏🎏🎏🎏🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🩷❤️🧡💛💚🤍💙💜🖤🩶🤍🤎💖❣️💕💞💓💗💟🔆🔆🔆🔆⚠️⚠️🆒🆒🆒🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶✔️☑️🔴🟠🟣🔵🟢🟡🟤🔹🔶🔷🔸🔺🔻🔝🔝🔝🔝🔛🔛🔛 ▪️▫️◼️🟩🟨🟧🟥◻️🟦🟪🟫🔔🔔🔔🔔📢📢📢📢📢📢📣📣📣📣📣📣🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇺🇦 🌎🌍🌏🌎🌍🌏. 😄🤨🧐🥰😇🥲😳🤓😎🥸🤩🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳😝😝🥹🥹🥹🥹🤣😂😅😜😜🤪🤪🤪🤪

the counter has just clicked over to :

3️⃣ . 0️⃣ 0️⃣ 0️⃣ VIEW’S - FOR A LEXUS CAR’S FOR SALE FORUM AD !!!!! -   get ‘outta here !!!! (🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄).  😃🥳😇😳🤓😎🕺💃🥹🤪🤩

what can I say but such a big THANK YOU to all the member’s, Lexus or otherwise, of my ‘Year 2000 LEXUS LS 400 GANG’ !!!

this Big Achievement would never have happened without YOU, and I’m looking at YOU when I say this !!! 😃😃😃😃 (ok, maybe a bit from me, too 🫣). 

…ONWARD’S AND UPWARD’S GANG - OUR NEW TARGET IS 4️⃣ . 0️⃣ 0️⃣ 0️⃣  VIEW’S !!!

to celebrate this triumphant achievement I want to buy You All a drink on me at my place, search address on my file - LET’S HAVE A PARTY, EVERYONE ! first on the Music Playlist ? of course,…………………’ROCK’N ROLL IS HERE TO STAY’  by  DANNY AND THE JUNIOR’S

thank you all, again

anthony

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

…..please, I beg you all all to search YouTube:

Danny and the Juniors - Rock’n roll is here to stay

in mono, it’s a live show at the Odeon, Peckham, SE London…

a 3.50 minute clip - that’s me,  middle row, clapping  along !

halcyon day’s

enjoy

anthony

….have pm’d our Wonderful and oh so Generous, Steve, with my address detail’s for  The Unicorn of Torche’s - 🦄 The Lexus LS 400 Tool Kit Torch 🔦 🦄.

I, sincerely, THANK YOU, again, Steve, for releasing your own beloved Lexus Torch to me, am absolutely thrilled and delighted !!😃😃😃😃.

after a few mail exchange’s we came to a very amicable agreement whereby The Lexus Owner’s Club UK will pay me £1 gbp Sterling Cash for each View accrued, to be confirmed in writing

I could be a millionaire, this time, next year !

gang ! get all your friend’s and family (even enemie’s) to search and view this site ! maybe, get some exercise and go up to complete stranger’s in the street and encourage them to search for this site - I will give you a cut, cash, of what I earn ! how generous is your Leader, trust me - like a chicken would Colonel Sander’s ?? 😲😲 😃😃 (one day we could take over the world ! 🫣)…..I may, even, sell my year 2000 Lexus LS 400 😲😲😲😲😲

anthony

….alway’s good to hear classic car’s like your Triumph is being used, Malcolm - well done, you ! so many classic’s die simply through storage and lack of use. machinery does just not like remaining inactive.

having said that my W123 has lain idle for nearly 3 year’s, now. no evidence of rodent residence and the interior is bone dry, thank heaven’s. 100 % confident she, him, her will start as soon as I turn the key. new Michelin’s, of course, look good and are the same pressure as they were at the start of storage !

…wow, Malcolm ! a Coventry Climax 8.9hp power plant in your Triumph Southern Cross, eh.

going to be totally honest here, Malcolm, up against my Blackbird in a standing start - even if I gave you a handicap start at say, Capetown, and even if I agreed not enable the afterburner’s I might, I say might, struggle to catch you - much good luck to you Malcolm, if you accept the challenge. 

be a nice holiday for you and the family, though, Malcolm. happy to take you all for a spin in the Blackbird - but, sadly, only room for one at a time, sitting behind me - CIA could ask me for intelligence photo’s out there - Malcolm, tell me, would you feel competent and comfortable operating a Kodak Instamatic at 80.000 feet ?

anthony

….from Scotland to Capetown flying, in my Blackbird, in a straight line would take me just less than 3 hour’s ! 

and you wonder why I just take my SR-17 up for a brief joy ride, occasionally, around The Scottish Border’s airspace burning c 40.000 lbs. per hour? how I love my Shell Fuel Card !😃😲

anthony

Hahaha. Kodak Instamatic for me  😇…….  my first flight ever was a Biggin Hill private training flight ……. scary for sure ……. Now I’m usually pax on a Boeing whatever somewhere ……… Cape Town sounds good …… loved the place. ….. a month just driving around South Africa on hols a long time back tho ……. happy memories eh ! 
that was in a hire Toyota Corolla 👍. Lexus hadn’t been invented then maybe …… early 80’s 

As with my first J reg Lexus I “ inherited” the Triumph thru my car sales business on the Romney Marsh way back 👌

I gave up on driving the Triumph, just marginally easier than flying that goddam plane 🤣

Now your X reg Ls400 ……. can it fly ? 🤔

Malc 

2 hours ago, borderslad said:

…..please, I beg you all all to search YouTube:

Danny and the Juniors - Rock’n roll is here to stay

in mono, it’s a live show at the Odeon, Peckham, SE London…

a 3.50 minute clip - that’s me,  middle row, clapping  along !

halcyon day’s

enjoy

anthony

Remember going to kids Saturday morning flicks at the Odeon Peckham as a youngster ……… donkeys years back …… I was born in Peckham 😇

Malc 

….now that is spooky, Malcolm ! I too, flew from Biggin Hill, would be early 60’s !

visited airfield at week-end’s, the apron outside the flight office was alway’s surrounded by crowd’s, in the summer, gawping at all the frequent aircraft traffic movement’s.

I flew an ageing de Havilland Chipmunk, tandem 2 seat, single engine ex-RAF trainer. 

I say flew, I twigged the reason why so many local flight’s were solo single pilot’s. the reason ? private / commercial pilot’s needing to maintain their annual flying hour’s to keep their licence’s ! circulate in the flight office watching for a pilot kitted out ready to leave to embark on their hired aircraft. ask them, politely, if I could join them for their flight -  never declined ( alway’s free ).!

de rigeur to wear the raf  blue cloth skull cap with in-built headphone’s, would swagger out onto the apron, my comms lead trailing 😳 crowd’s gawping - felt like Biggle’s or a Spitfire pilot as I crossed the tarmac, climbed into the cockpit of the Chipmunk and taxied away ! 😂 🤣.

oh happy day’s - an era long gone !

anthony

• Like 1

….I used to live in Camberwell ! 😃

I, remember, I was 14 and purchased a large framed pen and ink drawing (mono)/ portrait of the head, helmet, goggles and oxygen mask of a wartime pilot from an old junk ship in Peckham - name of the shop? Austin’s - remember them, Malcolm ?

cost 2 shilling’s and sixpence (25p), as I compose this post it’s hanging up in my hallway !😲

anthony

2/6d =. 12.5p. Your maths is appalling 🥵

Austin’s yes …… antiques emporium, never a “ junk shop “  😇. One in Brayards Road ? and the much bigger open’ish store up by the Green on Peckham Rye …… I’d moved, when I was 7,  to Nunhead by then …… upmarket from Peckham 😄 …… just along from the cemetery …… 52 acres of bliss in a heaving metropolis ……… I used to work there too in the school holidays …… ancillary gardener and grave digger 😄

Taught me how to avoid digging my own thru much of life eh ! 
It’s a small world 🤔

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links