Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Considering sale of RCF and switch to….

I am tentatively thinking of selling current RCF and currently looking at alternatives. Has anyone considered or done similar?

current shortlist is current M3/M4, previous gen but 2019 (facelift) onward c63 coupe (do like the estate though!) or the 2021 onward (facelift) Alfa Guilia Quadrifoglio….

suspect I’m better selling privately but they are a rare beast, particularly mine as a facelift ~ have genuinely not seen another on road since I purchased in 2021 (Lexus approved) so perhaps might take some time.

Any advice, experience or suggestions appreciated.

I say tentatively as fundamentally it is a brilliant car and I know I will miss elements of it but….

brief spec below in case someone interested in discussing 

Facelift (current shape) model in Azur Blue (recently stage 2 polish and ceramic coated)

2 tone white and black leather (treated)

29k miles or thereabouts 

full Lexus service history of course 

Oct 2019 registration (69 plate) but on a five digit private plate - would include for right buyer

Hayward & Scott exhaust (plus standard)

AVS adaptive dampers

apple CarPlay and all other usual spec incl mark levinson, forged alloys, orange callipers 

Optional and in my opinion vital sunroof

8A53D081-C359-4139-B312-39333DB969A5.thumb.jpeg.51dfe35309c55fccff6cfe5915ab2406.jpeg

1 hour ago, RCF Fan said:

I am tentatively thinking of selling current RCF and currently looking at alternatives. Has anyone considered or done similar?

current shortlist is current M3/M4, previous gen but 2019 (facelift) onward c63 coupe (do like the estate though!) or the 2021 onward (facelift) Alfa Guilia Quadrifoglio….

suspect I’m better selling privately but they are a rare beast, particularly mine as a facelift ~ have genuinely not seen another on road since I purchased in 2021 (Lexus approved) so perhaps might take some time.

Any advice, experience or suggestions appreciated.

I say tentatively as fundamentally it is a brilliant car and I know I will miss elements of it but….

brief spec below in case someone interested in discussing 

Facelift (current shape) model in Azur Blue (recently stage 2 polish and ceramic coated)

2 tone white and black leather (treated)

29k miles or thereabouts 

full Lexus service history of course 

Oct 2019 registration (69 plate) but on a five digit private plate - would include for right buyer

Hayward & Scott exhaust (plus standard)

AVS adaptive dampers

Apple CarPlay and all other usual spec incl mark levinson, forged alloys, orange callipers 

Optional and in my opinion vital sunroof

8A53D081-C359-4139-B312-39333DB969A5.thumb.jpeg.51dfe35309c55fccff6cfe5915ab2406.jpeg

Good luck with the sale, wish I had the sunroof!  Hope you don’t mind me asking, what’s moving towards those alternatives?  Most RCF owners made the conscious decision to not buy a BMW/Merc etc.

Alfa however was on my shortlist too but didn’t want the back seats.  Beautiful cars though, love the Red or Green with tan interior!

Funnily enough, I had a deposit on a new Alfa quad at the time (also would like a red or Green one) but backed out as they mis-quoted the numbers and I didn’t feel at the time i could justify the extra

I had considered the BMW/merc at the time but then this one turned up and it was dream spec for me so jumped on it.

Think I just fancy a change really, nothing against the car and although I’d love a LC, need something with a little practicality - small bugbear for this car is that the rear seats don’t fold on the F. And it’s bigger than you expect but as an ownership prospect (running costs aside 😁) it’s brilliant!

Alpine A110 is what I ended up switching to. Absolutely brilliant car, tons of fun and addresses a lot of the flaws of the RCF (weight, gearing, handling). I'd recommend test-driving one at the very least to see if you like it, preferably a GT.

image.thumb.jpeg.4108e09c93e77eac23b266c021f60666.jpeg

Lovely car and right up my street - good friend of mine had one and raved about it (didn’t have a chance to drive it sadly)…certainly worth a look but I wonder if practical enough

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RCF Fan said:

Lovely car and right up my street - good friend of mine had one and raved about it (didn’t have a chance to drive it sadly)…certainly worth a look but I wonder if practical enough

It's not quite as practical as an RCF, but depends what you need really. I go shopping in it, I've been on week long holidays with it and had room to spare. You get a front and rear boot so it's more practical than an MX-5 or S2000.

I sat today in one 110GT at South Wales Car Show in Chepstow. Alpine Cardiff branch had one in green. I liked the interior and seating position. 1100kg sounds very interesting 😁

Exterior is like little Aston Martin.

I’m going to book a test drive. Seems to be a great car. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links