Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

TPMS problems

I have a 2015 RC-F but no idea if TPMS is similar on all models so I posted here to maybe have more chance of responses.

I had a slow puncture in a rear wheel, the air was leaking from where the valve meets the rim, I took it to a tyre place & they couldnt get the TPMS off because it was seized & was going to break, so they asked me what I wanted to do, I said it was ok to replace it, so they broke it off & put a new TPMS sensor on that wheel, cloned the ID etc. 

I drove away after but I noticed none of the tyre pressures were showing on the dash, the TPMS light wasnt on, I thought it might take a few miles to recalibrate or something, but it never came back. 

I read the manual, did the turn on the ig, press the TPMS button under the dash, it flashed 3 times & then waited a few minutes, turned it off & back on again, didnt work.

Plugged in the diag tool, it shows all 4 sensor ID's & all sensors are reading a pressure.

Took it back to the tyre place, they spend 2 hours messing with it, resetting it all etc & gave up, refunded me for the job. 

Anyone else had these issues, does it HAVE TO BE an OEM Lexus TPMS sensor? any ideas before I get ripped off by Lexus dealerships? would TPMS be covered by that "Relax" warranty?

So to sum it up, no TPMS light is on, all values on the dash are -:--, all tyre pressures are good, I did the reset procedure from the manual & all 4 TPMS sensors are transmitting & reading values when viewing them on the diag tool.

Anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I had the same thing on a GS300.  Only the Lexus part seemed to solve the issue.  I had a service plan so at least got some discount as at the time a new TPMS sensor was £284 for that one.

I bought a sensor for £75 from lexus parts direct. As my car is going in for its service at lexus in a couple of weeks, I'll ask how much to fit & code the sensor but I'm expecting a rip off price, so I'm looking for a place that can program the oem stuff

I Hear Of This problem Coming up Time and Time Again..Its Best to get The dealership to supply and fit The TPMS Sensor AND you can also Negotiate the tyre Price as well so they do the lot..In The long run i know its a bit Dearer..But Oh The Hassle and Pure Frustration it Saves you Is Uncountable...My Opinion Only Of Course...

• Like 1

I agree.  That's been my experience.  Listers Lexus don't charge any extra for fitting or disposal of old tyres, so you do get tyres at a reasonable cost to start with.  They'll also give discount on parts.  Was recently quoted a cheaper price from lexus to supply and fit tyres than I did from my local tyre fitting garage based on the same tyre make and model.

• Like 1

I had my tpms replaced 3 years ago as the batteries had packed in. I use a local mobile tyre fitter who cloned the originals the replacement sensors are Autel units and have been fine since then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GSLV6 said:

I agree.  That's been my experience.  Listers Lexus don't charge any extra for fitting or disposal of old tyres, so you do get tyres at a reasonable cost to start with.  They'll also give discount on parts.  Was recently quoted a cheaper price from lexus to supply and fit tyres than I did from my local tyre fitting garage based on the same tyre make and model.

Exactly Paul.. Thats the way to go..!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links