Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

I have just purchased a 72 plate 300e and I have couple of questions, it is the Premium Plus model.

I have been given one key and a key card, is this correct or should it have two keys and a key card?

it has a button inside for folding door mirrors but nothing happens when pressed, should it have folding door mirrors?

Car has been purchased from a main dealer so can’t see it being too much of a problem if there is an issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

On all other models you get two normal keys and a keycard in addition on certain grades. Not sure if Lexus cheaped out specifically on the 300e but I don't see why.

The folding door mirrors on mine are a switch on the drivers door by the window switches. One position is always open, one is always closed (folded) and the middle is folded when locked - which I don’t use as it looks silly with them folded at an angle.

You should have two keys plus the card key. There was a chip shortage and some were being delivered with only one key but you should have two. 

I hope you got a good deal used UXe’s have dropped in value a lot from new due to the poor range. But if you can live with the poor range and only travel 50 miles from home and can charge at home, they are great cars. Currently getting 4.1 kWh in eco mode. Not even tried normal or sport it’s quick enough in eco. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

The folding door mirrors on mine are a switch on the drivers door by the window switches. One position is always open, one is always closed (folded) and the middle is folded when locked - which I don’t use as it looks silly with them folded at an angle.

You should have two keys plus the card key. There was a chip shortage and some were being delivered with only one key but you should have two. 

Thank you for your replies.

I have just had a reply from the dealer and they are all apologetic and have booked it in to have a look at the mirrors. The extra key they are now sorting.

The mirror switch is all there but doesn’t do anything and there is no resistance if you fold the mirrors manually. 

There was also some other issues on handover that should have been sorted which left them running about at the last minute.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links