Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wannabe owner

Hello all

New car time again, I love the IS200s but have a few worries after my test drive.

It is a wee slow from the lights, is this me - have I been a girl racer for way too long or is it a bit sluggish. If it is, can it be chipped into a mean machine and how much does that cost.

Is the sport the best spec, is sat nav worth it? Will I look like a middle aged salesman driving it (no offence, opps too late you all have taken it already,,,lol)

I must admit I was totally won over and can't wait for my one - why are the colours soooo limited? I was thinking of the green - any green ones out there, haven't as yet seen a green one so pics would be good.

Many thanks for all your help...

Welcome to the club.

The Sport is the top spec, correct. I find Sat Nav very useful, I didn't think I'd use it that much but it has helped me out alot.

Check out TDI's website for a list of available mods to make it a bit quicker. Or check out some of the other threads, there is plenty of chat about mods. Check bottom of page for TDI's address.

Have fun!:D

How effective is the Unichip?

Is the TTD worth the 4K - how much does it take the bhp to - I am currently used to 225, will I notice the difference?

Thanks again - questions, questions ( I know I should go and read 1,000 previous threads, but I am lazy!!!!!)

The green is scrummy.

I am still very concerned about low rev performance though - I will just have to drive it again and see how I do by driving it a bit harder.

Does it come in yellow - there must be one out there somewhere with a dodgy paintjob!

Well I do need a dishwasher, so if you come cheap and will fit in with the decor - then you have a deal!

Do I get a chauffeur service also, because I can NOT drive for toffee! The straight line part is fine, just the turning of the wheel, changing gear, going backwards - I just drive it straight, reach as far as I can go then just abandon the car and go buy a new one!!

Caution is always better than haste!

I do like Audis alot, I find the driving position in mine awful, I can't see below the mirrors. Next time you see a TT look at the wheels - gaurantee curbed, you just don't know where they are.

Is the S3 the new one out in September, they also have a new convertable out at the same time. I love Audi's breaks, but the non TT insides are a bit basic.

I just saw a thread on the next page about faults so I am a bit worried now. I must admit if I had to fault the Lexus I would do on the gearbox - that reverse is a bummer.

Audis are good, very safe, but the Lexus just has something that screams class!

I also looked at a Merc C Class Sports Coupe, but again the driving position let me down - I am only 5'3". I was in heaven with the Lex magic seats, but now I am worried that it will all go wrong and be in the garage more than on the drive!

:o

I'd put a tenner (and not a fiver!) on it that it will be more reliable than the TT. I have so far had one failure/fault - the light bulb of the passenger/driver reading light. in 12k miles and one year.

AS for curbing - the IS is VERY prone to it becaue the alloys are so nice are big! Just use the mirror more effectively and you're get no more than a little tinnie one in a year.

hi JOJO .i always wanted a TT 225 roadster. cant get insured on it though. i'll get one sooner or later. but i get my IS in 4 weeks and i dnt regret placing the order at all. cant wait for 1st september to come!! you can tune a lex' up better in engine and body than a TT anyway except the yellow limited edition TT( mmm i want 1). i'd say go get one for sure!!!!:D

Hi JoJo,

I can't recommend that IS enough, my mate at work has just bought himself a TT c/w 18" alloys, but he still likes to play in the Lexus as well - and he seriously thought about buying an IS Sport. I agree with all the other guys about the image, the looks you'll get etc - it never ceases to amaze me how many people stop to stare at my IS - and soooooooo many people say that they want one (but they just can't have one!)

As the advert for Lexus says - it's the feeling inside - and that's true, I spend an awful lot of time behind the wheel of mine, and I always get out having enjoyed the journey - the stereo is class, the seats are comfy and well, it's just all round good fun :cool::cool:

Enjoy your IS200 - you won't regret it!

My friend at work just bought a TT, he was really proud till he parked next to my IS down the pub one day, later that day he asked me to take him out for a spin and since has been wishing he could have an IS. The level of equipment is far better, much more refined, more reliable and practical. I'll stick with my IS.

Andy

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hi Jojo

I had a serious fault on my IS200 SE (broken power steering pump), but Lexus Assist had the car picked up within an hour of my call and half an hour later the replacement car turned up. The dealer had the car fixed in two days.

Lexus Dealers are generally a dream and will treat you like a King/Queen (even though we all actaully own their bottom of the range motor in the IS200) and are relatively cheap for servicing.

I agree on the lack of low down power on the IS200, personally I think Lexus could have done more with the VVTI to solve this (maybe next time). Have you tried the IS300 ?

Thank you guys

Well, any doubts that were setting in have subsided a little now, you are right about the level of refinements and extras in the IS - they blow Audi, Merc and BMW out the water at the same price.

My salesman was a sweetie, Audi make you think you are doing them a favor by buying one of thier cars - 'I'm not worthy sir of this fine piece of engineering!' - NOT

Right - so I'm now thinking IS200s - body kit or not - does the body kit make much of a difference? - parking sensors (you know why!) and probably sat nav, just for the hell of it. Colour still to be decided, is the gold one on here a special order?

If I can't get gold then maybe the green or the dark grey.

No haven't thought of the IS300 - thats even bigger, could you imagine!

I am actually gagging for the big daddy of Lexi - but at 50k I think not - that is one georgous car, saw one in gold the other day - wow stunning.

As for all the awards for safety, I had no idea - I must admit I was so impressed by the breaks that I did about 3 emergency stops on the TD!

I am actually a member of the TT forum, thats how I know that forums are the best way of finging out information the dealers don't want to tell you. A nice bunch of guys although all of them worked in IT!

:rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links