Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Raging Fuel Costs

Steve

I was listening to the radio the other day in regards to fuel costs and found out that Dorset has the highest fuel costs in the whole of the UK. This makes me a bit red eyed! :flaming:

To fual this i went to my Local Sainsbury's who offered me 2 pence off a litre of petrol when I spent more than £50.

What I would like to know is do sainsbury's offset this by adding it to the food or do they actually make enough money on fuel to actually discount this amount off per litre?

Anyway time we all got together and did something to help reduce fuel costs here.

I have an article I would like you all to read. This article was sent to me by a member (name anonymously kept...but thanks) I do not endorse this article as club chairman but I do find it a good idea and I shall be attempting this myself.

Please download it below and let me know your thoughts. You need MS word to read this.

I think it's a great idea...in theory. I got a similar email about this about 6 months ago and forwarded it to everyone I know. Judging by the fact that I've not seen this email again until now, I suspect it's been a bit of a dud.

Still, I think we should boycott these garages. If people start making a conscious effort maybe it'll work this time? :?::?:

Right... well I've just sent it to 30 ppl. in my address book... I'd very much like to see this go ahead to the extent that I'll be making sure they forward it too by phoning them and checking what they're doing about it.

I do believe that petrol prices are extortionate, although I feel the impact will fall upon the oil companies whereas the reason for such high prices lies, in my opinion, with government taxes on fuel. Esso and BP can point to their operations in other countries and say 'look we're cheaper over there... its not our fault your government tax you so heavily'. And that will be a valid argument.

The fuel protests were designed to hurt government by slowing down the economy; not to directly hit the oil companies (although they were obviously hit by the downturn in sales of fuel).

Ever since I read the letter the issue about petrol prices has been bothering me, and for those who have the time and are interested I have a solution...

The government will tax everyone as hard as people will bear until the people do something (and history shows that it is usually a protest or revolt of some type).

I think what we should do is look at taxation issues (...those who have the time...) and see what can legally be done to minimise taxation on ourselves.

For starters I suggest everyone look at Inheritance Tax, since it is one of the easiest to understand and minimise upon. I personally think its shady practice on the governments side to tax people upon their deaths and they know they can get away with it because its one of those things no one likes to think about.

There's no way we're going to be able to get the government to cut down taxation on fuel, they didn't budge during the protests and there's no reason to think they'd react any differently to a repeat of the protests now. We have to hit them using their own laws and legally avoid whatever we all can they'd notice somethings up.

Although a good idea, I know a couple of antivirus companies registered that email as a non harmful virus - it was classed as "another chain letter" that companies don't want flying around their mail systems!

On a lighter note - Im only using Optimax but what happens next year when we have to boycott Shell and non of the other garages have developed an optimax replacement. Will we still stick with the plan???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links