Sign in to follow this  
lemon_squeal

Stereo Problem

Hi everyone, was hoping someone could give me any ideas. I have a 1999 is200 s and the stereo is playing up, if i turn it on full blast (cd,tape,radio) i can just about hear some noise, apart from that nothing. I have checked the connections at the back and they seem ok, somebody said it might be the amp, so i had a look behind the glovebox and there"s no amp there (then someone said the s model doesn"t have a amp)????? any help would be much appreicated :)

welcome,

i dunno about no amp on the S model,, but the amp should be behind and to the left of the glove box..

S doesn't have the amp. The Radios covered by Lexus for 5yrs I think. Give your local dealer a call, and see what they can do :winky:

Speak to your dealer again. They may be able to do it out of good will. If not try Lexus GB

I think that the warranty for the audio system has been extended from 4 to 6 years. I have a 2000(yr) Is 200 SE and had the cd ( Audio)replaced in April2004. It has now played up again where after playing for 15 mins it packs up and becomes distorted. I have contacted Lexus Southampton and they will be ordering a second replacement audio sustem.