Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys

My Brake system warning is sometimes on permanently, can be on for the whole of a journey, and not on the next journey, and then on again the next time..it doesn't flicker its just either on or not??

I've checked the manual, and therefore checked the bulbs for brake lights which are OK, and i've checked the Brake fluid level, which is fine too .... the parking brake is released also so i cant find what the problem may be?

Does it indicate any other problem, or is there a connection i can check?

cheers

Ants

Thanks guys , i'll get me sandpaper on the bulb connectors ...... can you point me in the direction of the handbrake switch to check :)

I did have the same problem, but the TRC & ABS light also came on, this was down to an earth fault with the ABS Pump.

Once the light was on, the only way to get rid of it was to switch off and but on again, and then during the journey it would randomly come back on again.

BR

Paul

Yeah, the brake light sensor part of it can be a real pain in the ****. The light sometimes comes on if there is a dodgy bulb, like one that's due to blow. The connections are another good one to check too as said before.

Also, the brake fluid level sensor is funny, make sure the reservoir is really on the max level. It seems to come on easily.

Try pulling the parking brake pedal all the way up with your toe while you release it with the handle. I had to lube the mechanism on my 90 LS occasionally to make the pedal come up all the way so that the dash light would go off. If the parking brake is depressed only a fraction of an inch, the warning light will remain on.

• Like 1

The bulb warning system should only come on after you have pressed the brake pedal. Start the car and release the handbrake without pressing the brake pedal - if the light goes out then it's not the handbrake switch. If the light remains on it could be either the handbrake switch or the brake fluid switch.

Thanks for your pointers guys :) , its actually the Brake System light ... not the handbrake light (that works OK)

I'm leaning more towards a dodgy rear bulb, i noticed the right hand brake light didn't work, so i went to change the bulb and noticed the filament was OK, so tried the brake pedal again and this time it did work :blink::blink: ? so not sure if its a wire problem or metal contact, i'll keep looking :)

Cheers guys

Ant

• 1 year later...
Thanks for your pointers guys :) , its actually the Brake System light ... not the handbrake light (that works OK)

I'm leaning more towards a dodgy rear bulb, i noticed the right hand brake light didn't work, so i went to change the bulb and noticed the filament was OK, so tried the brake pedal again and this time it did work :blink::blink: ? so not sure if its a wire problem or metal contact, i'll keep looking :)

Cheers guys

Ant

Hi Ants

Did you find problem as i got same thing one minute brake light works and does not the next, cant see anything wrong, wiggled wiring but stays on, not a flicker!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links