Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Clunks, Squeaks, just plain annoying. my gs300 mrk 1 has the worsed wipers Ive EVER had on any car Ive owned for noise, Changed them five times the latest ones are lexus cost loads 4 months ago they were just fine when fitted, but now bloody squeak, squeak, clunk , squeak. cleaned them no change.

Do I have to change the spring loaded arms as well??? does anyone else have this prob :blink:

Phil.

Got my new wipers, nice fast service by PRI Racing LTD. Applyed the stuff on the screen that came with the wipers.

Taken off the old wipers (Lexus ones) I noticed the passanger one is curved, "emmm" looking end to end it is curved and not the way it should be, the other one is not. This cannot be right, its as if the wiper parking is bending the wiper on the window seal, Im wondering if this has been the prob all along.

I must look into this more. :unsure: but it wont :tsktsk: stop raining.

OK its stopped raining, Had a look at the full parking position of the passanger wiper, :blush: I dont Know how I missed this, one end of the wiper has hit the bonnet hinge and the other end hits the main arm itself hence bending the wiper.

after all this f*rting about just needs the arm repositioning, but I do like these Silicon wipers very nice :D

I agree, my wipers are the worst thing about the car :angry: , i get a bang/clonk every time the wipers are on and reach the vertical position and this gets worse at speed .............they dont feel loose .............could this be a clunking big arm hidden by the bonnet?? :unsure:

Right,

got around the problem by turning key to on position, tapped the wiper stalk and turned the power off when it reached the top. Go to rear seat of car and get Halfrauds wipers out in preperation. Remove old wipers and proceed to fit Halfrauds wipers, oh hang on they dont fit! Bloody Halfrauds see fit to put on clip on plastic lugs which clip over the end of the wiper arm, not like the PIAA just taken off that clip into the wiper arm. Fecking Halfrauds could not organise a P**S UP in a Brewery. Anyone know where I can order online some PIAA jobbies?

Ta

Tommo

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links