Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Emanage..

Mr Singh

Guys stumbled across this after seeing it on Australian forum. Seems to be a air fuel controller than is wired into the ecu. http://www.greddy.com/prod_e_manage.htm - more info here.

Check out the gains in torque,

dyno_greedy_alteza.gif

I think its awesome for the money considering that much gain in torque.. Any opinions?

It's basically a piggypack ECU...it works by manipulating the ECU's values (i think). Also the gains mostly depend on the mods you've got done ie: breathing & Turbo (if done) mostly. I'd also take a look at the Apexi AFC. Both are supposed to be on a similar sort of level...also see if you can get a harness or something or the other made for the AEM Piggyback (forgot what it's called).

Is that graph from a stock Altezza? Or is it modified?

Emanage has the same functions, the SAFC has. but u can also change timing.

Image of a emanage tuned IS300

Some discussion on is300

But the emange is not makeing any big sense on stock cars. only cars with tuned header, racepipe, intake etc. will really profit on the emanage.

The dyno above is a car that had header, rp, and exhaust. You see hp gains of 17-18 in some places.

Thanks guys. I have been looking at the Apex-i S-AFC too. The Apex-i seems to be more popular and a cheaper option.

No major mods at the mo, only induction kit, nos and soon a prolex zorst...

Yeh? my mate has the vtec one on his civic type r seems to help him improve his 1/4..

Also the emanage has higher resolution maps and it can do timing, could be a bonus if any..

i would have thought that if you were lookinag at getting these systems, then a proper mapping and tuning session is a must..

Yes, of course.

But there are also shops in the US which offer pretuned emanages.

i would have thought that if you were lookinag at getting these systems, then a proper mapping and tuning session is a must..

Yes, of course.

But they won't be pre-programmed for Euro spec cars.

Yes, of course.

and also not for JDM spec cars ... like Mr. Singh's Altezza ... :lol:

I also have installed the Apexi S-AFC II into my IS200 and I noticed that

the response and acceleration @ high rpm improved a bit.

But only for some more HP or a few ft-lbs.

But it doesn't work very good on N/A cars as somebody already said, it'd be better

to use it on a super- or turbocharged car.

;)

1.) pretuned for Euro IS300 then. :P

2.) As you can see in the is300.net discussion, the most gains were made by changing the timing. That can only be made with the E-Manage. Not the S-AFC II.

3.) Buy a E-manage clone cable (~50 US$) and download the E-Manage software. Then you get for a total of ~450US$ a really good base for tuning. You then need some time on a dyno with a wideband and a knocksensor and you get all out for your N/A mods.

As you can see they made gain of almost 20 hp at some parts (peak=10hp). So isnt that worth the money?

If you already spend money on headers, racepipe, exhaust and stuff like that, this is maybe what you should get.

Yes, of course.

nor setup for your OWN specific setup and nuances..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links