Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Klasse And P21s Detailing Products

Matthew_McNally

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, just got back from the Grasshopper Inn Meet (see This Link)

Took some great pictures in the daylight, weather was great so I am even more pleased with the result now, woke up to quite a layer of dust this morning, but a run over with the spritz and a towel restored it back to the former glory :)

First.... a bit Max Power style.....

normal_Picture%20261.jpg

(Click thumbnail for larger picture)

thumb_Picture%20249.jpg thumb_Picture%20250.jpg thumb_Picture%20252.jpg thumb_Picture%20253.jpg

thumb_Picture%20254.jpg thumb_Picture%20255.jpg thumb_Picture%20256.jpg thumb_Picture%20257.jpg

Does this stuff remove light scratches, small stonechips and light swirl marks too?

Is the general conclusion that this stuff is better then the meguirs 3-stage or about the same?

I should be having the full TRD bodykit fitted VERY soon (ahm....Mr GH ;)).

Do I need to treat the fresh paint differently to the existing paint on the car with regards to polishing and waxing?

(Hope that makes sense :blush:)

Does this stuff remove light scratches, small stonechips and light swirl marks too?

Is the general conclusion that this stuff is better then the meguirs 3-stage or about the same?

the All In One polish contains fillers, and can therefore improve the cosmetic appearance of light scratches and swirls.

to remedy these sort of problems you need some sort of agreesive / abrasive product.

Meguiars 3 stage is an excellent series of products too.

MY preference is for the Klasse All In One / Sealant Glaze combo.

If you have the 3 stage in the cupboard, don't throw it away.

If you need new detailing supplies, give these a thought - as you can see from this thread, people are getting superb results from them.

I should be having the full TRD bodykit fitted VERY soon (ahm....Mr GH ;)).

Do I need to treat the fresh paint differently to the existing paint on the car with regards to polishing and waxing?

(Hope that makes sense :blush:)

ask your painter is the best bet.

if the paint is properly cured, then you should be able to polish and wax it straight away.

I was advised to leave the new paint for around 10 - 12 weeks before doing anything other than washing it mate

Thanks Aido (hope you got my PM about the springs mate)

When I got my bonnet resprayed due to stone chips I was told that the paint is still slightly "soft" and will take a few months to fully harden. Just thought this might be different becasuse the car bonnet is metal and the TRD kit is obviously plastic.

I am annoyed that I've got more bloody stone chips when I examined the front of the car last week. :( Grrr!!

No rain in london yesterday!

I missed on the group buy - but bought kit from autopia anyway.

So yesterday -

1) washed with Sonus shampoo

2) sonus clay bay all over ("clay bar, clay BAR!")

3) Mequiars ScratchX over noticeable scratches and swirls.

4) Klasse AOI all over (I used damp applicator - wipe on/wipe off immediate)

5) layer of p21s wax all over (immediate wipe on/wipe off again - dry applicator)

Four hours later: the results? Simply incredible - no photos I'm afraid but you'll have to take my word for it: it's no longer black - it's more a silvery version of whatever is being reflected in it :D

I'm almost hoping it DOES rain now - want to see the beading effect :)

Anyway - I couldn't recommend the above more (haven't actually used the Meq 3 stage though so couldn't compare.)

I have the Klasse SG too but have heard that mulitple layers are required for best results and it requires around 12 hours curing between coats - I'm parked on a grubby london street so whenever I leave the car for 12 hours it's picked up so much dirt that it'd be back to stage one cleaning again forever :blink: )

excellent - sounds like you got some good results too.

minus points for no pics though - must try harder! :P

I have the Klasse SG too but have heard that mulitple layers are required for best results and it requires around 12 hours curing between coats - I'm parked on a grubby london street so whenever I leave the car for 12 hours it's picked up so much dirt that it'd be back to stage one cleaning again forever  :blink: )

one way around this is simply to apply a layer a week.

wash the car as normal - and apply a layer of SG.

next weekend when you wash the car - do another

etc.

you don't get the immediate effect, but you do you the depth of shine and protection that way ;)

one way around this is simply to apply a layer a week.

wash the car as normal - and apply a layer of SG.

next weekend when you wash the car - do another

etc.

Yup, good tip - my only concern would be that after 4 weeks out in the open and four washes - alot of the protection from the first coat would be gone etc.

you don't get the immediate effect...

Therein lies the real problem: I'm lazy and like instant gratification :lol: Also, from my little experience the KSG is a mo-fo to buff off - but the AOI and p21s goes on and comes off like butter.

(oh, and no pics till I replace my wheels :blush: )

Therein lies the real problem: I'm lazy and like instant gratification  :lol:  Also, from my little experience the KSG is a mo-fo to buff off - but the AOI and p21s goes on and comes off like butter.

(oh, and no pics till I replace my wheels  :blush: )

dont use so much SG.

literally dab the bottle in each corner and the middle of the pad.

you should barely be able to see it go on.

[

straight line rather than circles is best advice, no matter what products you use.

Cheers for that comment Mat, its so much quicker and easier doing it like that i save so much time :D i normally would wax in circular motion.

Made the most of the weather yesterday and washed the car, missed out on the Klasse group buy so had to use meguirs, didnt have enough time to do all three stages but done stage 1.

I bought some clay last summer, only used it once but didnt really appreciate it, yesterday after washing the car it had tar all up one side of the car and i was like oh :tsktsk:, it was actually really bad (like the car had a rash), took out the clay :ohmy::ohmy: it took a little while but it all came off :D :D

waiting for the bank holiday weekend to give it a proper inside & out, if its not raining that is :crybaby:

Couple of pics below, sorry about the quality, it was getting dark and i wasnt at home when i took them so used the phone :blush:

I've just given mine the once over, started at 09.00 and not long finished, washed and then clayed -

Clay

After the clay job, the car started to look in mint condition again -

Picc 1

Picc 2

I then gave the first of many coats of A.I.O. and then the S.G. -

Finished Picc

Finished Picc 2

Finished Picc 3

Will be giving her another coat of each tomorrow once the polish has had a chance to cure, the paint work is like a layer of glass B)

BR

Paul

Have given her another coat today - 3 so far, it's starting to really shine, and a deep shine as well, will be doing another coat tomorrow and Wednesday, hopefully this stuff will make life easier for removing overspray for when I redo the boot

It certainly is Matt, it's starting to get a darker deeper shine to it, even in the shade, it raining today, will see the affect on the paintwork on my way to Luton

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links