Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pop Ups

mudzs

run some spyware removal software, such as adaware or spybot, update to service pack 2, dont use microsoft internet explorer, use mozilla firefox and mozilla thunderbird email program instead of outlook

and you should be ok

run some spyware removal software, such as adaware or spybot, update to service pack 2, dont use microsoft internet explorer, use mozilla firefox and mozilla thunderbird email program instead of outlook

and you should be ok

I would agree .... this is exactly what I have done .... or I do !

FireFox ... is the best ! ... and defo get SP2 !!

totally agree use Firefox scrap IE.

In an ideal world yes scrap ie.

Sadly not practical as firefox doesn't integrate well in a 'windows world'.

Problems with sharepoint portals for starters... and permissions etc...

Oh and i notice it even formats some LOC stuff incorrectly.

In reality, you can use firefox most of the time...

but it's hassle at times and you still have to keep IE in reserve for some things.

I had a go with webroot spysweeper which seemed to do well clearing adware etc.

Agreed, Tony. Had Firefox for a week or two but so many sites were incorrectly formatted or plain failed that in the end I trashed it and went back to IE. Couldn't see the point!

I know it has its advocates, but features like tabbed browsing aren't that thrilling for me.

Ie with service pack 2 is much better than it was. and Firefox has had a few updates recently, it seems much more compatible these days :)

but it is annoying that Msn messenger insists on opening IE for email etc :(

i've only had one issue with firefox and that was that my hsbc business internet banking wasnt compatible. other than that i have no issues with it at all. using version 1 preview release at the mo.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links