Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dension MP3 Player

Just splashed out on one of these after reading Grangeys review. I am having a few problems with the software so if anyone out there knows of some decent software to rip to MP3 that would be appreciated. Gone for the 80gig drive in Charcoal and getting it fitted tonight!!!

:smug::bounce::smug:

I've been using the MusicMatch software that came with the device - works flawlessly for me (Win98SE).

I've been ripping at 320K - I reckon that disc is cheap and it's worth the extra space for the extra quality (I have an 80GB drive too). At 320K - it's impossible to tell between MP3 and CD.

Originally posted by simonskippy

Ah that may explain it!

Also the company that is installing it has strongly recommended that I upgrade the RCA wires as the ones hat are supplied are not of decent enough quality for the install. Have you guys had any problems?

I installed the unit myself, and bought some high quality RCA leads as you suggested.

Where have you both mounted the satelite head, I know Paul has his down in front of the Gear Shift, does this cause accesability problems?

Does it fit up in the lint tray?

I've got a GS300 which has a different layout - I've got the satellite in front of the ashtray (that's the only place I could find to put it)

You may also want to try my MP3 software @ http://www.poikosoft.com

It creates excellent quality MP3s using the L.A.M.E. MP3 encoder (the fastest & highest quality MP3 encoder available). It also gets track titles automatically from freedb and writes ID3 tag information to MP3 files it creates.

All comments about the program are welcome...

Where have you both mounted the satelite head, I know Paul has his down in front of the Gear Shift, does this cause accesability problems?

Does it fit up in the lint tray?

No problems at all. The display is easy to read, with large, bold lettering. Where it is keeps it out of the sun, most times, and you do get used to the controls so you don't need to look at it all the time.

It may have been better higher up, perhaps eye-level, but then you have to drill for the wires, and it would stick from the dash a bit too much. Another place I thought of was up near the rear view mirror..............

• 2 months later...

SuperChargedL

Thanks for the tip about Easy CD-DA Extractor. I used it to rip the 2nd half of my CD collection. It worked really well so I've registered my copy now.

The only thing I'd like to see that it doesn't do yet is the ability to set the format of the save directory/file names so that you don't have to enter them manually. (Like with Real One - "artist\album\track no - track name" etc.)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links