Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Advice Wanted Please- Lexus Is 200

corky

HI, WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON BUYING A LEXUS IS 200. MY FIRST PROBLEM IS THAT IM LOOKING AT BUYING ONE ON A X OR Y PLATE AND THEY ALL SEEM TO BE QUITE HIGH MILEAGE, IS THIS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM WITH RELIABILITY OR ARE LEXUS GOOD FOR IT. MOST SEEM TO HAVE AT LEAST 60,000 ON THE CLOCK. ALSO IM NOT SURE WHEATHER TO GO FOR THE SE VERSION OR THE SPORT. IS THERE MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS

Hi

As long as the car has a full service history then the mileage should not be a problem. However, I would get the car checked by an independent organisation like the AA (if they still do it). It the other elements that you need to bear in mind like the ball joints, steering and so on. If it got a FSH to it then all work carried out should be documented. (I keep all the receipts and work sheets for work done on my car.)

I went for the sports version. It has a few extras but as time goes on this may have changed compared to a X or Y plate car.

You should be able to pick up a sheet from one of the forums outlined the differences between the SE and the Sports.

The engines are rock solid and they are a great car with potential.

Watch out for the alloys!!!

Good luck in finding the right car.

Japanese engineering = Reliability and fantastic build quility.

Full service history is pretty important, other than that, high miles is no worry.

Kaz :lol:

Hi i got my IS and it had 75,000 on it, now it has 103,000 :winky: and still as good as the day i got it

Get a  mechanic to do the job for you as Lexus prices are stupid.

like scorpion says,dont go to lexus i think they wantted 300+ just to do the Belt :sick: so i went to a place by me, cost me £150 to get timeing belt done, and i did the service :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links