Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Dressing

tonb

I (like most of my fellow Lexees) like to dress the tyres after having cleaned the alloys - just to finish the job!

But I am finding that once I have dressed them (using Autoglym) the front alloys seem to hold brake dust even more than usual, and within a couple of days are pretty filthy again - they get filthier a lot quicker this way than without tyre dressing.

Anybody any ideas on how to combat this, or other tyre dressing products to use? It looks so good having the spotless alloys and nice shiny black boots - but it's hard work!!! :?::?::?:

I tend to find wirh spray on dressings that you get a film on the alloy that the brake dust sticks to

I prefer to use "Turtle Wax Professional Tyre Gel" which I can put on with a cloth or brush so there is nothing on the alloy

Originally posted by tonb

I (like most of my fellow Lexees) like to dress the tyres after having cleaned the alloys - just to finish the job!

But I am finding that once I have dressed them (using Autoglym) the front alloys seem to hold brake dust even more than usual, and within a couple of days are pretty filthy again - they get filthier a lot quicker this way than without tyre dressing.

Anybody any ideas on how to combat this, or other tyre dressing products to use? It looks so good having the spotless alloys and nice shiny black boots - but it's hard work!!! :?::?::?:

Change your pads to Greenstuff pads if you want to get rid of dust. I had mine done and get very little dust now, hardly any. I also use Carplan Tyre Slik for tyre dressing, its very good and lasts ages.:bounce:

• 4 weeks later...

I found the same problem with the Auto Glym spary tyre dressing, I still use iut, however have changed the way I finish the cleaning process, after washing the car when cleaning the wheels and tyres I wash off the brake dust, then dress the tyres before wax finishing the alloys, I find that the wax on the alloys which I apply with a cloth (standard car wax) adds a protective coating which means that most of the brake dust comes off straight away and leaves the wheels looking great. I may stiull move the the green stuff pads and disks however after the suggestions earlier

:bounce::smilegrin::bounce:

Having come to be somewhat of an anorak in this field after spending too many years in the USA I now apply the spray with a cloth (i.e. spray the cloth, wipe on the wheels), that way you avoid getting it on the alloy. I also use an alloy wheel protector (Halfords own), which works great with brake dust as you can usually just wipe the wheels down. I find that too fiddly these days, however I'm sure i'll go back to it for the first year of having my shiny new IS200 (Next Friday is the delivery date).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links