Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all.

My mate just got his first Lexus. A 2002 LS430, if you please.

His Sat Nav DVD comes up on the screen as a 2002 disc (surprise, surprise)

My enquiry is; is there a more up to date one available yet, if so, how much; is it Lexus supply only, if so, what is the part number (if any). Basically, how and where would we find a compatable, most up to date, bees knees, dogs gonads, all the bells and whistles DVD for the afore mentioned vehicle.

Thanks.

Phil.

Yes there is a newer version. It costs around £350 and is only available from Lexus dealers.

As for the part number it is best to order it by the vehicle chassis number as there are different versions of the DVD Sat Nav unit which use different discs.

Yes there is a newer version. It costs around £350 and is only available from Lexus dealers.

As for the part number it is best to order it by the vehicle chassis number as there are different versions of the DVD Sat Nav unit which use different discs.

Well, I checked up on that.

I went to my Service Agents at Lexus just outside of Dublin, and after checking the chassis numbers, they informed me that the car was not on the Irish database. If they had asked, I could have told them that it had been imported to Dublin from Belfast.

Anyhow, they then had to cross-reference with the original DVD number.

As it turned out, they had a newer version DVD that had been ordered by another customer, and they tried that.

It worked. Price €432.

Undeterred, I phoned Lexus in Belfast. They also wanted the chassis and old DVD numbers.

They also have a DVD that will do. New 2004/2005 version. Price £305.

If you know your exchange rates, there is little or no difference in the prices. And it was the same DVD disc.

If anyone is interested, the newer disc number is 08927-50871

When my mate comes back off of his holiday, I hope he hasn't spent all his cash. 'Cos he will have to dig deep to update his system.

Phil.

Yes, I know it's ridiculous, my dealer asked over £300+VAT! for a 50 pence DVD disk.

These days one can buy a complete SAT DAV palm computer including the software for that money! Not just an upgrade disk! :tsktsk:

Good thing roads in the South East very rarely improve (!) I'm been using my Dec 2000 car's disk for a few months, and didn't find a single thing that has been changed!

Yes, I know it's ridiculous, my dealer asked over £300+VAT! for a 50 pence DVD disk.

These days one can buy a complete SAT DAV palm computer including the software for that money! Not just an upgrade disk!  :tsktsk:

Good thing roads in the South East very rarely improve (!)  I'm been using my Dec 2000 car's disk for a few months, and didn't find a single thing that has been changed!

Unfortunately Ireland appears to be last on the mapping list. The greater Dublin area is fairly well covered. I can navigate to my street OK, but not to my house. When I enter my father's address in Romsey, it asks for the house number as well. My mate lives in Bray, about 10 miles outside Dublin, and the nearest he can navigate to is the 'motorway'/bypass outside of Bray. That's about 2 miles from his house. The town isn't even mentioned. The new disc is supposed to now cover at least 95% of Ireland in detail, instead of about 50%, which is all the old disc seems to cover. Even some of the 'new' roads that have been opened for the past 3-4 years are not listed. It's a pity that they can't be downloaded from the 'net, but then how will Lexus make extra shillings?

Phil.

These days one can buy a complete SAT DAV palm computer including the software for that money! Not just an upgrade disk!  :tsktsk:

Good thing roads in the South East very rarely improve (!)  I'm been using my Dec 2000 car's disk for a few months, and didn't find a single thing that has been changed!

Unfortunately Ireland appears to be last on the mapping list. The greater Dublin area is fairly well covered. I can navigate to my street OK, but not to my house. When I enter my father's address in Romsey, it asks for the house number as well. My mate lives in Bray, about 10 miles outside Dublin, and the nearest he can navigate to is the 'motorway'/bypass outside of Bray. That's about 2 miles from his house. The town isn't even mentioned. The new disc is supposed to now cover at least 95% of Ireland in detail, instead of about 50%, which is all the old disc seems to cover. Even some of the 'new' roads that have been opened for the past 3-4 years are not listed. It's a pity that they can't be downloaded from the 'net, but then how will Lexus make extra shillings?

Phil.

Thats becoz streets used to be blown away on a daily basis,sat nav couldn't keep up. :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links