Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment- Recomedations Please..

kam05

Hi all,

I've owned a Lexus IS200SE (on an X plate) for a year now and I would be grateful if any of you guys could recommend a good wheel refurbishment place in Bradford, W Yorks or surrounding areas?

I have spoken to a couple of guys, eg: Chips Away, they are able to sort out the corrosion and pitting no problem, but they can't put the polished finished around the edge of the alloys.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help guys!

I bought my IS200 from The Car Megastore on Penistone Road in Sheffield. When i first looked at the car the alloys were in a real bad state, possibly the worst I had seen.

As part of the deal I got them to refurb all the alloys before I collected it a week later. The salesman said that they knew a real good place "behind Hillsborough" and that they would arrange to get them done there.

Couldnt believe the transformation when I picked it up. As good as new I would say.

Sorry i dont know the name of the place, but if you give the garage a ring im sure they will put you in touch. From what the salesman said to me, they use that place all the time. Expect to pay about £50 each wheel i think.

Pete(Scorpion) is that where u got your orignal IS200 wheels done? Im need to get mine refurbished soon & the nearest one in Essex is Rochford tyres that does it but they say cant loan me any wheels due to the fitment/callipers design on the IS200!

You mean These ,....yes !!!

If you need a set to run round on for a couple of days you can borrow them if you want......just give us a shout. :winky:

Pete(Scorpion) is that where u got your orignal IS200 wheels done? Im need to get mine refurbished soon & the nearest one in Essex is Rochford tyres that does it but they say cant loan me any wheels due to the fitment/callipers design on the IS200!

so i take that Lepsons can replicate the factory finish on the IS200 wheels?

so i take that Lepsons can replicate the factory finish on the IS200 wheels?

No they cant...

....they do it better than factory finish. :)

• 10 years later...

Please may I ask for some advice as I have no experience in this area

I would like to refurbish my standard Lexus alloys by bringing them back to as near orginal look as possible. I was considering getting a quote from Lepsons.

1) What do I need to ask for? e.g. paint / diamond cut?

2) Will I need to source a set of spare wheels while mine are being done? Are there other options - e.g. two at a time?

3) I would be prepared to leave the car with them? Is that a good idea?

Many thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links