Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Las Vegas... What's Essential To Do There?

aido

OK folks I'm just preparing a list of stuff I need to get the boys to do when we go to Vegas this year, it'll be my 4th time there so I've done most of the stuff over there, but just wondering what you lot recommend as essential that can be added to the list.....

Going to have to show them round all the hotels of course....

So I reckon for other stuff...

1) See the Bellagio fountains in action

2) Go see a boxing match if there's on one...

3) Go shooting

4) Get the helicopter over the Grand Canyon

5) Gentleman's Clubs ;)

6) Gamble, Gamble, Gamble!

7) Do the Stratosphere

8) Do the New York, New York rollercoaster

9) Fremont Street Experience

10) Go to the cowboy shop down near the Hilton and get a Cowboy Hat made!

For nights out, I've got the obvious places like Rum Jungle, Ra, and then the essential places like Voodoo Lounge, and Monday night I've got planned already for Godspeed at Foundation Room (top of Mandalay Bay) and of course the 'entertainment' afterwards...

Haven't been for a year, so what's essential out there now in your eyes, want to try something different now, what do you lot recommend?

Me and a mate went to Vegas a few years ago on the way to a town called Rachel in Nevada. It's only about an hour away if u hire a car but it's on the Extra-terrestrial highway (375) in the middle of deliverance country and it borders Area 51. Theres a little bar there called the A"le"inn. You might get ar :tsktsk: e raped :sick: and thrown down a mine-shaft though, so it's your call.

Hey guys, anyone is more than welcome :)

22 - 29 May

Staying in the Excalibur

We're flying from Manchester

I'm gonna get wasted - didn't want to come back last time then they cancelled my flight - dreams do come true in Vegas - got 4 extra days :)

Last time we were there I averaged one hour sleep a day, drunk 4 bottle's of Mountain Dew all week (everything else was alcoholic) and got up to all sorts of mischief.

I was that tired on the last day I fell asleep in Olympic Garden mid dance!!!!!

Me and a mate went to Vegas a few years ago on the way to a town called Rachel in Nevada. It's only about an hour away if u hire a car but it's on the Extra-terrestrial highway  (375) in the middle of deliverance country and it borders Area 51. Theres a little bar there called the A"le"inn. You might get ar :tsktsk: e raped  :sick: and thrown down a mine-shaft though, so it's your call.

Funny you should say that mate, I got the flier for this last time I went and wanted to do it this time but the bus takes ages and I'll be too drunk to drive anywhere!! I want to go to that pub, it was in the X-Files years ago!

I want to go and see that post box on the end of Area 51 too - I was actually going to apply for a job transfer over that way but was scared by the entry conditions!!!

I want to go and see that post box on the end of Area 51 too

If u do make it there, theres an "expert" who claims to know everything about what goes on in area 51 and says he used to be "involved", he was a perfect example of why brothers and sisters shouldn't marry and have children. :blink:

Have fun mate, Vegas is mad.

I want to go and see that post box on the end of Area 51 too

If u do make it there, theres an "expert" who claims to know everything about what goes on in area 51 and says he used to be "involved", he was a perfect example of why brothers and sisters shouldn't marry and have children. :blink:

Have fun mate, Vegas is mad.

:lol:

There are loads over there, first night I got there last time I was sat having a serious conversation with a Texan about mad cow disease, I couldn't barely stand up but managed to tell him all about how my farming family had coped with it. He was bricking it that it would affect his livelihood, felt really sorry for him when he was telling me how many cattle he was going to lose!

As for Vegas being mad, you haven't met me yet pal :P

We go well together ;)

you not going to get

drunk then mate thoght that would be No1

Depends if I'm still on the tablets mate, if so not supposed to drink beer but I'll just put them to one side for a week :whistling:

Knowing the relationship me and Vegas have though I'll start drinking at 6am at Manchester the day we fly and finish drinking when I get home and go to bed a week later :)

I wouldn't do it mate as I'd have wasted my beer!!!

The lads did it but it made me feel sick just watching!

They've got a new one coming soon pal, it's even worse, let me find the video for you....

Just thought of another one - the Star Trek exhibition, that is fantastic, have a pic of me in the Captain's Chair!!!

Plus there's Quark's bar - they even do Newcastle Green Ale - that place is ace :)

Just thinking, there's the microbrewery in the back of the Monte Carlo which is good too, then the Planet hollywood is always good for happy hour (12pm - 6pm I think - spent some time in there over the years!)

I know, noway am I going near that thing, it amazes me how it's strong enough to even hold all that crap up there - you can feel it shaking when the rollercoaster is shooting round, it's just wrong!!!

Been there 3 times for business conventions...

I did the Big shot twice in one day... everyone said i was mad lol

Luckily one of my suppliers is based there just at the end of sunset blvd!

Ultimate for me was going out in the desert shooting the tops of beer bottles :D

Olympic Garden is a must too... honeys there a Fffffiiiiine :winky:

Las Vegas isn't complete without hiring out a pimp car....

I'll be going again in Janurary '06 didn't make it to this years convention

Nice, what convention is it?

We left I think on the 7th January last time and it was just as the Adult Expo was coming into town (we had a great last night chatting to the actresses, I met Sydney Steele and used the line - "So, have you ever had a hard day at work?" - went straight over her head :lol:)

You didn't go for that did you ;)

Olympic Garden is good, got to admit the women are fitter in Crazy Horse Too but I found they were dirtier in OG :lol:

Did loads last time we were there, me and a mate went to 6 or 7 different one's on the trot, tried that massive one, Sapphire or Cheetah's, can't remember the exact name but it's supposed to be the biggest one in the world and it was *******! Loads of birds, anything to take your fancy really, but it was too busy. Best to go Sunday afternoon when it's quiet ;)

There was one place on Fremont St called Glitter Gulch or something like that, it was a right laugh in there, I nearly got kicked out for getting the women drunk, I was having drinking competitions with the dancers and let's just say I won!

It snowed too that night, first time in 15 years, it was hilarious, all these people were running outside to see the snow!! Got some pretty bizarre pics of a blizzard on the strip!

Have you tried getting laid Aido??  :D

Did more than try the first night I ever spent there, not bad at all mate :)

Have to admit we thought we'd pulled the first two birds we were chatting to but they turned out to be hookers (we didn't find this out for 3 hours!!!)

It was a tough decision but we bailed!!!

I even managed to get a birds phone number and email on the last internal flight we did over there, *** knows how cos I'm an ugly £*%@ but I must have fit right in over there :lol: She was well fit too, did right well :)

All you have to do is open your mouth and they like the accents, and seeing as how I love the American accents I just end up talking crap for ages and they love it... They always think you're Australian first though :o

Have you tried getting laid Aido??  :D

Did more than try the first night I ever spent there, not bad at all mate :)

Have to admit we thought we'd pulled the first two birds we were chatting to but they turned out to be hookers (we didn't find this out for 3 hours!!!)

It was a tough decision but we bailed!!!

I even managed to get a birds phone number and email on the last internal flight we did over there, *** knows how cos I'm an ugly £*%@ but I must have fit right in over there :lol: She was well fit too, did right well :)

All you have to do is open your mouth and they like the accents, and seeing as how I love the American accents I just end up talking crap for ages and they love it... They always think you're Australian first though :o

:D :D :D

Most birds are like hookers, by the time i've fueled them with plenty of drinks!!

Bet you felt like a right t :tsktsk: t though, 3 hours with hookers!! I wouldent have bailed though!! I'd have convinced myself by the end of the night that despite the fact they were hookers - they wanted a piece of the KAzMeister!!

:D

I wanted to nob mine, she looked just like Christina Aguilera and looked like pure filth!

To be honest mate the way some of the local girls where I am drink it would be cheaper to get a hooker for the night :o

I've been shamed many a time and I'm not that bad at holding my ale :sick:

Cheers pal, I'll make a note of that - to be honest the only steak place I've been to in Vegas was Tony Roma's place in the Stardust - I usually go to Subway for my special hangover cure, the footlong honey mustard ham with the hot sauce and then as many jalapeno's, chillis, and peppers as they can fit in - wash that down with a big Mountain Dew and you'll be sober in no time!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links