Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anything To Watch Out For ?

Hi,

I'm looking to get a RX300SE in the coming weeks, looking at selling my BMW 330Ci and need something bigger with 4 doors with having a 1 year old. Not interested in the BMW options X3/X5 as toooooo expensive and fed up paying for options that you never get anything back on come trade in... So thought I'd try a Lexus afterall VERY happy with previous MR2 roadster.

Anyway, test drove a RX300SE yesterday and I think it ticks all the boxes, 24 hour test drive on friday to confirm that it is correct. Only concern is that it might not be quick enough and I can't stretch to the hybrid model.

Just wondering what if anything i should watch out for when buying, it will be a new modle and am planning on the following;

- SE spec.

- Parking sensors.

- No satnav....dont go far enough ofetn enough to justify £2k+

- Metalic light blue..."slate" something I think...

- Black Leather.

Anything else I should be looking at ??

cheers,

Fergus.

Hi,

I'm looking to get a RX300SE in the coming weeks, looking at selling my BMW 330Ci and need something bigger with 4 doors with having a 1 year old. Not interested in the BMW options X3/X5 as toooooo expensive and fed up paying for options that you never get anything back on come trade in... So thought I'd try a Lexus afterall VERY happy with previous MR2 roadster.

Anyway, test drove a RX300SE yesterday and I think it ticks all the boxes, 24 hour test drive on friday to confirm that it is correct.  Only concern is that it might not be quick enough and I can't stretch to the hybrid model.

Just wondering what if anything i should watch out for when buying, it will be a new modle and am planning on the following;

- SE spec.

- Parking sensors.

- Black Leather.

cheers,

Fergus.

Hi Fergus,

IMHO you certainly won't regret going with the Lexus.

You might want to consider the boot liner, especially if you've got young kids, muddy pram wheels and bikes do not make for a clean boot :D

Regards

Hi,

Anyway, test drove a RX300SE yesterday and I think it ticks all the boxes, 24 hour test drive on friday to confirm that it is correct.  Only concern is that it might not be quick enough and I can't stretch to the hybrid model.

- SE spec.

- Parking sensors.

- Black Leather.

cheers,

Fergus.

Hi Fergus,

IMHO you certainly won't regret going with the Lexus.

You might want to consider the boot liner, especially if you've got young kids, muddy pram wheels and bikes do not make for a clean boot :D

Regards

cheers... I'll add that to the list...

Welcome to the club :D I would suggest that you test an RX with Sat-Nav, cause it comes with the rear view camera. Once you have this (and gotten used to it) you will find reversing a joy. The safety and convenience is great, but the real joy is on the faces of the drivers behind when you reverse and can place your car in just the right place first time. :D :D :D

Welcome to the club :D  I would suggest that you test an RX with Sat-Nav, cause it comes with the rear view camera. Once you have this (and gotten used to it) you will find reversing a joy. The safety and convenience is great, but the real joy is on the faces of the drivers behind when you reverse and can place your car in just the right place first time. :D  :D  :D

I agree that the SAT NAV is a must have if you can afford the extra 2K. The camera is superb for parking, you also get a great POI guide which includes all telephone numbers / addresses. I do not do any long travels, but occasionally I go out of London from fresh air and I find it particularly useful in locating car parks and pubs.

One other thing you should consider if you have a 1 year old is the bumper protector which will save you scratching your bumber when loading the pram :D It costs under 100 GBP.

I'm test driving one with SATNAV for the day on Friday... just not sure I can afford (or justify) the extra £2k... if no SATNAV then I will be adding parking sensors (£500)....mmm.. have to look at my pennies.

To be honest I also do about 8k miles a year and it is once a year that I'd use SATNAV.... and my wife has a company car (& petrol) so if we go any trips use hers as petrol is "free".... so if STANAV was needed anywhere it would be in hers.

I'll look into boot liner and bumper guard...dealer has a bit to go in trade in terms so maybe he can add these in to make it look more attractive ? Found that I can get £2.2k off through online places (and that is for UK supplied cars)...so what I though was a good deal is about £1.5k out now.

Fergus.

:whistling:

Hi,

- SE spec.

- Parking sensors.

- Black Leather.

cheers,

Fergus.

:whistling: hi, these cars don't feel quick or even brisk, they are more of dare I say; a cruiser. Very refined though.

Not quick in general terms but certainly brisk enough in 4*4 terms. Would definitely recommend Sat Nav - you only need to get lost once to appreciate it. As for the boot liner, the dealer should just throw one in as part of the deal.

just think I got spoiled in my BMW 330Ci.... on the inital test drive it felt fine... just have to check I wont get bored with it as I'll be having to keep it a while. Just used to a diet of fast cars for years now so...

Just got a bonus at work..almost tehe £2k I need for SATNAV :D Just have to convince the financial controller (wife) that it is worth it..... ooo and talk dealer into a much better swap price than he's offering so far. Getting the feeling I'll have to sell mine privately first then get the RX...

Fergy, have a longgggggg test drive for say a day before commitment of your funds. I too have and still have V8's and there is NOOOO comparison for Power. This car is aimed (IMHO) at middle aged well heeled, not realy a performance tool. Smoothness is "LEXUS" than coupled with reliability is there game. Best regards J

So..had car for RX300SE with SATNAV for a 24 hour test drive....and have done a deal and get one next weekend !

Went for SE spec in Brechin Slate with black leather...and no SATNAV (could not justify the cost for the amount of time I'd use it) but have added parking sensors and also a boot liner. Parking camera lovelly but just tooo much of a difference.

RX300 is lovelly, smooth and has loads of space for the spog and all the gear that we transport around with him. I would have liked a thicker rim on the steering wheel but sure I'll get used to it quickly.

It is going to be a long week till I get it.... :D

So how many / few MPG everyone get ? I got about 19 but then again not hanging around and car had 80 miles on it when I got it.

Fergus.

:) Hi fergus, good you had your looooong drive, I too bought in jan, the SE model with tow-bar and boot liner + rubber bumper guard. I am getting 23MPG and covered 900Miles so far. I hope to get a bit more when it's run in. Had a bit of a problem with the car when I first got it ( see paint imperfections) but now all is sorted I am begining to love this car :hehe:

Hope you enjoy it. Best regards J

They had buy chance got exactly the colour / options that I wanted in last Thursday...so had a quick check of the paint after reading your post about paint problems... (I did a dig a read quite a few months worth of posts to get an idea of issues).... it is something I will check very closely before the handover.

Also planning to polish it soon as it is the best way to find any such imperfections, just have to work out what polish will be best... and set aside a whole heap of time to do it, slightly more metal to plish than on my 3 series :(

Fergus.

They had buy chance got exactly the colour / options that I wanted in last Thursday...so had a quick check of the paint after reading your post about paint problems... (I did a dig a read quite a few months worth of posts to get an idea of issues).... it is something I will check very closely before the handover.

Also planning to polish it soon as it is the best way to find any such imperfections, just have to work out what polish will be best... and set aside a whole heap of time to do it, slightly more metal to plish than on my 3 series :(

Fergus.

B) "Bosons showroom shine" is very good and you can apply whilst wet!

I'm test driving one with SATNAV for the day on Friday... just not sure I can afford (or justify) the extra £2k... if no SATNAV then I will be adding parking sensors (£500)....mmm.. have to look at my pennies.

To be honest I also do about 8k miles a year and it is once a year that I'd use SATNAV.... and my wife has a company car (& petrol) so if we go any trips use hers as petrol is "free".... so if STANAV was needed anywhere it would be in hers.

I'll look into boot liner and bumper guard...dealer has a bit to go in trade in terms so maybe he can add these in to make it look more attractive ? Found that I can get £2.2k off through online places (and that is for UK supplied cars)...so what I though was a good deal is about £1.5k out now.

Fergus.

The Sat Nav is wonderful and the camera an excellent edition, but don't shell out £500 for PDC. The most you should pay for an "X Vision" kit fitted is £250. But will you need one if you have the camera?

I did not go for SATNAV option... just tooo expensive, but did get PDC. Cant see the "bum" of the car so needed something and after trying a car with both fitted actually found I prefer the PDC. With the camera I was not watching anything else around me...

So now £2k less of a swap price...

Only frustrating thing is waiting on the loan money winging it's way from my Cahoot account to my bank account... "transferred" the money on Saturday night but still not in...amazing in this modern age money can still take days to transfer electronically.

Only frustrating thing is waiting on the loan money winging it's way from my Cahoot account to my bank account... "transferred" the money on Saturday night but still not in...amazing in this modern age money can still take days to transfer electronically.

Thats how the Banks made £20 Million last year! :angry::angry::angry:

Thats how the Banks made £20 Million last year! :angry::angry::angry:

So.. transferred money on Saturday...and now it is Tuesday and still no ££'s. Very frustrating as hard to work out exact time to get car if I can't tell when the £ will arrive !.

I do notice that they've scheduled the first payment for 21st so quick enough at getting their money back !

hi fergy...congrats on your purchase...a couple of things

1) Cahoot...similar experience here - allow 4 clear working days - Friday transfer to Thursday payment

2) Boot Liner...a must if you have a dog or kids small enough to need a pram or pushchair everywhere you go. Notice you are in Glasgow - are you using Lexus in Glasgow for this purchase ? Depending on who you are dealing with there, you might find they'll chuck in the boot liner as a 'freebie' if you mention it :D

ENJOY ! :driving:

hi fergy...congrats on your purchase...a couple of things

1) Cahoot...similar experience here - allow 4 clear working days - Friday transfer to Thursday payment

2) Boot Liner...a must if you have a dog or kids small enough to need a pram or pushchair everywhere you go. Notice you are in Glasgow - are you using Lexus in Glasgow for this purchase ? Depending on who you are dealing with there, you might find they'll chuck in the boot liner as a 'freebie' if you mention it  :D

ENJOY !  :driving:

Yip using Lexus Glasgow... seem very good so far !

They have ordered the boot liner, but having to pay (I think)...pushed a bit far on deal so he said point blank that he could not throw in the liner when negotiating....but have yet to pay for it so see if it is in the car when I get it and if they remind me to pay for it then :D

Cahoot...money still not there...very annoying. If 4 days then probably Thursday before I'll see the money ! Still aiming to collect friday so still ok.

They have ordered the boot liner, but having to pay (I think)...pushed a bit far on deal so he said point blank that he could not throw in the liner when negotiating....but have yet to pay for it so see if it is in the car when I get it and if they remind me to pay for it then :D

Lexus Glasgow are very fair in my experience - if they gave you a really good deal, I suppose you can't argue if they make you pay for the liner. Don't forget to remind them :whistling:

Did you have the parking sensors fitted by Lexus prior to delivery or did they send it out somewhere for you ? I have the SE-L satnav with rear camera but the wife wants front parking sensors too (never happy that woman :winky: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links