Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just completed a run from Devizes to Southampton (60 miles)and got 31mpg travelling at the speed allowed by the traffic. Well chuffed as when car was new (2000 miles ago) best was 21mpg :lol::lol:

I used to travel to Newbury from Manchester in my LS400 every week. I used my wifes W reg. Mitsubishi Carisma and the difference was £5

and a sore back!

Just completed a run from Devizes to Southampton (60 miles)and got 31mpg travelling at the speed allowed by the traffic. Well chuffed as when car was new (2000 miles ago) best was 21mpg :lol:  :lol:

What is the deal with all the people that look at these cars and think we are totally mad or have more money than sense. They really aren't that costly to run. My wife covers about 20 odd thousand miles a year and averages between 27 - 28 MPG in our 2000 LS400.

I'm becomming a total bore about this car but it is, quite simply, the best car for high milage drivers there is.

Just completed a run from Devizes to Southampton (60 miles)and got 31mpg travelling at the speed allowed by the traffic. Well chuffed as when car was new (2000 miles ago) best was 21mpg :lol:  :lol:

:D great news, my RX300SE has covered 900miles and is only giving 23MPG. best regards J

I am getting better mpg in the LS than I was in the RX. But we must agree that we DO NOT buy these exotic and wonderful transportation devices to get the cheapest motoring.We love the Lexus experience and are prepared to pay the price.(but we also fully understand value for money) :) :driving:

I usually get 19.8 or something on my LS430, very dissapointing!

The average is supposed to be 23.5

Doing the same routes, on my BMW I got 3 mpg ABOVE the average, while on the Lexus I got 3 below it's stated average. And I do drive economically.

I usually get 19.8 or something on my LS430, very dissapointing!

The average is supposed to be 23.5

Doing the same routes, on my BMW I got 3 mpg ABOVE the average, while on the Lexus I got 3 below it's stated average. And I do drive economically.

hi mike, what year is yours?, does it have the new 6 speed box?. B)

hi mike, what year is yours?, does it have the new 6 speed box?.  B)

No, I'm afraid it's the 5 speed one. The 6 speed one is supposed to be upto a whole 1mpg better! :)

Is that all!, I am interested in these cars but economy is by the looks of things poor. My other V8's all gave around 23/26 average ( porsche 928 GTS- S8 audi) :question:

Just completed 3000 miles and the average fuel consumtion from day 1 is 22.4 mpg. I have a six speed box and have started enjoying the power so consumption is not the best it could be. But ,boy am I having fun :D :D :D

Just completed 3000 miles and the average fuel consumtion from day 1 is 22.4 mpg. I have a six speed box and have started enjoying the power so consumption is not the best it could be. But ,boy am I having fun :D  :D  :D

:D nice to see you enjoying yourself

Just completed 3000 miles and the average fuel consumtion from day 1 is 22.4 mpg. I have a six speed box and have started enjoying the power so consumption is not the best it could be. But ,boy am I having fun :D  :D  :D

Hi DHS, How is the fuel consumtion now?, I have just completed a test drive in the (03plate 430) and it gave 25.6MPG, I hope to get the 6 speed model like yours if it returns that MPG, what's your view? :)

According to the tank average computer I am getting 25-26 mpg on mixed motoring. This is regular now so I am pleased. Did a trial on the M3 by reseting the tank average and fixing the cruise at 70 mph and got 31 mpg (about 20 miles only). Am driving to Spain in June so will get a good long distance cruise test then (best I got in the RX last year was 24mpg at 80 mph so looking for an improvement) :D

According to the tank average computer I am getting 25-26 mpg on mixed motoring. This is regular now so I am pleased. Did a trial on the M3 by reseting the tank average and fixing the cruise at 70 mph and got 31 mpg (about 20 miles only). Am driving to Spain in June so will get a good long distance cruise test then (best I got in the RX last year was 24mpg at 80 mph so looking for an improvement) :D

Sounds good to me. My RX SE is some what of a disapointment now averaging 21MPG overall, took it back and had it chexked, all seems ok they say!

I hope to PX it later this year for the LS430, best regards J.

LJ,

You will love the LS, it is the ultimate motoring folly. Too big, too powerfull, too expensive and :-

Luxurious, fast, quiet, comfortable, all round bloody delicious :winky: :winky: :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

Did Kent to Cumbria on Sunday and back on Tuesday.

310 miles each way, very fast run (used the M6 toll - WHAT an improvement) 5h20m up with an hours stop, 5h10m back with 30 mins stop (means an ave of about 72mph :oops: ), got an average of 26mpg overall.

I think thats brilliant for an engine thats done 150000 miles!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have had my LS400 ( 2000) for just over a week and am enjoying it. I was a bit worried about my mpg so did a test over a few days i went to Heathrow from Bristol 4 times in 3 days , the readings gave me 29.3 mpg. That is more than i was getting with my 2.8 7 series. Speeds at around 70 - 80.

One thing i did notice. if you are doing a mpg test. Switch off the AC.

How do i put a pic of my car on here?.

Just wanted to show off my number plate, V 400 LEX :ohmy:

• 4 weeks later...

Do I have a new record??, Southampton to Croydon @ 32.2 mpg in my 98 ls400, that includes about 30 mins of city driving.

Average motoray speed = between 70 - 80 mph

On average I get about 26-27mpg, mixture of urban + motorway driving.

The only real problem I get is that whenever i arrive at my destination, I don't want to get out of the car!!!, too damn comfotable!

Do I have a new record??, Southampton to Croydon @ 32.2 mpg in my 98 ls400, that includes about 30 mins of city driving.

Average motoray speed = between 70 - 80 mph

On average I get about 26-27mpg, mixture of urban + motorway driving.

The only real problem I get is that whenever i arrive at my destination, I don't want to get out of the car!!!, too damn comfotable!

:D Thats great mileage, that's what I get from my new GS300SE (650miles) when It's run in should do better :lol:

I've just passed the 10,000 miles mark on my LS since I got it (34K now on clock) and I now average about 25-28 mpg on a long motorway journey. Short journeys and urban about 18.

LS400 Newbie reporting in...just completed London to Great Yarmouth run of 138 miles, only used 20 litres of fuel (tank top up at both ends of trip), works out to 31mpg. No Aircon, cruise control set to 60 mph. LS400 S1 with 145k miles.

Run back was at 80mph with aircon on and it has used a fair bit more on the gauge, no figures because I was most interested in the higher figure.

It sure was fun experimenting! :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links