Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have A Pioneer Carrozzeria System

jasear

with a gps core using, satellite cruising system, tv/fm tuner, cd changer e.t.c. However I have no idea of how they are all connected. And because its japanese system i cant get hold of the wiring diagram either.

Does anyone have any experience in fitting sat nav systems? This system came off an existing car and i bought it off eBay so i assume it had all the conversions done. Its just a matter of connecting it up correctly.

If you know how to connect sat nav's then any help and information will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe you could post up some pics of all the parts you have?

you should have at least 2 units

the headunit with everything built in inc screen and the GPS Receiver.

maybe more parts if its older or more complicated.

with a gps core using, satellite cruising system, tv/fm tuner, cd changer e.t.c. However I have no idea of how they are all connected. And because its japanese system i cant get hold of the wiring diagram either.

Does anyone have any experience in fitting sat nav systems? This system came off an existing car and i bought it off ebay so i assume it had all the conversions done. Its just a matter of connecting it up correctly.

If you know how to connect sat nav's then any help and information will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry but the GPS stuff won't work, i too get lots of calls from dealers about import systems they have. The CD player and radio will work, but sat nav/gps wont.

Your better of selling back on eBay... and hope you get something back!!!!

Actually guys I think I should let you know I assumed it was a jap sat nav system. The reason being that when i did a search on google for carrozzeria it brought up a lot of japanese web sites! Plus i assumed carrozzeria was japanese brand.

Looking at all of the units now I have noticed that none of the gps units or tv fm tuners have anything on it written in japanese. The only thing that does have some stuff written in japanese on it is the lcd screen which seems to be seperate from the whole unit.

When the stuff was sold to me, it wasnt sold as a japanese sat nav system. I guess I just made a silly assumption!

Anyway now back to the stuff itself here is a complete break down of what I have:

1- 2 [1 of them is spare] x Carrozzeria Pioneer Satellite Cruising System AVIC G2 [Display processor unit]

2- 2 [1 of them is spare] x Carrozzeria Pioneer Satellite Cruising System AVIC G2 [GPS reciever]

3- 2 [1 perhaps spare] x Carrozzeria Pioneer Satellite Cruising System AVIC - 1 antenna.

4- 2 [1 perhaps spare] x Carrozzeria Pioneer TV/FM/AM tuner GEX-T90.

5- 1 x carrozzeria Pioneer CD player + 6 disc cd changer CDX M40.

6- 1 x Panasonic LCD TR-7LC1.

7- Remote control

8- Panasonic diversity unit.

9- 2 x tv antenna's.

10- All the wiring.

Thats it! Phew!

Im not that bothered about getting the Sat nav working although it would be great if I can get that working. However Id be happy by atleast being able to get the tv stuff connected and working plus the cd changer connected properly and working.

Here are some pictures:

f7_1_b.JPG

a0_1_b.JPG

Lastly, I dont want to spend a fortune on fitting the stuff. Most of the wiring is already connected. I cannot see it taking too long to fit the whole system.

Any help will be appreciated.

The carrozzeria name is a japan only brand of pioneer....... not sold out of Japan normally.

"Pioneer Corporation

Pioneer Corporation is a world leader in digital entertainment products, based in Tokyo, Japan. The company was founded in 1938 in Tokyo as a radio and speaker repair shop. Today, Pioneer is recognized as a leader in technology advancements in the consumer electronics industry.

Pioneer is respected for its role in such innovations as interactive cable TV, the Laser Disc player, developing the first Compact Disc player for the car and the first detachable face car stereo, DVD and DVD recording, plasma display, and organic electroluminescent display (OEL). The company's strength in optical disc and display technology is complemented by its state-of-the-art software products and manufacturing capabilities.

History

1937 Pioneer’s founder, Nozomu Matsumoto, successfully develops the A-8 dynamicspeaker speaker.

1938 Jan. Fukuin Shokai Denki Seisakusho (precursor of Pioneer) is founded in Tokyo.

1947 May Fukuin Denki is incorporated.

1953 Dec. Hi-Fi Speaker PE-8 introduced.

1961 Jun. Company name changed to Pioneer Electronic Corporation (now Pioneer Corporation).

1961 Oct. Shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Second Section.

1962 Jun. Introduces the world’s first separate stereo system.

1966 Mar. Establishes sales companies in Europe and the U.S.

1968 Feb. Shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange First Section.

1968 Apr. Shares are listed on the Osaka Securities Exchange.

1969 Feb. Shares are listed on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange (now Euronext Amsterdam). U.S. GAAP consolidated financial reporting starts

1975 Nov. Introduces the world’s first component car stereo.

1976 Dec. Shares are listed on the New York StockExchange.

1977 Dec. Introduces the world’s first two-way addressable CATV system in the U.S. (with Warner Cable).

1979 Feb. Introduces the industry-use LD player.

1980 Jun. Introduces VP-1000 LD player for home use in the U.S.

1981 Oct. Introduces LD player for home use and 70 LD software titles in Japan.

1982 Oct. Introduces the LD Karaoke system for business use.

1982 Nov. Introduces CD player.

1984 Sep. Introduces the world’s first LD combination player compatible with CDs and LDs.

1984 Oct. Releases the world’s first car CD player.

1985 Dec. Introduces the 40-inch projection monitor.

1990 Jun. Introduces the world’s first CD-based GPS car navigation system.

1992 Oct. Introduces the world’s first 4x CD-ROM changer.

1996 Jun. Tokorozawa Plant earns ISO 14001 certification.

1996 Dec. Introduces DVD/CD player and the world’s first DVD/LD/CD compatible player for home use.

1997 May Starts supplying digital satellite broadcast set-top boxes in Europe.

1997 Jun. Introduces the world’s first DVD-based GPS car navigation system.

1997 Oct. Introduces the world’s first DVD-R drive.

1997 Nov. Introduces the world’s first OEL-equipped car audio product.

1997 Dec. Introduces the world’s first highdefinition 50-inch plasma display for consumer use.

1998 Jun. Introduces the world’s first DVD-based GPS car navigation system featuring 8.5GB dual-layered DVD disc.

1998 Oct. Introduces new corporate logo.

1999 Apr. Starts supplying digital CATV set-top boxes in the U.S.

1999 Dec. Introduces the world’s first DVD recorder compatible with the DVD-RW format.

2000 Mar. Shares of Tohoku Pioneer are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Second Section.

2001 Jun. Introduces hard disk-based GPS car navigation system.

2001 Jul. Introduces the global brand slogan “sound.vision.soul”.

2002 Nov. Introduces GPS car navigation system with a wireless communication module.

2002 Nov. Introduces a DVD recorder with hard disk.

2003 Mar. Introduces in the U.S. digital CATV settop boxes with high-definition TV signal reception capability.

Brands

Pioneer - Home and Car Electronics

Pioneer Elite (USA only) - High-End Home Electronics

Carrozzeria (Japan only)

Pioneer Premier (USA only) - High-End Car Electronics

TAD - High-End Speakers "

So I was right in assuming carrozzeria was a japanese brand version of pioneer.

Its just strange that you dont find any markings in japanese at all! So the question now is does anyone know how I can fit the whole system?

And whether the sat nav would work or not?

The carrozzeria name is a japan only brand of pioneer....... not sold out of Japan normally.

"Pioneer Corporation

Pioneer Corporation is a world leader in digital entertainment products, based in Tokyo, Japan. The company was founded in 1938 in Tokyo as a radio and speaker repair shop. Today, Pioneer is recognized as a leader in technology advancements in the consumer electronics industry.

Pioneer is respected for its role in such innovations as interactive cable TV, the Laser Disc player, developing the first Compact Disc player for the car and the first detachable face car stereo, DVD and DVD recording, plasma display, and organic electroluminescent display (OEL). The company's strength in optical disc and display technology is complemented by its state-of-the-art software products and manufacturing capabilities.

History

1937 Pioneer’s founder, Nozomu Matsumoto, successfully develops the A-8 dynamicspeaker speaker.

1938 Jan. Fukuin Shokai Denki Seisakusho (precursor of Pioneer) is founded in Tokyo.

1947 May Fukuin Denki is incorporated.

1953 Dec. Hi-Fi Speaker PE-8 introduced.

1961 Jun. Company name changed to Pioneer Electronic Corporation (now Pioneer Corporation).

1961 Oct. Shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Second Section.

1962 Jun. Introduces the world’s first separate stereo system.

1966 Mar. Establishes sales companies in Europe and the U.S.

1968 Feb. Shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange First Section.

1968 Apr. Shares are listed on the Osaka Securities Exchange.

1969 Feb. Shares are listed on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange (now Euronext Amsterdam). U.S. GAAP consolidated financial reporting starts

1975 Nov. Introduces the world’s first component car stereo.

1976 Dec. Shares are listed on the New York StockExchange.

1977 Dec. Introduces the world’s first two-way addressable CATV system in the U.S. (with Warner Cable).

1979 Feb. Introduces the industry-use LD player.

1980 Jun. Introduces VP-1000 LD player for home use in the U.S.

1981 Oct. Introduces LD player for home use and 70 LD software titles in Japan.

1982 Oct. Introduces the LD Karaoke system for business use.

1982 Nov. Introduces CD player.

1984 Sep. Introduces the world’s first LD combination player compatible with CDs and LDs.

1984 Oct. Releases the world’s first car CD player.

1985 Dec. Introduces the 40-inch projection monitor.

1990 Jun. Introduces the world’s first CD-based GPS car navigation system.

1992 Oct. Introduces the world’s first 4x CD-ROM changer.

1996 Jun. Tokorozawa Plant earns ISO 14001 certification.

1996 Dec. Introduces DVD/CD player and the world’s first DVD/LD/CD compatible player for home use.

1997 May Starts supplying digital satellite broadcast set-top boxes in Europe.

1997 Jun. Introduces the world’s first DVD-based GPS car navigation system.

1997 Oct. Introduces the world’s first DVD-R drive.

1997 Nov. Introduces the world’s first OEL-equipped car audio product.

1997 Dec. Introduces the world’s first highdefinition 50-inch plasma display for consumer use.

1998 Jun. Introduces the world’s first DVD-based GPS car navigation system featuring 8.5GB dual-layered DVD disc.

1998 Oct. Introduces new corporate logo.

1999 Apr. Starts supplying digital CATV set-top boxes in the U.S.

1999 Dec. Introduces the world’s first DVD recorder compatible with the DVD-RW format.

2000 Mar. Shares of Tohoku Pioneer are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Second Section.

2001 Jun. Introduces hard disk-based GPS car navigation system.

2001 Jul. Introduces the global brand slogan “sound.vision.soul”.

2002 Nov. Introduces GPS car navigation system with a wireless communication module.

2002 Nov. Introduces a DVD recorder with hard disk.

2003 Mar. Introduces in the U.S. digital CATV settop boxes with high-definition TV signal reception capability.

Brands

Pioneer - Home and Car Electronics

Pioneer Elite (USA only) - High-End Home Electronics

Carrozzeria (Japan only)

Pioneer Premier (USA only) - High-End Car Electronics

TAD - High-End Speakers "

Satnav wont work

tv tuner wont work

you may be able to plug in an NTSC video source into the TV unit

but really its not worth it

sorry mate

So there is no way of converting the sat nav? Cause apparently according to this guy who sold it to me it was working for him on his car in uk? I need to know this so that i can have a chat about this with him.

Secondly, If as you say all of the stuff is useless would the antenna be of any use? And would the lcd display work if i get a uk tv fm tuner? or are all of these useless too?

Tobe honest mate.........its not worth the hassel, thats why i said i bin it all when it comes in the cars.....

The reason I ask is not because I will bother getting the coversion done but I am wondering that if this guy is telling the truth and it did work in his car then it might been already converted? Is there a way i can tell if thats the case?

And what about the LCD screen ? Is that useless as well? or can i use it with a uk tv fm tuner?

well it depends on the LCD screen

ones you buy in europe and Hong Kong are designed to work on PAL and NTSC systems

ones from Japan are usually NTSC only

so it may or maynot work

but for £100 you can have a spanking new 7" widescreen TFT from eBay that will run everything

try a google search on the model number of the LCD see what you can find out

well it depends on the LCD screen

ones you buy in europe and Hong Kong are designed to work on PAL and NTSC systems

ones from Japan are usually NTSC only

so it may or maynot work

but for £100 you can have a spanking new 7" widescreen TFT from ebay that will run everything

try a google search on the model number of the LCD see what you can find out

This is just terrible man! Please tell me there is something that can be done other than chucking the whole thing in the bin!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links