Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Dampers

Didin

Hi Peoples,

Its been AGES since I posted in here!!!

Anyways, its time to change the dampers on the IS200 as the ride its getting a bit wobbly, especially on the motorway. Just doesn't hold the road as well as a few months ago. The Dampers I'm assuming are the original ones as I don't have any record of them being changed ever - and the car is now on 95K+ miles.

Anyways, its riding on eibach springs, and I want some dampers which will work well with them. Want something a little uprated from standard, but not too harsh as to lose too much of the ride quality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Diddn

what you want to spend mate  :question: not many just offerng the dampers  :duh: the tein basic has fixed damping but height adjustable and start from £550  :D

Hi,

I haven't checked back in here since I posted - but funnily enough, I went ahead and bought those exact Teins!!!

The likes of Konis & Bislteins etc were coming up to £450-ish so I looked around on the Tein website and saw the basics for not too much more.

Should have them delivered before the weekend - which means theres gonna be a set of Eibachs I'll need to get rid of very soon :whistling: :winky:

what you want to spend mate  :question: not many just offerng the dampers  :duh: the tein basic has fixed damping but height adjustable and start from £550  :D

Hi,

I haven't checked back in here since I posted - but funnily enough, I went ahead and bought those exact Teins!!!

The likes of Konis & Bislteins etc were coming up to £450-ish so I looked around on the Tein website and saw the basics for not too much more.

Should have them delivered before the weekend - which means theres gonna be a set of Eibachs I'll need to get rid of very soon :whistling: :winky:

nice one mate :winky: you should be happy now :)

Hi,

Hi mate, you wil like them they are nice,..................thats what i have on my IS :winky:

Yay, I got delivery this morning.

I'll be fitting them tomorrow!!!

Marcus, I only get to drive the car on weekends/evenings if we go out as its my Mrs' car - she uses it for work everyday.

I'm sure it'll be a big improvement though.

I'm gonna lower it a little more (although riding on 19" rims) and see how I get on. With the eibachs on at the mo,I can have the car fully loaded at the back and boot, so much that the rear wheels are pretty much inside the arch and go over speed bumps and I've not once heard/felt any rubbing.

I'll post a couple of pics of the before and after look.

Cheers

Diddn

Hi Peoples,

Its been AGES since I posted in here!!!

Anyways, its time to change the dampers on the IS200 as the ride its getting a bit wobbly, especially on the motorway. Just doesn't hold the road as well as a few months ago. The Dampers I'm assuming are the original ones as I don't have any record of them being changed ever - and the car is now on 95K+ miles.

Anyways, its riding on eibach springs, and I want some dampers which will work well with them. Want something a little uprated from standard, but not too harsh as to lose too much of the ride quality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Diddn

Take a look in the Tdi forum, there are some new ones released, I'm thinking of doing exactly the same thing, uprate the shocks with my eibach springs. :)

Installed them on Saturday and lowered the car a bit more so that theres only just about a cm gap between the arch and the tyres. Looks pretty cool and you guys were right - the handling is absolutely superb!!!

I'll post a couple of pics here when I get a chance. :)

piccies.

Before with the eibachs :

Lexbefore.jpg

After with the Teins :

LexAfter.jpg

Edit:

No one can see these pics on image station as access will be denied, and I don't know how to make it public.

Any other way I can attach a pic here?

Edit 2 : Yay, got the pics working. :)

it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid163/pabab77c827eee411f76c10edf66911cf/f49444be.jpg on this server. :crying::crying:

it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid163/pabab77c827eee411f76c10edf66911cf/f49444be.jpg on this server. :crying::crying:

Yeah, I know (see edit in last post). I'm trying to figure out another wayof displaying the pics.

Shame you can't add attachements here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links