Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The rad has gone :angry: need new one its a GS 300 MK1 97-98 80k does anyone know how much and where from, should I get OEM or aftermarket ? and are they a b***h to fit? :crybaby: thanks guys.

Edited by ScarFace

easy to fit just watch for air locks and add the right amount of antifreeze ,if the top and bottom part of your rad is ok and it is only the fins that have gone get it reconditioned as it is a lot cheaper ,just means you won't have your car for a couple of days

Have a new Radiator comeing tuesday £150 Incl aftermarket,

Lexus wanted £304 plus vat :crying: yea right,

Q. does anyone know of any hidden bleed screws or any at all on the mk1, I see it looks easy to fit, but a bit concerned about the air bleeding after the fitting and what is the antifreeze mix, Thanks guys.

Just put your new Rad in and then connect all the pipes up...

Id leave the main rad cap off well the engines getting up to normal temp and also have the heater turned to Hot...then tickle the throttle a few times,that should get most of the air out the system.....

Only leave the main rad cap off for afew minutes or it will want to pump all your antifreeze out the system...

Only use the Toyota/Lexus (RED in colour) coolant to refill the system,thats what should be in it already.....just fill it up with pure red coolant.

Cheers chips

Do you think I should remind the garage where Im pickng my car up from about the red coolant? they are giving it a major service tuesday, I'm a bit worried they might just put the ordinary stuff in :tomato:

that was a really interesting read, what happens if the red isnt used?

Thanks Guys for the good ifo,

thanks Chips229 for the bleeding info nice and easy :D

Q. what is it about the Toyota antifreeze is it something special ?? and you dont mix it with water :huh: how much of it do I need to buy ????

The Toyota coolant is a "MUST".

If you use water and normal antifreeze, it will rot the inside of the radiator - maybe whats caused yours to Ian :crying:

This is one of the golden rules for any Toyota/Lexus, and possibly other Jap cars.

I always carry half a litre of the Toyota stuff in the boot in case I need to top up :winky:

Tony.

Thanks Tony, Toyota coolant it is then, the stuff in the car at the moment is red in colour,

Glad you guys are here, I would of put the green crap in from the Shell station :shutit: :shutit:

Thanks again chaps. :D

I phoned the garage today , I asked the salesman if they are going to put the red coolant in the radiator when its serviced. he said "Im sure they know what they are doing sir". I said to him "I hope so as you wouldnt want me to bring the car back in the warrenty period because the radiator has dropped to bits". It went quiet on the phone then he said "I think I had better write it down" :D !

thanks guys youve been a great help. made me laugh as well

Just changed the radiator and it was easy, taking it out to find loads and loads of dirt, stones, leaves, and bits of the uk roads, it really is a big DIRT TRAP between the rad and aircon condenser I was shocked, the dirt had rotted the rad from the outside in.

If you have a mrk 1 you must have a look at your rad, but the problem is you have to take the rad out to see all the crap that IS EATING YOUR RADIATOR. :unsure:

Q. Does the mrk 2 have the same problem ??? :shutit: :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links