Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Hate Other Drivers (except For You Guys!)

Another day, another dent.

I just don't understand it, I'm so careful about where I park, but almost every time I take my car out, some t****r bashes it, with a door / pram etc etc. :tsktsk: It was in showroom condition when I bought it (02-plate) and now it looks like it's been used as target practice for morons. Maybe if I cover it with Bacofoil it will double the strength of the bodywork.

I'm taking it in to a Lexus bodyshop tomorrow to get some accident damage repaired (someone ran into the back of me a while back, still hasn't coughed up), and hope to get the dented wheelarch done at the same time, along with the worst of the 'parking dings'. I guess I can expect a pretty big bill?! I'm also being given a Fiesta 1.2LX (!!!) as a courtesy car, which is going to be a bit of a shock to the system!

I really hope the new IS is more resilient against these parking dents, otherwise this will be my first and last Lexus :unsure:

All the best

Amanda

Another day, another dent.

I just don't understand it, I'm so careful about where I park, but almost every time I take my car out, some t****r bashes it, with a door / pram etc etc.  :tsktsk: It was in showroom condition when I bought it (02-plate) and now it looks like it's been used as target practice for morons. Maybe if I cover it with Bacofoil it will double the strength of the bodywork.

I'm taking it in to a Lexus bodyshop tomorrow to get some accident damage repaired (someone ran into the back of me a while back, still hasn't coughed up), and hope to get the dented wheelarch done at the same time, along with the worst of the 'parking dings'. I guess I can expect a pretty big bill?! I'm also being given a Fiesta 1.2LX (!!!) as a courtesy car, which is going to be a bit of a shock to the system!

I really hope the new IS is more resilient against these parking dents, otherwise this will be my first and last Lexus  :unsure:

All the best

Amanda

Lexus have given you a fiesta courtesy car? Sounds more like a workers car that they are giving you. Stay with the Lexus, its a damn good car.

sorry to hear about your probs by the way

best thing to do is to park as far away from main doors of the supermarket

most people are lazy and wont park at the far end of the carpaark

car body work is very flimsy these days because it offers more protection in crashes crumple zones etc. and safty to people you hit.

Sorry to hear about your probs amanda ...... if it makes you feel any better, this was what happend to my new IS300 , just six days after I bought it .........

gallery_7604_85_32309.jpg

I know just how you feel ....... however It's not the Car that you drive, it's the people around you, stay Lexus ! ..... just have some hope :blush:

I dunno what it is about supermarket car parks...

After getting a trolley bump on back wing some time ago I always park right as far away as anyone else I can.

But when I come out there is ALWAYS some t**t parked right next to me. ususally some scuffed up old rat car like a Rover or the true enemy of the people, the White Van Man

The courtsey car is from the bodyshop, a separate company to whom Lexus send cars for body repairs !

I have to say, I haven't found Lexus Cardiff to be particularly helpful, they hardly ever return phonecalls, give contradictory information, and generally can't be bothered. Problem is, they're my nearest dealer - I live 40 miles away from them - so I'm a bit stuck. The body shop, on the other hand, have been really helpful - has anyone used TST Auto Appearance in Cardiff? I'm hoping they'll make it look good as new.

All the best

Amanda

After getting a trolley bump on back wing some time ago I always park right as far away as anyone else I can.

But when I come out there is ALWAYS some t**t parked right next to me. ususally some scuffed up old rat car like a Rover or the true enemy of the people, the White Van Man

oi some of us lex drivers also drive white vans :D (mines blue :blink: ).

hay not all of us white van men are like that i only park next to vaxhalls in my white van just in case my door opens too far :blink:

No offense meant WVM :crybaby:

BUT

You WVM must admit ya'll dont have a very good reputation....Look at all the police camera stuff on TV etc. And where is the excuse for WVM not to wear seat belts? Four up in the cab that fits three?

So who dies :nuke:

My white van is...... white :blink:

But i agree its very frustrating that it seems the more you look after your car, the more someone wants to :tsktsk: it up. Jealousy maybe? :huh:

No offense meant WVM  :crybaby:

BUT

You WVM must admit ya'll dont have a very good reputation....Look at all the police camera stuff on TV etc. And where is the excuse for WVM not to wear seat belts? Four up in the cab that fits three?

So who dies  :nuke:

:o blimey have we met ,and its four in the front and two in the back on the old bags of cement :lol: .on a serious note you have hit the nail on the head regarding seatbelts ,i wish i could get into the habit of putting the damm thing on :blush:

No offense meant WVM  :crybaby:

BUT

So who dies  :nuke:

:o blimey have we met ,and its four in the front and two in the back on the old bags of cement :lol: .on a serious note you have hit the nail on the head regarding seatbelts ,i wish i could get into the habit of putting the damm thing on :blush:

could save your life and helps crumbs from your sarny roll of to floor :D

Hi guys

Well, I took it in to the bodyshop today, and they quoted me £250 +VAT to do the wheelarch. Could be worse, I suppose.

One thing I have learned though, is to appreciate my car!! I have an 05-plate Fiesta 1.2LX as a courtesy car - took me a while to remember to use the clutch when attempting to change gears!! - and it is the slowest car I have ever driven. When I switched on I thought it was a diesel, but apparently it takes unleaded. My mum's Yaris is a far superior car. What was really noticeable is the difference in other drivers' attitudes - people really cut you up etc when you're a girlie driving a Fiesta! I would have got quite aggressive, except that they'd moved on to the next county by the time I'd reached 60mph!

AT least my car is finally getting fixed, yay! :D

All the best

Amanda

you need to learn to

1 - go to 24 hour supermarkets late at night / early hours.

2 - park in the parent / child bays.

The parent/child bays are bigger (and no parent will be out with their child @ 1am).

The fact that they are bigger bays, and that there are less people, vastly reduces the odds of some silly sod bashing into your car

you need to learn to

1 - go to 24 hour supermarkets late at night / early hours.

2 - park in the parent / child bays.

The parent/child bays are bigger (and no parent will be out with their child @ 1am).

The fact that they are bigger bays, and that there are less people, vastly reduces the odds of some silly sod bashing into your car

that early hours when the food is generally the older stuff before the new stuff come along??? :P

The wheelarch dent happened at work, in the staff car park of the hospital, so some :tsktsk: is walking around thinking "Haha, got away with that". I now park only in corner spaces, as close to the kerb as alloys will allow, as far away from main entrances as possible. I never park next to kiddie wagons, 4x4s or generally battered cars - not easy to do when you live in an agricultural area where everyone drives 15 year old Peugots or Daihatsus!!! (Having said that, we do have an unusually high number of Scoobies around here, must be the country roads). We live in 'the sticks' so we don't have 24hour supermarkets :crybaby:

I read an article the other day in Auto Express about fitting security cameras to the car, which will record in response to various stimuli, eg impacts. I wonder if this is feasible for parking dents - wouldn't you just love to send someone the repair bill, accompanied by a tape of themselves looking at the damage they caused and driving away?!

Scarface - sorry to see the damage to your IS, you must have been gutted. Nice colour car though, is it Antimony?

All the best

Amanda

The courtsey car is from the bodyshop, a separate company to whom Lexus send cars for body repairs !

I have to say, I haven't found Lexus Cardiff to be particularly helpful, they hardly ever return phonecalls, give contradictory information, and generally can't be bothered. Problem is, they're my nearest dealer - I live 40 miles away from them - so I'm a bit stuck. The body shop, on the other hand, have been really helpful - has anyone used TST Auto Appearance in Cardiff? I'm hoping they'll make it look good as new.

All the best

Amanda

is lexus bristol to far for you? i have very good experience with them...

and cargo's, mines yellow :lol:

Well, I got my car back from the bodyshop today.

Very good job, can't see any remnants of damage (and it was a very nasty dent), and the paint is matched perfectly. Cost me £350 in total :crybaby: . Great to get my car back.

Will consider Bristol for servicing, thanks.

:driving:

Amanda

I agree with Mr Morse, I park my LS as far away from the attacking hoards as possible, only to return to an automotive parking frenzy. How can the lazy bastards who normally park outside the supermarket doors know that there is a Lexus at the other end of the car park? :crybaby: It's well beond me!! :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links