Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice Needed

norkep

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many Thanks,

Goes to show, you'd not this type or level of support from any other club I recon.

always happy to lend a helping hand others have given me advice that helped so its just repaying the favour

by the way i reckon i can get the balancing done but my friends at rolls royce will be doing it

I've got till the end of the month to find a temp run around, and then I can start on stripping the motor down and having a look at the problem and whats needed - ie gaskets etc....

I've even rang a garage in the autotrader for a price, have asked for 3K, he'll be ringing back tomorrow with an answer.

Depending on what happens by the W/E will determine whether the car stay's or goes.

This is getting harder and harder to even think about it at the moment.

The cost of replacement turbo's so far is out of my price range, I'm still looking at the option of self repair but so far having trouble finding anyone to give me a straight answer, they all say about upgrading rather repairing.

I've even rang a garage in the autotrader for a price, have asked for 3K, he'll be ringing back tomorrow with an answer.

Depending on what happens by the W/E will determine whether the car stay's or goes.

This is getting harder and harder to even think about it at the moment.

The cost of replacement turbo's so far is out of my price range, I'm still looking at the option of self repair but so far having trouble finding anyone to give me a straight answer, they all say about upgrading rather repairing.

if you can find out the bearing part no's or sizes i can find out about the bearings and would think the impeller will be ok just as long as the noise you heard was a whine and not intermittent or scraping mettallic.

Feel for you dude nothing worse than parting with ur pride n joy

May well be picking up a Mondeo N reg GLX £550 with 1 Year Warranty, FSH, PAS, E/W C/L Metalic Blue, this will be good run around, hopefully something will come though in time to save the car from the scrape yard, if anyone is interested,

LET ME KNOW,

would rather sell here than anywhere else. Will be posting here first before I do anything as far as selling is concerned.

Have arranged for the car to be brought back to MK on Friday evening.

Legendswraith - the sound is a constant whin, no metic sounds. Occasionally the whin decreases and then increases again, sounds more like it's changing gear.

OK - change of plan, few phone calls and chats with the wife, we are both going to car share while mine is getting repaired, means though this could a while, the only down side will that the car will unlikey be any meets for the first part of the year if a cheaper option can't be found for the turbo's.

But still early days though. A few hours ago, the car was going to a scrapy, but was talked out of it by Petra (wife) and give it a year before making rash choices, thats why I married her. It's thanks to her the car stays and gets repairs :)

OK - change of plan, few phone calls and chats with the wife, we are both going to car share while mine is getting repaired, means though this could a while, the only down side will that the car will unlikey be any meets for the first part of the year if a cheaper option can't be found for the turbo's.

But still early days though. A few hours ago, the car was going to a scrapy, but was talked out of it by Petra (wife) and give it a year before making rash choices, thats why I married her. It's thanks to her the car stays and gets repairs  :)

Thats good news Paul. At least you've got the missus on your side - you're half way there! :lol:

But still early days though. A few hours ago, the car was going to a scrapy, but was talked out of it by Petra (wife) and give it a year before making rash choices, thats why I married her. It's thanks to her the car stays and gets repairs  :)

car share sounds like a good idea

so....sell her car and repair yours, then car share

im sure petra wont mind :whistling:

Paul,

I am positive the ceramics are the same as the Jspec Supra. I know of 2/3 of my customers selling them - normally between £200-300.

Do the labour yourself - 10 hours each way if you've never done it.

I have a step by step guide to help too.

LMK, I hope this helps you save a lovely car.

Gaz.

Paul,

I am positive the ceramics are the same as the Jspec Supra. I know of 2/3 of my customers selling them - normally between £200-300.

Do the labour yourself - 10 hours each way if you've never done it.

I have a step by step guide to help too.

LMK, I hope this helps you save a lovely car.

Gaz.

i know the ceramics handle the heat better but i have seen that they can be replaced with steel

Managed to get the same replacement - ceramics, the steel upgrades have been from £575 - £850 price range and per turbo.

Steel will have a better tolerance to heat but take longer to spin up, and ceramics spin alot quicker but are senative to heat. Sounds like there is not perfect solution unless you are you have the cash to throw at it.

Managed to get the same replacement - ceramics, the steel upgrades have been from £575 - £850 price range and per turbo.

Steel will have a better tolerance to heat but take longer to spin up, and ceramics spin alot quicker but are senative to heat. Sounds like there is not perfect solution unless you are you have the cash to throw at it.

so you got the replacement bearings for it then thats good i thought you were replacing the whole unit didn't really look at the prices though but i am surprised ceramics are less expensive in everything else ceramets are dearer

Just need to wait till carbon fibre is cheap now and we're onto a winner :D

No Austin, Alex has managed to source second ones, complete units.

/Ah right i remember you saying but thought you had managed to get the bearings from the way the previous post was written was going to say i can put them in using liquid nitrogen buts thats redundant now

Thanks for the offer though, hopefully they'll be arriving sometime at the beginning of May, trying to get it sorted in time for the Scottish Tour, but need to carefully run these in first as well.

Thanks for the offer though, hopefully they'll be arriving sometime at the beginning of May, trying to get it sorted in time for the Scottish Tour, but need to carefully run these in first as well.

i can imagine that carefully will be the watchword too be the slowest moving turbo around for a while :D

• 4 weeks later...

The car is being picked repaired by Warrior MotorSport, spent most of this and the Week End before trying to remove the dam things, no luck, have removed most of the oil and air feeds but the exhust manifolds are a not go, have not got the ramps or the correct tools to allow the removal of these, have spoken with Simon and Rob - Jobjonk - between them both, the car is being fixed by them, also the car will be lowered at the same time, hopefully the alloy's will be ready by then as well, all things being OK, the car will be ready and will look a bit better by JAE.

BR

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links