Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ah right

So was it the optional ones that were concave in shape or was that the style of the standard and optional alloys? Does anyone have any pics to help clear up my confusion?

Ive got a link to a pic of the alloys im after. Could someone clear up if these are the standard or optional ones?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/joh...8inchalloys.jpg

Thanks again

Johnny

that car has both the front ones are the standard sport 18 rims and the rears were optional 10" and had the deep dish look.if you look at my car in the garage it has the standard sport 18 rims all around and not the larger optional ones on the back like the silver car in your above post

Be wary of the 18" x 10" wide optional wheels, they take 275/35 ZR18 tyres, which aren't cheap, and if they crack on the inside edge you're looking at £341 + vat to change the alloy for a new one, and around £260 for a pirelli p-zero rosso in that size, I know i've just had to do it. The sport alloys seem to suffer from corrosion, and aggressive driving over speed bumps, or kerbs is gonna result in buckling the inside edge of the alloy, another weak point

Just to clarify: -

The 18" sport wheels standard are 8.5" wide, they take 245/40 ZR18 tyres

The 18" optional concave ones are 10" wide and can only be fitted to the rear axle, these take 275/35 ZR18 tyres

Hope some of that wasn't repeated and helpful

Didn't mean to put you off them, they aren't all likely to crack, you just have to be careful going over speed bumps, I've not had any problems with my other rear one, and i think the one that had a hairline crack in it wasn't manufactured properly, and had been like that since before i bought the car

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links