Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bottom Of The Line Lexus?

Hi guys,

what would you say to an entry level Lexus below the Is? Here is my impression:

>> Lexus Cs100

Shocking? Or just a good idea?

Greetings

André

PS: There are some more  Lexus impressions on my site.

nice imaging but its a corsa with IS lights innit :huh:

LOL.

I like it, a job well done, but Lexus are meant to be big, expensive, juicy pimpmobiles!!

SOOO It would be like the A2,A3, 1series/2series compact and A Class and waste of space and for people who cant afford the real deal (bagde snobs), and no i'm not sorry if i have offended anyone who owns on of these :P They just arent prestige cars

i know this is gonna sound snobby but if people cant afford a lexus then they shouldnt buy one - as entry level cars ruin the reputation of prestige brands.

the A class Merc for example, what a pathetic attempt to put the badge into the hands of aspiring owners. The BMW 1 series - for those who cant afford the 3 series etc etc.

If people want a small car buy the toyota, but lexus need to not follow the trends of the BMW etc.

Good photoshop tho

Hi guys,

what would you say to an entry level Lexus below the Is? Here is my impression:

>> Lexus Cs100

Shocking? Or just a good idea?

Greetings

André

PS: There are some more  Lexus impressions on my site.

I think you should remove your ideas from this web site immediately. then contact me via pm i will become your manager and we can discuss the % if this was ever to make it onto the market. the rest of you can sing i asked first :P :D

isnt the IS200 a budget car of the brand??

problem lies is that the car is becoming more affordable and desirable..

I have noticed on the club a different breed of people joining (nothing bad ;) )

but soon in the next few years you will find younger people driving old IS200's about.

The GS300 is a big car... not everyone can afford to insure themselves and afford to run one.. thats why the GS300 is more 30's + car for professional and semi professional.

where the IS200 will attract 21 + with lowish insurance costs. So we end up like BMW with the old 3 series.

i would not say the IS200 was a budget car (unless you count the s model)

I would say it was one of lexus's range of cars i.e. their salloon car, then the GS + LS are the Super luxury brands.

the fact that there are not a million varieties makes me happier.

As for the "new + Different breed" you mean the 20+ year old drivers.

I think this isnt just because of the cheaper cars as i bought mine at 21 and paid over £18k.

i dont think we (lexus) will become as bad as say BMW, as there are not many sub £2K cars availiable.

I think you should look again

I have seen IS200's for as little as 6K

thats pug money... Not talking about new IS200's here.

Yes the "S" is the budget but also the IS200 is the bottom of the line in the Lexus Luxury brand.

The whole point of Lexus diferent models are that owners upgrade to the GS from the IS.. thats the reason why BMW have so many different models... you step up every 2-3 years

The IS 300 was a good upgrade from the IS200 too.

I think this isnt just because of the cheaper cars as i bought mine at 21 and paid over £18k.

i dont think we (lexus) will become as bad as say BMW, as there are not many sub £2K cars availiable.

Exactly mate, there are a fair few joining on on the sub 10k ladder, but we hopefully wont end up any near as bad as bmw.

i've also found out that the entire county of gloucestershire (strecthing between bristol, oxford, wales and worcester) has 400 yes FOUR HUNDERED Lexus Owners :)

thats pug money...  Not talking about new IS200's here.

Steve it is pug money, but the runnings are probably gonna be 5 times+ more (a very realistic figure).

They just arent prestige cars
i know this is gonna sound snobby but if people cant afford a lexus then they shouldnt buy one - as entry level cars ruin the reputation of prestige brands
I like it, a job well done, but Lexus are meant to be big, expensive, juicy pimpmobiles!!

Come off it guys, that's what was said about the IS when that came out. Even the brand new big Merc's being churned out are poor quality compared to how they used to be. An IS isn't a big car but it's still luxurious.

The images were well smart, especially the Maybach hearse. Now people with no taste can go out in style.

... and we are driving Toyota's! :D

thats pug money...  Not talking about new IS200's here.

Steve it is pug money, but the runnings are probably gonna be 5 times+ more (a very realistic figure).

if you could afford to buy a ferrari would you worry about running costs??

alot of people ignore the fact that insurance is high purely to get the car they have always wanted.

My soarer was blimmin expensive.. always wanted one... had tons of fun and suff.. then saw the light and scarey fuel costs.. but if I had not been offered a good price for it then I would still be driving around in it.

if you can afford 7K then you can afford £500 - 1K a year on insurance.

I aint slating the IS one bit.. But I do see old IS's floating around in 5 years time with a much younger generation or even chavs!! Dreading that day!

The club will change and our audience will be alot younger.

if you can afford 7K then you can afford £500 - 1K a year on insurance.

I aint slating the IS one bit.. But I do see old IS's floating around in 5 years time with a much younger generation or even chavs!! Dreading that day!

The club will change and our audience will be alot younger.

Firstly insurance will more in the region of 1-4k...

Yes agreed we will get chavs driving Lexi in few years :crybaby: just like they do with old 3 series. There are 2 types of chavs, I know chavs how spent 3k insure a banger worth 2k max, all probably fork out £1000's to keep their lexus on the road, but on the other, you have chavs, who will buy one, probably not insure it and keep it running with any proper maintenance will its almost done.

In 5 years, there will be many bad examples of the Is about... just like the 1990 LS's (they are either right minters or in a right state!!)

if a car is less value the inurance policy premium drops. Not a huge amount but a 21 year old chav could get it for 1K... gotta be worth it right.. I mean what are they paying for old 3 series.

Take time to think about it mate

if they can afford a 3 series.. why can they not afford an IS??

^^

A lot of them are 316 base models, with 4 pot engines, will pattern parts widely available and it returns a lot more then 25/28mpg (combined).

Admittedly there are a handfull of chavs with older bimas in good condition (they are doing 'well for themselves')

^^

A lot of them are 316 base models, with 4 pot engines, will pattern parts widely available and it returns a lot more then 25/28mpg (combined).

Admittedly there are a handfull of chavs with older bimas in good condition (they are doing 'well for themselves')

yeah true

My main point being that over time the club will change due to different walks of life joining in.

I have been doing this for 3 years.. it has changed due to the IS brand becoming cheaper to buy.

I mean 8 years and it the IS will be worthless

admittedly i have plans to loose the IS within the next year or so (unless i have a change of heart) owing to the fact that yes there are too many people with them.

But in the end at least Lexus has retained some dignity unlike BMW who have prostituted themselves to a degree that is insane.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links