Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tom's Barrel Exhaust For The Is!

Dayu

Hey guys, I've taken the plunge into modding my IS! (well.. i've finally cleared the 1k servicing, and couldn't wait anymore! :D)

Anyway, I've found me a Tom's Barrel Exhaust, link to details here:

http://www.tomsracing.com.my/toms.htm

TomsBarrelExhaustIS200.jpg

That's the best english description I can find on the web. It looks machine translated though :blink:

One thing, I'm not sure why it gives the tip (110) and piping (60) dimentions in 'phi'. I'm fairly certain it means mm.

I'll report back after I've bolted it on and run it thru the usual seat of my pants 'dyno' :driving:

Toms is a very Good exhaust,

based on the std design but with a straight pipe inside the Silencer, i Mimicked this idea in a trial exhaust i modified, Fluff now runs on this exhaust and has done for a few years, and seems very happy with it.

Good choice, i like the TOMS exhausts

Ok, bearing in mind that I live in Singapore and that our VAT is a beautiful 5% but that the IS is a rather rare model here and most ppl tend to buy either the Remus or HKS exhausts, it's selling at various workshops for approximately GBP400-450 (special order-ins).

I picked this particular one up 2nd hand from a friend who has sold off his IS (and replaced all his performance bits with the original bits he stored) for a shade under GBP100.. muahahahahaha (weighed in every last bit of emotional blackmail, favours owed, etc etc :D)

doesn't look all that but it's the performance and quality that counts!

any other good deals you got from your mate?? (must have had a few 'secrets' to give it to you at that price!)

Well, the exhaust was the only bit I snagged. Other bits that went to other ppl include various ICE bits, assorted TRD caps (radiator, oil, etc), sway bars, and probably a couple other bits that I don't know of! But sometimes pressing too hard can backfire. I was pressing to get a cusco front strut and a TRD rear strut for GBP100 combined (used). The seller tried to get me to up it by a little (some GBP20), but I refused, and they eventually went to someone else! :crying:

In any event, the predominant plea on my part was the good ol', "Cmon mate, I'm dirt poor and haven't got any more money!"

* anyway, no time to go get it bolted on today. 1st thing tomorrow morning!

Well, finally bolted it on. While I was at it, tossed in a pipercross filter as well. So far the butt dyno shows some positive results. Better pick up to the 3500rpm range (no clue about what happens above that.. damned traffic!). The tip is a little dusty by virtue of it being 2nd hand.. gonna have to go wipe it clean later in the evening! :)

Oh, and it's not particularly noisy. Virtually no increase in noise. Which is a good thing given Singapore's v.strict regulations on exhaust mods (well, it's virtually prohibited with some rare exceptions... good thing this one comes with a toyota heat shield! ;))

Thanks for the update there. You know whats going to be asked next right?

PICS PLEASE! haha :)

cheers

Heh, pictures will follow tomorrow. It's going to be dark by the time I get home! (need to have a billion dollars fall from the sky so that I never have to work again.....) :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links