Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Phone Kit

Yup Bluetooth is the cleanest install...

I have the Nokia CK-7W (Nokia Bluetooth Car Kit), Scarface has the CK-1W which is more to his tastes apparently (but there again I have seen his taste in wimin too :lol:)

I fitted mine in just to the side of the radio (there's a gap between teh facia and the bar that holds the radio unit.

I think Scarface has his tooked in the far side (near side wing) next to the glove box. I looked on mine and I already have a box with a big heatsink on in that location so it would have been a no go for me to install there.

THere is a few posts in teh electronics, audio and video section detailing which pins on the radio are the mute etc.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=radio++pinouts

There is also rummour of a TMUTE pin (may need another search for that)... as it might solve the problem of the CD not pausing when the phone mutes the radio.

HTH :)

I've got a Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth one for sale.

3 Weeks old.

£65.

ONCE IT LIKE FITTING?

DOES IT COME WITH A CRADLE I HAVE 6230

It doesnt come with a cradle, but it comes with the wire so you can if you want to hard wire a cradle onto it ..... but it's Bluetooth ... so you don't need a cradle.

I have a 6230 and it works great!

The kit is £150 in car phone warehouse ........

3 Weeks old.

£65.

ONCE IT LIKE FITTING?

It doesnt come with a cradle, but it comes with the wire so you can if you want to hard wire a cradle onto it ..... but it's Bluetooth ... so you don't need a cradle.

whats it like to fit?

will i see any wires etc

and it comes through stero etc doesnt it

whats it like to fit?

will i see any wires etc

It will take you a few hours to fit .......... you don't see any wires at all.

In my car, you can only see the mic, (near the rear view) nothing else .... the sound comes out of an aditional speaker that comes with the kit .... (my speaker is hidden).

If you were in London .... I would have installed it for you for free ...... as I said I would in my Buy & Sell thread ... but I'm afraid Liverpool is a bit far out for me :)

whats it like to fit?

will i see any wires etc

It will take you a few hours to fit .......... you don't see any wires at all.

In my car, you can only see the mic, (near the rear view) nothing else .... the sound comes out of an aditional speaker that comes with the kit .... (my speaker is hidden).

If you were in London .... I would have installed it for you for free ...... as I said I would in my Buy & Sell thread ... but I'm afraid Liverpool is a bit far out for me :)

does it come with instruction to fit?

is it a hard job or could it be done by following instructions

can get me on msn if ya want

sooty_4@hotmail.com

does it come with instruction to fit?

is it a hard job or could it be done by following instructions

can get me on msn if ya want

sooty_4@hotmail.com

Mine didn't come with instructions but I fitted it myself

Mine is a Sony Ericsson HBH-300, and cost £70 off eBay (£100 in the shops)

Mike is above the rear view mirror, and speaker is below the ash tray (looks great)

The only thing you'll need to do is pull out the lint tray thing (where the sat nav normally sits) to feed some cables through, and all the gubbins actually sits between the glove compartment and the passenger door.

Pull the glove box out (squeeze the sides) and you should be able to pop out the side panel (the one with the stickers on) and you'll see all the space available to you

To get the mike wire hidden, you only need to squeeze it in with yourt thumb although I;d imagine there are more elegant solutions.

More pics when I get back from singapore (if anyone wants any shopping doing.... tonnes of play station portables round here :) )

Regards,

paul

3 Weeks old.

£65.

Bargain!! Really good kits aswell. Will work with most Bluetooth handsets and Nokia Pop Port phones.

£65 is a steal!!

Can't beleive CPW sell them for £150!! Thats a right ripp off. The kits I supply do actually come with the cradle and booster aerial. :tomato:

Sooty,

I have a nokia 6230 car kit & bluetooth kit in my car it uses a seperate speaker hidden under the passenger footwell.

Your more than welcome to come and have a look at how it works. Unfortunately I didn't fit it - it was a company fit.

Cheers.....

I hid my speaker under the steering column ..... well kind of that area .......... you can't see anything in mine ........ just the mic near the rear view :D

My button is even hidden, yet easily accessible.

The Link were doing the motorola HF800 for £20. Thought it had to be worth a try for that price. Basically its a portable (bluetooth) speaker. You can mount it anywhere. Comes with a car charger but thats the only wiring. Sound quality is ok. I think it might struggle a bit in a louder car but the lexus is fairly quiet so no complaints yet. Battery life seems pretty good as i only use it about 2 hours a day while i'm in the car, the rest of the time it shuts down by itself. I've only had it 5 days but its still on the original charge which bodes well.

All honestly, the portable Bluetooth kits I used to sell in the past have been pretty rubbish. By the time you have to fix the unit and plug the external mic in, it looks really cluttered and performance was not great either.

But everyone has their own opinions and experiences, all Id say is that you cant be a hard fitted car kit.

if i get this off u can i get a cradle on top of this cause i do want to charge at the same time

does the stero mute? when the phone rings

is it load enough using that speaker?

What are you actually talking about ? :blush: are you after my car kit .... then get a cradle from else where ? or what ?

The stereo does mute with the car kit yes ...... and the speaker supplied is loud enough, IMO.

if i get this off u can i get a cradle on top of this cause i do want to charge at the same time

does the stero mute? when the phone rings

is it load enough using that speaker?

What are you actually talking about ? :blush: are you after my car kit .... then get a cradle from else where ? or what ?

The stereo does mute with the car kit yes ...... and the speaker supplied is loud enough, IMO.

i am still debating which one to get

i am thinking of gettin ur Bluetooth one and then getting a cradle

3 Weeks old.

£65.

ONCE IT LIKE FITTING?

how would u except payment for this

how much r the cradles

is this it

http://www.blueunplugged.com/Products/Noki..._Kit_CK_7W.aspx

All honestly, the portable bluetooth kits I used to sell in the past have been pretty rubbish. By the time you have to fix the unit and plug the external mic in, it looks really cluttered and performance was not great either.

But everyone has their own opinions and experiences, all Id say is that you cant be a hard fitted car kit.

I think you had a naff installer then mate! You can only see the controller in mine :)

And yes, quality is better in a wired kit, although if you change your phone.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links