Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is500

the car will feature a 5litre v8 boasting 400bhp. insiders say it is a bored out version of the 350bhp 4.6 unit designed for the bigger lexus ls next yesr. expext a sub-six-second 0-60mph sprint, with top speed limited to 155mph. Unveiled in production trim at the geneva motor show last month, the all-new IS will go on sale in the uk later this year. At launch, a 2.5 v6 petrol and 2.2 diesel will be the only models available. developement of the V8 is ongoing. so it will not appear until 2006. But lexus bosses are not resting on their laurels, as they also plan to produce a mighty 500bhp version of the LS powered by a V8 hybrid unit. This LS600h is said to offer super-saloon pace with the economy of a V6
."-autoxpress issue853

the car will feature a 5litre v8 boasting 400bhp. insiders say it is a bored out version of the 350bhp 4.6 unit designed for the bigger lexus ls next yesr. expext a sub-six-second 0-60mph sprint, with top speed limited to 155mph. Unveiled in production trim at the geneva motor show last month, the all-new IS will go on sale in the uk later this year. At launch, a 2.5 v6 petrol and 2.2 diesel will be the only models available. developement of the V8 is ongoing. so it will not appear until 2006. But lexus bosses are not resting on their laurels, as they also plan to produce a mighty 500bhp version of the LS powered by a V8 hybrid unit. This LS600h is said to offer super-saloon pace with the economy of a V6
."-autoxpress issue853

5 litre V8 and only sub-six second 0-60 sprint? Not to impressed by that figure. My 330 does it it 6.2.

5 litre V8 and only sub-six second 0-60 sprint? Not to impressed by that figure.  My 330 does it it 6.2.

Maybe, but think of all that Torque. There is little that would beat you off the line sub 6 seconds, but for over taking.... My *** in heaven, that will put you in the back seat!

If a 330 over takes you, we all know what we think. If an IS / LS over took, you'd think: What the hell was that!

trying to remember what times the IS430 that rod millen produced got? think it was a 4.9-5.2 so i would imagine it would be in the low 5.2 second times. A big thing to remember is that a light car with a lot of power would have trouble putting down 500bhp from a standing start. would be interesting to see what width rubber this will be wearing!

trying to remember what times the IS430 that rod millen produced got? think it was a 4.9-5.2 so i would imagine it would be in the low 5.2 second times. A big thing to remember is that a light car with a lot of power would have trouble putting down 500bhp from a standing start. would be interesting to see what width rubber this will be wearing!

But that was a manual!!!

Cant see Lexus producing a LS or IS in manual form for the V8.

^^

Talk about an eye for detail!! :o :lol:

Anyways this all good news, been praying for this for years ;) Hopefully this will create even more respect for the brand and hopefully better residuals (IS has been disgusting losing almost 7k in 18months)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links