Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Champagne Run 28/9 September 2002

Loz

Here's the Revised low down People!

DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSPORT!!!!

Depart 7:45am Dover - Calais

Return 16:00 (or 20:00) Sunday

Cost £105 based on one car and two people. its the same price for one person. (discounted rate as I get mailed their junk...)

Meet up 7:am at Dover Tourist Info ( its en route to the ferry terminal..)

Convoy onto the ticket desk and boarding queue where I can admire all your Cars!

Breakfast at Langans Brasserie on the ship. (not dear to say it's part of the great Langans group!)

Drive off the ship and convoy to Champagne region after meeting up with our Continental cousins at the arrivals point.

I will sort hotels out when I know numbers better but so far I think there is at least 5 of us. Can everyone confirm to me by e mail adrian.lawrence@vantage-vbs.co.uk if they want to come. I will give you the password to book at the discounted rate.

Don't need to book tours of the cellars so we could be kicking off the scene by mid afternoon and then dining in the very pretty square in Rheims. Sunday we could do more Champers or take a scienic route back via other coastal towns.

So Come one, come all. If you have a Lexus and you want to tarnish your boot lid paint with a GB sticker. Get it on!!!

ps. if the Staff crew come I'll guarantee to by my Gold Membership there and then! Sammy, Rodders and co. Pack your bags:P

let me know september availability people 28/9 should be a nice month end treat. The Russells and Myself would welcome your company! Right, JM?

Loz

So thats:

Supercharged IS200

Claire G and Co.

Norkep (Paul)

Rodders! (I know you want to mate, dont' front)

Vince-Com

Vince and Supercharged just for Sunday meeting "en France".

Mat also meeting at Calais ( is that "the Stripper does not put out" Mat? or another one).

C'mon! Ultraviolet, fancy a convy from the north for this weekend of Lexus Luxury??

How about the rest of you... Its cheap and cheerful and you wont get many better photo ops for lots of cool international Lexus Conventions... its a PR stunt of extreme proportions. Does the club have a PR pro? they should come to!

Ok, Rant over. Just book now!

i will meet you the sat morning in calais..........paul norkep will call me as you come of the ferry.........which one sea france or burst into flames p&o

i will drive down to calais friday night dos in the car.......its a 7 hour drive from where i am........:smug:

Loz, am reeeeaaaaalllllly sorry....I can't make 4/5th October - my husband has to work and doesn't look like we could get a baby sitter then. :regan:

Also mid-late October we are hoping to go on holiday.

I am really sorry, am not usually one to say yes then drop out.

Is there anything I can help with on the organisation front?

Am soooo sorry. My husband has also just pointed out that if we came with our little boy (6 months old), we'd have to get him a passport. Sorry, sorry.sorry

Why are these things always so damned Tricky!! My Directors want me to join them on a Client Entertainment Jolly that weekend hence offering another date. Can we draw a poll on the best date to do this. maybe bring it forward a week to 28/29 september??

Any thoughts. I know Claire G was dissapointed. that came across eventually... ;)

WHo can make the 28/9 Of sept? Playa? JM Russell, SuperChgd, Vince, Rodders, Paul, Andy is200?? c'mon peoples, Lets get a weekend that works for the Majority.

Loz

Persistance and Patience pay off!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Claire G

Am soooo sorry. My husband has also just pointed out that if we came with our little boy (6 months old), we'd have to get him a passport. Sorry, sorry.sorry

What an opportunity! Get your boy a passport (3 day turn around is possible- they've stopped the same day) and at the end of October it could be sunny climbs! My daughter will be coming (9) and loves little ones - she likes champagne too! Must take after her mother.

Originally posted by JMRussell
Originally posted by Claire G

What an opportunity! Get your boy a passport (3 day turn around is possible- they've stopped the same day) and at the end of October it could be sunny climbs! My daughter will be coming (9) and loves little ones - she likes champagne too! Must take after her mother.

It would be really great to come along but realistically it's going to be difficult. With my husband working shifts and me travelling for work and trying to plan a holiday (!) anytime before Christmas is going to be a bit tricky. :(

Your daughter likes Champagne :?: Good girl, expensive tastes already - I like :tumble:

in the words of ANthony Hopkins, "difficult? Well this is mission impossible mr hunt! So difficult should be a walk in the park"

Come on Claire. Are really sayin' that you can't be ars*d to put ur self out a little for some lexus good times? Surely not ( Dr Guilt in the house! ;) )

Okay the rest of you, lets have you voting with your right feet. get on the that ferry and drink some champers!

Consider it part of the Lexus experience... (did u evere hear such a bunch of toss!)

Paul, its the 28th please tell me you can make it! do u know JM Russell? He's comming... (en famille)./ Claire G & co will struggle Vince is in Brazil. Mat?? let me know same goes for Rodders Supercharged, Ultra V and the rest of the gang... Hope at least half a dozen will make it as it's a good number without risking loosing each other in traffic!

Rgds,

Loz :bounce:

I wish to ***** there was an easier way of doing this. Cant please all of the people all of the time but I'd like to please at least 4 or five on this occasion!

C'mon people, let me know my efforts are not wasted.... :o

Any X mas Lexus bash planned yet?

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk