Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wood Dash Kit On E Bay

pidetf1

Hi all, been looking at a wood dash kit on e bay,supposed to be factory fit,has anyone seen any of these fitted? Supposed to be around £300,on auction for £50 at the moment,looks good in pic dont know about in the flesh though!!!!

If anyone has seen these fitted could you let me know,

Cheers Phil.

Hi all, been looking at a wood dash kit on e bay,supposed to be factory fit,has anyone seen any of these fitted? Supposed to be around £300,on auction for £50 at the moment,looks good in pic dont know about in the flesh though!!!!

If anyone has seen these fitted could you let me know,

Cheers  Phil.

heard lots of bad reports

mostly that they look like crap

and that they dont stick properly

most have been designed for left hand drive vehicles

mr prolex told me that he was going to start doing the kits , but couldnt find a decent one that would pass his quality control

i would steer clear

• 2 years later...
This thread covered it the other day.... :)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=21900&hl=

Hi, about dash kits purchased one off eBay with postage £53 arrived took no time to fix looks real quality not cheap the eBay member and the company he sells for which is US company are very helpfull, I purchased the dash kit 99 upwards without the sat nav, mine has got the built in sat nav and they said they will send, whey were very fast to responde too my mails, will get round too taking some photos of dash fitted.

the company US is http://www.bitrim.com/entry.htm

C U Steve

I have seen these kits on a mates Jaguar XJ and it looks the doggies danglies

He has the door bits and bits for the steering wheel as well

Took him ages to get it fitted as he is a bit of a perfectionist, but as in all decorating the time in preperation is the key

Guest inicol63
This thread covered it the other day.... :)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=21900&hl=

Hi, about dash kits purchased one off eBay with postage £53 arrived took no time to fix looks real quality not cheap the eBay member and the company he sells for which is US company are very helpfull, I purchased the dash kit 99 upwards without the sat nav, mine has got the built in sat nav and they said they will send, whey were very fast to responde too my mails, will get round too taking some photos of dash fitted.

the company US is http://www.bitrim.com/entry.htm

C U Steve

Come on then lets see some photo's

i've got a full wood kit in my is200 which looks very good not cheep kit either as its real wood and not the plastic like the ones you can get on eBay and i've never had a problem with it sticking or coming away !! think theres a pic in my gallery but looks better in real life not sure if anybody at JAE had a look i know a couple of the people who went did? heres the pics?...

"it looks quite awful.." more than a bit harsh comment I think.

I think it looks real nice, especially the ashtray / gearstick area,

plus the door trim panels too.

(btw nice to meet you at JAE)

Thanks for that Wozza it looks a lot better when you see it close up and it suits the car as its aztec fire red and its different from the normal black and i like it which is the main thing!

Was also great to meet you mate amazing sound quality in your lex my ears were still buzzing an hour later hope to see you again soon :D

As someone who's seen Chris's car up close i think the wood dash looks really good as it suits the car being aztec fire red.

Chris,

Seen your garage pics. That wood dash kit, where is it from? Looks nice. I'm interested in acquiring one, but it must look good, not tacky.

Keith

As someone who's seen Chris's car up close i think the wood dash looks really good as it suits the car being aztec fire red.

Chris,

Seen your garage pics. That wood dash kit, where is it from? Looks nice. I'm interested in acquiring one, but it must look good, not tacky.

Keith

Hello Keith

The kit i got came from a chap who used to make them for some of the big car manufacturers and was his demo kit i've only ever seen 2 of these and thats mine and my mums there made from real wood with a hard anti scratch laminate over the top very good quality if i can find his e-mail out i'll pm it to you as not sure if he has anymore as i've had mine nearly 2 years now? the pictures dont do it any justice at all but its down to personel taste :whistling: ? i've seen lots of kits on eBay and there no way near as good on the quality side or for looks :sick:

"it looks quite awful.." more than a bit harsh comment I think.

I think it looks real nice, especially the ashtray / gearstick area,

plus the door trim panels too.

(btw nice to meet you at JAE)

apologies for the comment!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links