Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quad Led Sidelights

hey ..how do insert a pic into a msg?.. heheh

i have a pic of my headlight .... wanna see if u guys can tell if i have it or not.

you WILL have the sidelight, just turn the light switch to the very first setting, then look at your lights.

thanx... i'll check that out tonite. Thats the weirdest thing, cos I've never noticed something like this before. BTW, does it come on when the light is on full? ie, if I mod to HID, when I turn them on, will i see this spec of yellow light on the corner??

Its the weirdest thing! I checked it out last nite .... and I could see the actual bulb (and the wires that lead to it all connected etc). But for some reason, I couldnt get them to turn on!!! no matter what mode I put my headlights, they never come on.

I tried, the 1st mode, the 2nd mode, auto mode ... then with my fog lights off, 1st mode, 2nd etc etc .... but in none of the instances, did the side lights actually light up!

Any ideas guys?

check the bulbs, may be blown

hmm.... how do i take out the bulbs?... do i turn clockwise/ccw .. or pull straight out?

Its weird.. that both sides would have blown ? won't there be any indicator lights on the dash saying somethin?

i tried to tug at it .. but cos i dont know which way Im supposed to turn or pull.. i didnt try very hard.. didnt wanna break anything :P

• 1 month later...

how did you get your sidelights out of your GS?

I can get my hand into the drivers side one

but no way can i manage to get to the passenger side

even worse than the IS !!!

Retarded question, but I have standard lights on my sport- would these 6's look really stupid combined with the factory yellow lights? I dunno anything about HID kits apart from they are (relatively) expensive and hard to fit (you need auto levelling ones or something) for a non-technical person! :mat:

Some LED bulbs only work one-way-round.  Got to take them out, rotate them 180° and put them back in.

Erm, by definition all LEDs are polarised - they're diodes after all (Light Emitting Diodes).

I know, but we're talking LED bulbs here, not just LEDs. The Ultraleds 6-LED clusters are bidirectional, but the 8-LED ones are one-way-round only.

how did you get your sidelights out of your GS?

I can get my hand into the drivers side one

but no way can i manage to get to the passenger side

even worse than the IS !!!

Painfully, but I did it. Try bending some of the cables out of the way.

Retarded question, but I have standard lights on my sport- would these 6's look really stupid combined with the factory yellow lights?  I dunno anything about HID kits apart from they are (relatively) expensive and hard to fit (you need auto levelling ones or something) for a non-technical person!  :mat:

Rav, not when youve only got your side lights on they wont and when your headlights are on you probably wont even notice the leds :winky: go buy some mate :)

Retarded question, but I have standard lights on my sport- would these 6's look really stupid combined with the factory yellow lights?  I dunno anything about HID kits apart from they are (relatively) expensive and hard to fit (you need auto levelling ones or something) for a non-technical person!  :mat:

Rav, not when youve only got your side lights on they wont and when your headlights are on you probably wont even notice the leds :winky: go buy some mate :)

Sounds very tempting! Are they easy to fit? I remember when I had my civic, it took ages to get to the bulbs! And how many would I need? (See I really am bad!) Also, is there a legal alternative to HID? I want HID style lighting without the pain!

Sounds very tempting! Are they easy to fit? I remember when I had my civic, it took ages to get to the bulbs! And how many would I need? (See I really am bad!) Also, is there a legal alternative to HID? I want HID style lighting without the pain!

10 second job :)

Sweet- I've just ordered the philips blue vision main beams, along with some side lights. See link here

The sidelights are free- Clicky

Hope they are ok! I ordered High beams- are those the normal ones when the light setting is on auto? I'm confused :crybaby:

Sweet- I've just ordered the philips blue vision main beams, along with some side lights.  See link here

The sidelights are free- Clicky

Hope they are ok!  I ordered High beams- are those the normal ones when the light setting is on auto?  I'm confused  :crybaby:

High beams are full-beams, i.e. switch pushed forward or when flashing your headlamps.

Low beams are normal headlights, i.e. switch in normal position (for example, auto mode when it's dark). Those bulbs are also used in the GS's foglamps.

I ordered two sets of lows and a set of highs the other day, they'll be on the car in time for the Portland mini-meet. Hopefully so will my reversing sensors!

Don't know what to do with the two free bulbs. Numberplate? Most of my other 5W wedges have been replaced with LED clusters!

You might want to e-mail them and change the order to low beam bulbs. Or just order another set, get them delivered to a different address and get another pair of wedges for free? :whistling:

High beams are full-beams, i.e. switch pushed forward or when flashing your headlamps.

Low beams are normal headlights, i.e. switch in normal position (for example, auto mode when it's dark).  Those bulbs are also used in the GS's foglamps.

I ordered two sets of lows and a set of highs the other day, they'll be on the car in time for the Portland mini-meet.  Hopefully so will my reversing sensors!

Don't know what to do with the two free bulbs.  Numberplate?  Most of my other 5W wedges have been replaced with LED clusters!

You might want to e-mail them and change the order to low beam bulbs.  Or just order another set, get them delivered to a different address and get another pair of wedges for free? :whistling:

D'OH! I knew I had done something wrong! I have emailed em and asked em to change the bulbs around (since I hardly ever use full beams anyway!). So I guess those sidelight bulbs arent much good then? Can you put them in the fog lights or are they not that powerful?

D'OH!  I knew I had done something wrong!  I have emailed em and asked em to change the bulbs around (since I hardly ever use full beams anyway!).  So I guess those sidelight bulbs arent much good then?  Can you put them in the fog lights or are they not that powerful?

Wrong size.

They do, however, fit various other internal and external lights. On the GS, for example, they fit sidelights, rear interior lights, red footlights, boot light, high-level brake light, number plate light, side repeaters and the outer tail lights!

They're probably fine as sidelights, it's just that I've already got my LED ones in there.

D'OH!  I knew I had done something wrong!  I have emailed em and asked em to change the bulbs around (since I hardly ever use full beams anyway!).  So I guess those sidelight bulbs arent much good then?  Can you put them in the fog lights or are they not that powerful?

Wrong size.

They do, however, fit various other internal and external lights. On the GS, for example, they fit sidelights, rear interior lights, red footlights, boot light, high-level brake light, number plate light, side repeaters and the outer tail lights!

They're probably fine as sidelights, it's just that I've already got my LED ones in there.

Bloody hell! How many lights does the GS have in it!? Sounds like there's quite a few uses for them then :D Are LED lights substantially better then?

• 2 months later...

Right, I have now taken these bulbs out and replaced them with some 6 wide angle LEDS....much sharper white than the quads and cause they are wide angle they light up the headlight much more rather than the very directional light the quads produced....the pics make them look more blue than white but they are actually a very sharp white :) ....stuck one of the quads into the boot light :D

the light on the left is the new LED

Pic with both replaced

post-5386-1125910822.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links