Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx300 Central Locking Import Connecting Alarm

Hi I have just fitted a Thatcham Cat 1 Toad C5T2 alarm on a RX300 import on a S reg plate. The problem is connecting the alarm system up, to operate the central locking.

Despite my best efforts I have not been able to find the right wires.

I have gone to the door swich/ combined window switch unit in the door, you have a red/white, which when touched by a test light unlocks the car, this wire is also for the door chime. there is a pink and pink/blue but when touched with a test light, although it also seems to unlock, but then the door swich no longer works in the unlock mode, and you have to operate the catch to get this working again (reset it).

I was unable to locate any locking wires, no plulses using a meter, or no triggers using a test light. I can find the motor wires, and there are about six wires going to the motor.

I think behind the glove box there is another control unit, which you can hear operating when locking and unlocking, but due to no information I left this alone.

Has anyone worked on this vehicle and do you know how to get the alarm system to operate the central locking, could it be that it needs to be wired as motor interupt on the motor wires on the drivers door, any help would be much appreciated.

I can't help you with how it works on the central locking ( mine was done when I got the car) But the thatcham alarm on my RX is remote central locking and alarm so it does work okay.

I can't help you with how it works on the central locking ( mine was done when I got the car) But the thatcham alarm on my RX is remote central locking and alarm so it does work okay.

Yes depending on the year makes all the difference, I have information on the central locking, but it was not the same for this year vehicle, colours did not match etc. The vehicle does not have remote cdl alraedy

Get it done by a professional

Insurance will want a certificate of fitting (or something like that)

If you want reduced premiums

Mine was fitted by a professional, it locks the door and I got a reduction on my insurance

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links