Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Boot

hi peeps..how u doin..

i got a IS200 Sport so its got a spoiler. my mate has got IS200 S without the spoiler. now when i go to open the boot usin the button on the key only the boot lock unlocks but the boot doesnt fly open like my mates one does.

Is it cos the spoiler is too heavy and prevents the boot door from flyin up??? or is there another prob maybe..

n e u guys give me sum idea

appreciated

i will have a kit out soon that will allow the boot to open all the way using gas struts, my adjustable struts are arriving tomorrow and its only a case of making the brackets fit just right then i will offer them to anyone that wants them.

will open like a propper boot on an audi etc.

i prefer a smooth and gradual lift that is befitting of the lexus brand and not the Trebuchet like action of the standard springs

i will offer them to anyone that wants them.

caugh caugh ......... will this be

DON-atello Struts ? :D

can i steal that name please, will pay you copyright! :P :P :P :P :P

just to let you know the test struts arrived today and will be working on them asap (even tho the car is going into the bodyshop until friday for some final bits.

Expecting costs of full kit to be under £100 all in, and if your local i will even fit

Here is the Correct link for that movie ......

http://www.waysbrook.com/LOC_Pics/sportska1.mpeg

It was banned by the trading standards ........... as was the other one with the cat ......... trying to get into the sun roof ! - was funny though !!

Got the cat one too, Mrs M hates it :hehe:

keep us posted mate

these new DON-atello Struts  sound real good

Well unfortunately the car is now well and truely in the body shop but i can say the Adjustable lifter struts are a dream to use, you can adjust the pressure of the gas for the initial lift and also the rate at which it opens up.

this should allow for final rates of lift to be determined by the individual.

When i have finished this kit i am thinking of getting hold of a linear actuator to see if i can get it to open and close from the key fob, with a little help from UKAZN tho!!

keep us posted mate

these new DON-atello Struts  sound real good

Well unfortunately the car is now well and truely in the body shop but i can say the Adjustable lifter struts are a dream to use, you can adjust the pressure of the gas for the initial lift and also the rate at which it opens up.

this should allow for final rates of lift to be determined by the individual.

When i have finished this kit i am thinking of getting hold of a linear actuator to see if i can get it to open and close from the key fob, with a little help from UKAZN tho!!

Thinking of molding some 6x9's into the boot door, do you think it will still lift up the boot with this extra weight?????

Jason :P

Project slam - These struts are able to lift between 50 and 400 newtons so i should imagine that will be no problem at all.

As for the Rx300 style boot, i will be working on that when i have the spare £300 for the linear actuator. kit price would probs be in the region of £400 dependant on how much work it would take.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links