Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tape Player Not Working

I've never tried the tape player in my '99 IS200 Sport before now but now I want to connect my Ipod with a cassette adaptor and the tape player doesn't work.

When I put any tape in the tape player doesn't kick in - it actually doesn't feel like the tape has clicked into place correctly. Does anyone have any advice? I don't suppose there's a line-in connector at the back of the stereo that I could use to connect my Ipod if the tape is busted??

Any help much appreciated.

Could it just be a dodgy tape adapter?

I have two (for use with my car PC) and one works and the other doesnt?

Failing that and if you:

a) Want the best qulity sound

B) Don't want the constant clicking of the tape adatper (annoys me!)

Then:

ProLex will very soon have a digital-in (AUX-in) for the Lexus IS stereo so that you can plug your Ipod into the car and get the very best in quality without messing about with tape adapters.

Don't bother with FM Modulators/Transmitters - not really good enough.

Anees

The tape selector works fine in other cars and I've tried other tapes in mine without success.

Does the tape adaptor that doesn't work for you (of the two you have) fail to start the tape playing too - if so I might just buy another adaptor and try that (if you can tell me the brand of the adaptor you have even better!)?

Thanks for the suggestion about Prolex, I've emailed them to see when the adaptor might be available. It's a shame there's not a factory fitted line in though.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links