Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Got My Housing!

Well after months and months of searching I have finally got my IS200 Sat Nav housing for my Car PC Screen!!

Its in bits, but here is a pic! Does it look complete? Ended up costing me months of time and effort and £80!

Anees

Now:

1) Have to put my Xenarc Screen inside it -er.....never thought about the buttons my screen has on the front however - what do I do with these?

2) How to I clean it? Its not in the best state and has a few scratches that won't look that good in the car! Whats the best way to get this sorted?

3) Have no clue how to make it flip up and down!

Thanks,

Er... its not going too well :(

I have taken the screen out of my Xenarc casing and put it in the Sat Nav housing. Trouble is that the screen is actually slightly taller then the space allowed for by the housing - so I'm going to have to try and cut the housing abit to make it fit.

Also I have accidently broken the clip on the back of my monitor that held the signal cable in place - now the monitor doesn display anything unless i hold the cable in place firmly. Damn! :(

Sure I'll get there! :hehe:

if the screen is going to be flipping, you'll need that cable to be as secure as possible, maybe you should cut off the connector and solder it direct and clamp the cable to the pcb somehow.

its going to be alot of work to get it to fit but it will be worth it when you have finished :)

£80 for the housing

BUT....

Months of time and effort. I did a deal with a breaker where I sold their complete Sat Nav without housing and then I got the housing.

ive fitted a 7" xenarc into a housing without any problems

yes it is a tight fit due to the control board, but its do-able

instructions for building the unit and making the buttons work can be found on is300.net in the mobiletronics section

ive fitted a 7" xenarc into a housing without any problems

yes it is a tight fit due to the control board, but its do-able

instructions for building the unit and making the buttons work can be found on is300.net in the mobiletronics section

Thanks Mate,

got it to fit in ok - like I said before I broke the signal cable however :blush: Im thinking of glue gunning it back but it needs to be in place firmly for the monitor to work properly - will have to think of something. Its plastic so can't realy solder it.

I got the instructions from Fargo - he did email them to me a while ago (Thanks :D).

Did you find you had to cut any extra holes into the round metal peice that goes on the bottom of the housing to get the Xenarc signal and power cables through?

Once its working then the mission of getting it to flip up and down! :duh: :lol:

Anees why not buy an emptry casing? that's what I have done or would that not help what you have broken?

The bit I broke Colin is on the PCB on the monitor not on the casing. I'll put a picture up later one to show :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links