Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc Charity

Well done Mike.

cancer research is a charity very close to my heart.

Two of the TOC ladies are doing sponsored events for Cancer Research.

Em (Demonic Angel) is participating in the Leicester Race for Life, and Rachel (~Rach~) is doing a charity abseil (as her local Race for Life was full).

Click here to read about Em's Race for Life

Click here to read about Rachels Charity Abseil

I would really like to urge LOC members to read these threads, and if you can - sponsor one or both of the ladies.

I have sponsored both of them myself.

Make sure you let them know you are from LOC too :)

Well done Mike.

cancer research is a charity very close to my heart.

Me too lost my brother to bowel cancer, he was only 43, never smoked but liked the odd beer or two :D

Always back cancer research

well done mr morse :) . i work for cancer research uk and was at the race for life at mote park maidstone on sunday collecting clothes and other unwanted items that were donated into the cancer research shops .the responce was amazing and we collected over 300 bags of clothes within a four hour period .over two thousand people attended the race and raised thousands towards cancer research.as matt said the idea of the race is to sponser the runners to raise cash for the charity ,so click on the link and sponser the people that are doing thier best to raise money to find a cure for cancer :)

top bloke well done,

having had cancer myself i now realise the only reason im still here is because of the research and developments over the last few years.

i now give all the money i make at local golf competitions to cancer research + £10 a month donation.

the sad fact is that ive only won about £20 so far this year

chris

Forgot to add that I also give to McMillan Nurses as well. Very stong people who can look after the terminally ill and keep smiling.

Play in a charity golf tournament every year, about 40 of us turn out to play (the course is donated free) so all green fees are go in the pot, BBQ after with raffle where you get stung for stuff you don't really want. Great day out and it usually raises about £4k for Cancer Relief and McMillan Nurses :D Bad head next day though :crybaby:

And we could have raised even more for this charity if there had only been a bit more interest in the charity event that me and scarface were organising a while back......................

If there is sufficient interest etc, perhaps it may be re-started, but it would have to be a big change from the last attempt.

Stu

As promised, I will send a cheque to value £95 to Cancer Research, the proceeds of the sale of my Eibach's to Gib.

Please! let's all give a thought to Kylie and and everyone else who suffers  :blush:

My wife was diagnosed with breast Cancer two years ago and underwent the surgery, cemotherapy, and then the radiotherapy, its the unselfish generosity of people like "you" that saves lives......my wife included, for that donation i truly "thank you". i will give one example of were your money goes, in the early days of my wifes cemotherapy she had a visit from the "wig" man, his job is to simulate her hair style a colour while she still has it, and this whole area was payed for through donation from people like............"YOU".

Idea comes to mind, we are having a meet at the Dr's where Tony if offering a free geo check.

I for one would like to donate the usual fee for the check to Tony's nominated charity. Small start but it is something.

Mid 2004 I got really sick with what I thought was just a tummy bug from my travels in West Africa, but it didn't go away. Numerous visits to the hospital for tests for this and that didn't show anything, so eventually I had the internal camera at each end.

Finally (and this took some 6 months) They told me I didn't have cancer but something completely unrelated, chronic but not life threatening.

That 6 months shook me up really badly; I was also under a lot of stress from my work at the time and I just didn't know where to turn. The worst time of my life.

I really did feel that I'd been there (cancer) myself and now appreciate what sufferers are going through. I hope my little bit helps.

Idea comes to mind, we are having a meet at the Dr's where Tony if offering a free geo check.

I for one would like to donate the usual fee for the check to Tony's nominated charity. Small start but it is something.

Thats an "noble" offer :D . the test fee for the geom "test" only for LOC is £25..

If anyone wants to donate toward Mr Morse's example then feel free "but" not with me? :unsure: . On the 25th at 10am our first plan of attack is breckers, just by chance we pass the "HOSPICE" charity shop. But what i would like to avoid is any pressure to donate. We all have our concerns and for different reasons Cancer is mine as it is to Mr Morse but in reality its up to you!

Bowel cancer runs in my family :crying:

Had a Colonoscopy last year cos I'm "high risk" and back for a check up end of next month. Volunteered to be part of a programme looking at genetic links to cancer, my sister has signed up too.

It all costs money so sod the lottery donate to Cancer Research, also as I've said before McMillan Nurses, the level of care they gave my Brother was outstanding.

I have recently had a scare and only last week had a ultrasound and waiting for test results... although the Dr who did the ultrasound told me not to worry as it looked normal.

Still awaiting results

I have recently had a scare and only last week had a ultrasound and waiting for test results... although the Dr who did the ultrasound told me not to worry as it looked normal.

Still awaiting results

If the quack say's it looks normal don't worry they are usually right.

All the best mate

Bowel cancer runs in my family :crying:

as I've said before McMillan Nurses, the level of care they gave my Brother was outstanding.

I am sorry Neil. and i can relate to your pain since like you i was an "observer" and had to hold a smile for my partner wife, (brother) and turn away to cry in silence. the McMillan Nurses as we know are supported via the "HOSPICE" so on the 25th i'm all eyes for that area of donation......"sad topic" LOC support :D "chin up"eyes down.

dont forget bazza who jumped out of a plane and raised just over a grand!!! for cancer research!

that reminds me , who`s turn is it this year

it aint gonna be me :crybaby:

I think it should be Scarface.........can you beat 157mph :D i will donate £100 if you do :D

dont forget bazza who jumped out of a plane and raised just over a grand!!! for cancer research!

I think it should be Scarface.........can you beat 157mph :D i will donate £100 if you do :D

I'll match that Tony, how do we clock the speed though :question:

I'll match that Tony, how do we clock the speed though :question:

We could ask a judge but seemingly they all have "blind eye itas"so thats no good. or we could measure the size of the impact crater but this may seem "un-sporting"

I think i will donate to the "HOSPICE" £1 per car that turns up on the "free" geometry health check meet, and follow the example of Mr Morse.

I'm feeling brave this morning for some reason, so i'll do it............... :shutit:

Why do i have a feeling i'm gonna regret saying that??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!? :P :D

Stu

I'm feeling brave this morning for some reason, so i'll do it............... :shutit:

Why do i have a feeling i'm gonna regret saying that??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!? :P :D

Stu

Well done Stu......"YOU" are the main man and now a focal point for LOC members to help Cancer research, ignore all that stuff about "impact craters"it was all in jest.

Cool.

So who's gonna sort it out then?

It'll have to be organised in conjunction with my diary mind! And be relatively local to me if poss (got a baby to think about too!)

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links