Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Info about new IS in this weeks autocar

Mitch

pick up this weeks autocar and take a look at one of the journalists article near the front of the mag

it says for every lexus IS that is sold, 31 BMW 3 series are sold and he says its no suprise as the long term IS he had was a disappointement (why did it win the TG survey then hmmm)

it also states that lexus is the highest selling car brand in the US ahead of BMW , MERC, Cadillac and Lincoln

then it goes on to talk about the new model line up and says it will include 1 or more diesel models, higher power petrol and a high performance engine to attract younger buyers (im already here)

it says it will release coupe salloon and convertibles models of the IS so it will rival the 3 series as lexus want the same popularity in Europe as in the US

then it says a toyota spokesman said the line up (not sure if it includes all the said models at launch) will be released late 2004

I'd prefer them to be more exclusive than the 3 series, and wouldn't mind paying a touch more to keep it that way. Selling as many as the 3 series may make them alot of cash but I think BMW have de-valued the brand by having so many about.

One of the reasons I bought a Lexus was the fact it was a bit different.

I have been slowly getting there. Three years ago I was running a 1.6 Nissan Primera . It was reliable but certainly lacked image( or the wrong type). I then crossed over to Holland and brought back a red Toyota Celica. Great car but no room in the back and on retirement I was required to give more people lifts. It was then that I spied the Lexus 1S 200 SE range at the local dealer. The rest is history and my part exhange meant that after 12 mths motoring I got what I paid for it.

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I see the positive in this article - our cars stay more exclusive!

Bet the BMW 3 series don't wave at each other (or they do and get arm ache from seeing so many).

There again, no one waves back at me when I wave at other Lexus'ssssss :(

I drove from Newcastle back home and did not see a single IS on the road the WHOLE way...i'd say that's a good thing! There's so many 3 series around you'd think they were free!

I play these little games on the motorway from time to time to keep me alive! One of them is spot the IS!! You can play it too!!!

::Red IS300 waves at ClaireG::

:lol::D

I have an IS200 and my mate has a new 3 series, hate to play devils advocate, the BMW is far far far better built, it feels more expensive (is more too!) really, and I know im gonna get flamed (dont care) it is a toyota (altezza) with a few sticky on bits, if we're completely honest.

Remember before you flame me, I own an IS200, I love it, its my fave car Ive ever had (clodely followed by my Integrale).

And why would we flame you petal?!

I'm not a huge fan of BMW primarily because I'm not fussed on the looks or the fact you have to pay so much more for extras.

That said, they are seen as prestigious cars by some, and German cars tend to be built fairly solidly.

....and I nearly got given one as a company car a little while ago. If that had happened, maybe I'd be posting on a BMW site slating Lexus.....

NAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::tumble::lol::tumble:

adeyb Did you mean the whole build quality or just the interior.

From test drives in a couple of 3series and A4s I definately think that the interior build quality is far superior on the german cars. The plastics are better, the ergonomics are better and you get the impression that it will last.

That said I couldn't get to grips with driving the 3 series it was just uncooperative and the A4 is boring.

As for the IS200 being a Toyota, what's wrong with that, they are renown for reliabilty. And let's face it Audis are only posh VWs, Mercedes and Jaguar are owned by Americans and it's only a matter of time before someone buys BMW.

And Claire is spot on with the extras, to get any decent toys costs a fortune and you don't get your money back on them at trade-in time.

One other thing that you should also remember is that in Germany, 3-series BM's are considered as prestigious, as the British consider Capri's and MkIII cortina's (Not saying that either of these where bad cars, they just had no prestige).

The 5-series and there Merc counter parts are used as taxi's!!

I used to be a BMW 3-series driver, and the only thing I can say that was better in the BMW was the manual gearbox (I only have the Auto option available on the 300). :(

It's a pleasure to be a little more individual!! :cool:

the second I see an IS200 with a taxi plate on the back of it running around the streets of manchester with a bhangra tape playing and a taj mahal tissue holder on the back shelf (its a toyota, believe me it WILL happen) I'm gonna stick a rag in the tank and set fire to it! (mine that is, not the taxi!)

My dad actually didnt buy a merc once cos he's always called them spanish taxi's

When I was on about the build quiality of the BMW vs Lex , I really did mean the interior, but thinking about it more the whole car is more solidly put together, I've taken both cars to bits and put them back together, the lexus is good and things go back well, but the beemer, whoooarr! it helps you, things line up that well!.

Blackmagic:- I'm glad i'm not the only sad person who plays "Spot the Lexus". I did it whilst my IS200 was on order on a trip to Kent, also did it on a trip to Inverness, but I didn't bother on our recent holiday to Menorca. Saw only two Toyotas in a fortenight.:wow:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links