Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Collecting Is300sx Friday 1pm - Any Tips?

As the title suggests, am collecting my 2004 IS300SX from Lexus in Guildford tomorrow, part ex-ing a Golf R32.

Anything I need to check or ensure I'm given at the handover?

ta!

Only thing to remember ? what I did ......... I had 6 cd's all ready with me ..............

All went straight into the CD player as soon as I sat in the car ! :D

Enjoy your new car ...............

Chocolates, flowers or bubbly with a 2nd hand car! :blink:

Blimey, the wife will be pleased! And they said it would have a full tank of petrol too.

And I had a call from the salesman yesterday to say that they had decided the touch up job they were going to do to the 2 small stone chips on the bonnet wouldn't look good enough, so they were going to respray it instead.

So far I am soooooo impressed with the dealer, and I haven't even collected the car yet :)

Good plan about the CDs - cheers!

Chocolates, flowers or bubbly with a 2nd hand car! :blink:

Blimey, the wife will be pleased! And they said it would have a full tank of petrol too.

And I had a call from the salesman yesterday to say that they had decided the touch up job they were going to do to the 2 small stone chips on the bonnet wouldn't look good enough, so they were going to respray it instead.

So far I am soooooo impressed with the dealer, and I haven't even collected the car yet  :) 

Good plan about the CDs - cheers!

My handover procedure took about an hour and a half!! Put time aside

What was wrong with the R32??

i was gonna ask that ,did they give you a good p/x price as i have been thinking about the R32 for a while now

Yep - they offered me a very good deal - we only went to have a look at an IS300SX in the hope of getting a 12-18 month old one for £17-18k, but they offered me a July 2004 (20k screen price) for my R32 plus £1.5k. The book trade in for it was £17k, so thought I got a pretty sweet deal :)

Although the R32 had a fantastic engine, exhaust note and handling, the ride was just unbearably hard - so hard my phone regularly shot out of it's holder, the glove box repeatedly flew open and the windscreen cracked :blink:

Oh - and have got a baby due also on Friday, and the pushchair doesn't even fit into the boot - it's very shallow due to the 4wd system.

Hadn't even considered a Lexus, and was thinking of an older BMW 330 Touring, but they are so common and wouldn't have had nearly as many toys for the price of the IS300SX - a good pal on a BMW forum suggested I took a peek, and am so glad I did :driving:

ahh youve just abrieviated it,,, sportscross derrrrrrr..

Thought that was SX was the acceptable name - sorry matey! I don't know, only here a few days and I'm already confusing forum members. Oh well, might as well start as I mean to go on...

And yep, knew the Sportcross (that better :P ?) has a smaller boot with the seats down, but it's certainly bigger than the R32!

And I really do want a hatchback, as I'll be transporting the odd painting here and there (am opening a gallery in July)

Bit more grown up image for a gallery too - this is my R32...

bbs2.jpg

...not quite the respectable gallery owner image :blush:

do like the look of the R32 ,you have comfirmed what my mate said who works for v/w that i could not live with the suspension of the R32 .he said that no one keeps one for long because of it ,its a car for weekends and is hard to use for long distance driving

and have got a baby due also on Friday, and the pushchair doesn't even fit into the boot

Exactly the reason I changed my SE for a SportCross mate.

You won't even know your driving an "Estate"!!

I couldn't be without an IS so it had to be.

IS hatch dude

Gotta say I prefer "hatch" to "Estate" !!!! Thats what I call it when describing it to peeps!!!

He is too busy enjoying his new lex to post here today ..................  :whistling:

Still got 90 minutes to wait (not that I'm counting..... :blush:)

Shame it's such a horrible rainy day :angry:

Will post pictures later today

Most dealers have a glass cabinet with accessories.....take look and when it comes to handover ask for something you want to be thrown in :D

Damn - read this too late!

But did get a decent bottle of champagne in a Lexusized wooden box - cool!

Sorry for the crappy snaps!

First impressions? It's so comfy, so quiet and so shiny! But stinks of cleaning fluid where it's been valeted - blergh.

Had a quick go on the twisties, but having a 9 month pregnant missus in the passenger seat put paid to any A road antics :D The speed sensitive steering is very nimble, engine note almost inaudible except when you accelerate hard (slight difference to the R32!) standard 9 speaker stereo has excellent imaging on CD, rear vision not so good due to large c pillars, doors make a lovely thunk, there's no hesitation or jerking from the auto box (unlike my E39 528), very little body roll, all the buttons and knobs are in just the right places, dash is a little plasticky, boot is huuuge - erm, that's all for now.

...and that was a very long sentence!

Have since spent a pleasant 30 mins on the drive playing with the controls and the satnav - she's so posh, bordering on Lara Croft :D

lexus1.jpg

lexus2.jpg

lexus3.jpg

Next stop some 18" wheels I reckon. And a HKS exhaust. Oh dear - and so it begins...

Lovely car you got there mate :D  :driving:

Once you start modding you know it never stops :P

This morning installed some stainless steel dial rings - was that fast enough :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links