Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Which Anti-theft Dust Caps?

I had the dust caps stolen off my tyre valves yet again last night. :angry: This time it wasn't even a matching set with two plastic and two chrome.

Can anyone suggest good anti-theft ones?

I tried some I bought off eBay with a little spanner but they didn't tighten more than finger-tight and that still turned the valve stem within the tyre which worried me a bit (and I've since had two of the seals at the bottoms of the valve stems die).

Took my car round to the local STS recently cos one of the tyres was loosing air and I thought that I had a slow puncture. Fitter went straight for the valve stem where it joins the wheel and there it was a small leak!

Apparently the local kids "little darlings" :tsktsk: have been going round twisting the valve stems just enough to make a small hole in them causing a leak.

So if you get kiddie proof valve caps they will probably just rip out the whole valve instead.

I have had a couple of sets nicked .

I got a set from this guy on e-bay with the chrome valve stems included and these seem to work. They just keep spinning around unless you put the screw attachment in to tighten them up. (fits on keyring)

ebay valve caps

I bought a set from him, took three weeks and half a dozen e-mails before he sent them out (little envelope with a 50p stamp, not the two quid postage quoted in the auction!)

I bought a set from him, took three weeks and half a dozen e-mails before he sent them out (little envelope with a 50p stamp, not the two quid postage quoted in the auction!)

Got mine in 4 days. :P

I have had a couple of sets nicked .

I got a set from this guy on e-bay with the chrome valve stems included and these seem to work. They just keep spinning around unless you put the screw attachment in to tighten them up. (fits on keyring)

ebay valve caps

I've had 2 sets from this guy, 1 for my old IS and 1 for my current SportCross.

No probs with them. Get some - just don't lose the little screwy thing!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links