Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I love my GS, but the road noise is a real pain, a friend has just bought a LS its so bloody quiet, Im sick as a pig.

Does anyone know what Lexus has done to the LS to make it so quiet???? apart from lots of ££££

is there anything that can be done too the GS about all that bloody road noise????.

yea ive tried other tyres.

Shes done 82k.

And yes the roads are crap and she is nice and quiet on nice roads, but the LS is so so bloody quiet on my CRAP roads its shockin.

Shes done 82k.

And yes the roads are crap and she is nice and quiet on nice roads, but the LS is so so bloody quiet on my CRAP roads its shockin.

It's more than likely your tyres... mines got Avons on and they're b :tsktsk: y noisy which is a known trait for the make :winky:

The LS is the quietest car I have ever been in. That's why Clarkson and his croanies always moans about the LS (They've missed the point). I think the GS is more of an exec. car whereas the LS was designed as a luxury car. The tyres do make a difference though, I replaced all 4 tyres on my LS for Pirelli P7's and it might be a smidge louder, maybe.

I can still hear the leather seats creaking at 90MPH (On a private road) though if they need some Autoglym leather care action:D .

I personally found my MK2 GS300 SE (16" wheels) was the quietest between that and my GS300 Mk2 Sport (18" wheels with Pirelli P Zero's).

I now have an LS430. I can hear my other half thinking that's how quiet it is !!! Very impressed.

I don't think as much engineering went into GS300 as LS400/430. Then again, look at the price difference.

The GS300 was aimed and marketed at the executive end of the market and the LS was aimed at the Luxury end.

Mike.

You cant compare the gs with ls, the ls is in a diffrent league of quietness!!

u can hear ur own heartbeat, its so quiet sometimes it feels a little weird like the world is somewhere else!!

I can feel an LS coming on. I would take a chance on one with a huge mileage for cheap money cos I bet evertything would still work.

I agree with you RRDeer.............would love to try or even buy an LS 400/430! :D :D :D

My MkI GS300 is on Pirellis and it's a bit noisy on new rough tarmac, but i wouldn't swap it for an LS, the GS immage has got so much more B :tsktsk: ls. As to it only being an exec, have you compared it to a 5 or 7 beemer? Smoothness in a diferent league ( in favor of the GS300) :excl:

The only think i don't like about my GS sport MKI is its thirst for fuel, but i think i may have a heavy right foot :D

I do agree though the GS300 Sport with the 18" alloys, and especially with the 10" wide ones and pirelli p-zero's does make a lot of noise, I'm curious now, is the gs300 non sport with 16" alloys on quieter in terms of road noise, can't say i've ever driven one :unsure:

:P Try driving the NEW GS300SE, she is SILENT, and very quick, I know I own one :driving:Charley is right

hmmm i disagree, have u been in the LS? it really is different!!

:P Try driving the NEW GS300SE, she is SILENT, and very quick, I know I own one :driving:Charley is right

hmmm i disagree, have u been in the LS? it really is different!!

Yep been in the latest version, nice quick responce, bit heavy on the twisty bits, feals heavy to me, great drive though. Price puts me off, first year losses huge.

My MkI GS300 is on Pirellis and it's a bit noisy on new rough tarmac, but i wouldn't swap it for an LS, the GS immage has got so much more B :tsktsk: ls.  As to it only being an exec, have you compared it to a 5 or 7 beemer? Smoothness in a diferent league ( in favor of the GS300) :excl:

OK I have just swapped a BMW 730i with 189k miles for a GS300 with 34k miles ... and the GS300 is noisier - not the engine, just the road noise which is dreadful. I cannot believe how much thumping the GS300 makes over minor bumps and holes, and the thrumming of the tyre noise starts at about 20mph. I should qualify it and say that the BM was noisier in the engine department at the end of its life but was a magic carpet when I first bought it with 37500 miles on. The tyre noise thing is not just the tyre I don't think, as the dealer has just replaced all 4 with a different make for me, and the noise is identical. I think it's a resonance that is badly damped in the suspension units. Interesting to hear some say that the new GS is sorted - it needed to be.

One big plus for the GS - there is no lag - and I mean absolutely no lag - when setting off from a standing start. very easy to spin the wheels and it surges away. This wasn't the case in the BM

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links