Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Edinburgh

SHAHZ

visit the rose street brewery, the pumps are gravity fed and you can see the beer coming down through the pipes. great place, hic!

the castle is always quite impressive, if i remember rightly theres like a strip called the royal mile, lots of nice architecture and bars.

the street running parallel to Princes Street is Rose Street, where you will find lots of good pubs and places to eat. The castle is worth a visit. Behind the castle there is the Grassmarket, lots of good pubs again. If you're there at 1 o'clock, listen out for the 1 o'clock gun, which is a cannon which gets fired from the castle. Go to a chip shop and ask for a bag of chips. You will get asked if you want salt and 'sauce'. The sauce is a mixture of vinegar and brown sauce (i think). I'm sure you'll have a good time anyway wherever you go. :D

What do you like? Howmuch you willing to spend on food?

Is it just a casual visit? Cause I know all the pubs/restuarants.....

Yeap casual visit, prolly going to be out all day so decent places for quick lunches, and nice places for diner :)

:offtopic: , but i'm off to glasgow next week, so are there any interesting places to visit in glasgow?

any decent pubs/restaurants in glasgow?

Yeap casual visit, prolly going to be out all day so decent places for quick lunches, and nice places for diner :)

Okay, avoid Princes street as its a total dump.... nothing but record shops and Big Issue sellers.

The next street up is Rose Street - good for traditional pubs and grub - look out for the Cafe Royal which is at the far end of Rose Street(ish) across from the Balmoral Hotel

The next Street up again is best - George Street - loads of great shops and good drinking places - look out for AllBarOne, The Opal Lounge, Candy Bar, Bar 38, Est Est Est, Browns really nice classy places. There is the Standing Room too, but thats a Wetherspoons place.

For posh grub for those with cash to burn, ask to be taken to Olleroso, The Tower or The Witchery. All great, but you need the big cash (gulp!)

For 'studenty' type places, ask to be taken to the Grassmarket area. But only if you are a student waster, with dreadlocks, scruffy clothing and still listen to The Smiths. :shifty:

Okay, avoid Princes street as its a total dump.... nothing but record shops and Big Issue sellers.

The next street up is Rose Street - good for traditional pubs and grub - look out for the Cafe Royal which is at the far end of Rose Street(ish) across from the Balmoral Hotel

The next Street up again is best - George Street - loads of great shops and good drinking places - look out for AllBarOne, The Opal Lounge, Candy Bar, Bar 38, Est Est Est, Browns really nice classy places. There is the Standing Room too, but thats a Wetherspoons place.

For posh grub for those with cash to burn, ask to be taken to Olleroso, The Tower or The Witchery. All great, but you need the big cash (gulp!)

For 'studenty' type places, ask to be taken to the Grassmarket area. But only if you are a student waster, with dreadlocks, scruffy clothing and still listen to The Smiths. :shifty:

Cheers gib nah the studenty places are not for me :lol: thanks mate :)

:offtopic: , but i'm off to glasgow next week, so are there any interesting places to visit in glasgow?

any decent pubs/restaurants in glasgow?

Loads of good restaurants, in particular the indian restaurants are brilliant.

I can recommend a good chinese, Italian, mexican....

What sort of stuff you looking for ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links