Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Polish

Following on from those posts where other people have put a lot of effort into cleaning their cars, I thought it about time I had a go too.

So I got out a bottle of Zymol that I haven't touched in about a year, and also a bottle of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection that I hadn't even opened yet! :P

Took a bit of time, but I'm really pleased with the results, had no idea you could make the car look that good at home! Especially the extra gloss protection, that is amazing stuff! :D

Here are a few shots of the finished car, hope they are up to scratch! :whistling:

post-1663-1118168097.jpg

post-1663-1118168108.jpg

post-1663-1118168121.jpg

post-1663-1118168131.jpg

Looking good.. :winky:

Not so sure about the kerbed alloy though :shutit:

Thanks mate, yeah thats the great photographer that I am, managed to capture the only kerbed wheel, at the kerbed section! :winky:

It wasn't me that did it tho :shutit:

looking lovely  :D

is that an RX i spot , is he a member ??? ...........if no, why not

Yeah my neighbour's got an RX, should ask him to join up (or rather 'tell' him to join up :P ) Think someone a few doors down has just got a limited edition IS, I see it parked up now and then. Seems the Lexus bug is starting to spread...... :D

I actually swapped the spare already when I replaced 3 tyres (in order to have 4 new ones on the car). Will prob refurb it at some point :)

Thanks for the nice comments, need to keep doing this on a regular basis now :unsure: Is there anything I can do about the locking wheel nuts? They're all black now, all the wheels look like they have a tooth missing! :lol:

Mine got the full works this week.

Full Inside Vac

Dash clean

Clean and condition seats and leathers

Full polish with Colour magic

Caliper scrub and tyre side walls siliconed

and even treated the wheels to a wax! Would look mint if it want for them pesky kerb marks! :crybaby:

So after 4 en half hours Mariah was gleaming! A further 2 hours and a bird has decided to soil itslef over the bonnet!! :angry: :D

Hahaha, the birds watch out for when you've finished! Same happened to me, washed and dried the car, applied paint cleaner, polish then finished off with carnuba wax...10 minutes later, covered in bird poo!!!

Hahaha, the birds watch out for when you've finished! Same happened to me, washed and dried the car, applied paint cleaner, polish then finished off with carnuba wax...10 minutes later, covered in bird poo!!!

Don't know how they manage to do it! As soon as I finished, I put it straight in the garage :D

Colour magic - horrible stuff! :sick: All it does is fill in the scratches & swirl marks with a coloured silicone based product that body shops hate if they ever need to paint your ride....

Treat your paint to an application of a product such as Klasse All-In-One, which actually cleans and revies your paint, rather than coating it in coloured goo. I guarantee you'll see an improvement! :P :P :P

Used the Autoglym super resin followed by a coat of super gloss protector to finish....amazing results......makes future cleaning easier.....anyone know of any other products to rival these?

Colour magic - horrible stuff! :sick: All it does is fill in the scratches & swirl marks with a coloured silicone based product that body shops hate if they ever need to paint your ride....

Treat your paint to an application of a product such as Klasse All-In-One, which actually cleans and revies your paint, rather than coating it in coloured goo. I guarantee you'll see an improvement! :P :P :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links