Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Guest inicol63

Hi guys Great forum (new user)

I have just bought a ls400 P reg.

Through the web some people recommend unconnecting the Battery to reset the ECU.

My first of two puzzels ! Will this help me to reset everything as though the car was new ect: seating streeing so on

Secondly I don't seem to have the radio code is there a way before dicconecting to get the radio to show me what the code is set at?

HAPPY MOTORING :driving:

Through the web some people recommend unconnecting the battery to reset the ECU.

My first of two puzzels ! Will this help me to reset everything as though the car was new ect: seating streeing so on

Secondly I don't seem to have the radio code is there a way before dicconecting to get the radio to show me what the code is set at?

Hi there.

In relation to the radio code.This happened to me when my mechanic disconnected the Battery and when i got my car back the radio was in locked mode.Lexus dealer said i had to book it in and would cost approx 200 euro.

However a friend of mine knew a guy that worked in a Lexus dealer, and he told me normally when someone buys a new Lexus they use the last four digits from the chasis number for the radio code or the reg number.I had three chances and the second one worked with the last 4 digits on the chasis number.So i saved at least 200 euro.

Hope this helps.

Guest inicol63

thanks for the reply

Through the web some people recommend unconnecting the battery to reset the ECU.

Hi there.

In relation to the radio code.This happened to me when my mechanic disconnected the Battery and when i got my car back the radio was in locked mode.Lexus dealer said i had to book it in and would cost approx 200 euro.

However a friend of mine knew a guy that worked in a Lexus dealer, and he told me normally when someone buys a new Lexus they use the last four digits from the chasis number for the radio code or the reg number.I had three chances and the second one worked with the last 4 digits on the chasis number.So i saved at least 200 euro.

Hope this helps.

Mine cost about £30 I think to get recoded. I had to remove it myself and take the unit to the repair shop though, which takes a while.

Mine cost about £30 I think to get recoded. I had to remove it myself and take the unit to the repair shop though, which takes a while.

I had this problem also, in my case (and I believe I am right in confirming lexuslover's previous posting) my code had not been personalised by previous owners, and was still the default code set by the main dealer who sold the car, this being the last (I think) 3 digits from the VIN No.

I hope it works for you.

Chris Vince

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links