Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Camblet Change?

puresilk

Hi

I have just bought a Lexus IS 200 SE on a 99/T

The mileage is genuine 49K.

Q Does the cambelt need to be replaced at 100K?

As for example most cars is 40K or 4 years whatever comes frist!

So does the cambelt need to be changed at 100K only or after a certain period of time also?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Spoke to Lexus Reading they told me it was 100K.

Spoke to Local respectable garage and they told me Lexus recommend 100K or 6 Years whatever comes first.

Also to get the Cambelt kit installed i.e.

1 Cambelt

2 Roller

3 PIN

Bought all three items from Lexus Reading for 75 Quid, today and the Labour was 150 quid from the same garage.

Lexus were charging 350 - 400 damn rip off!!

Had mine serviced at 80k at lexus in sheffield - the nice mechanic man told me that the cam belt needed changing now!! i took it to my local toyota dealer (ex lexus franchise) (cheaper) and he told me my belt would not have lasted until 100k as it was fraying at the edges (PHEW!!) - so i am now the proud owner of 1 new £25.00 cambelt........... that cost £150 to put in!!

P11HL R

Not sure what you mean by below, lexus reading is a lexus dealer, so if they charged you 150, who wanted 350-400?

Bought all three items from Lexus Reading for 75 Quid, today and the Labour was 150 quid from the same garage.

Had mine done by lexus Birmingham on 97k

i was suprised to see that the OEM Belt was cheaper than the Motor factors one

they also phoned and said i would need a tensioner so that was good

the whole job cost me £342.00 yes i know it is a lot but i would rather lexus do it than a local garage (no disrespect to local garage) but would they have told me to buy a new tensioner?

But i will also say that just latley when i rev the car there is a noise that sounds like somthing is very tight or a dry roller should they have changed the cam roller ?????

i will be taking the cover off to have a look i am now on 104K

but i will probably take it back to lexus and say the belt was done by yourselfs

and if there is a problem with it then they should put it right with minimal fuss

But at the time i could not fault the dealership

i told them i work in coventry but live in Birmingham so they offered me a

car over the weekend rather than rushing to get it in on monday

and when they called to say the job was done they did not mind the car being dropped back at 6pm on the Monday night

:driving:

Not sure what you mean by below, lexus reading is a lexus dealer, so if they charged you 150, who wanted 350-400?

I meant the roller and belt cost 75 Quid including some pin that goes with it so I bought the parts from Lexus, and i got the work done by a local garage in Reading The Car Bar, not Lexus Reading.

And It was the Car Bar that told me to change the tensioner too, which was quite nice of them.

Hi

I have just bought a Lexus IS 200 SE on a 99/T

The mileage is genuine 49K.

Q Does the cambelt need to be replaced at 100K?

As for example most cars is 40K or 4 years whatever comes frist!

So does the cambelt need to be changed at 100K only or after a certain period of time also?

Cheers

Defo every 100k

Got the same car mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my cam belt done as part of major service and the belt had worn to about a third of the original width. The mechanic said I was lucky it hadn't snapped. Anyhow, the bearings had worn severely in the cam belt tensioner which had pulled the belt towards the metal framework and shredded the belt. I would recommend getting the belt (and tensioner/guide pulleys) checked sooner than 100K.

again people

i am looking to check my cam belt where is it and what cover do i need to take off

havnt a clue

the cover you need to take off is the "Black one at the front" by the belts :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links