Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Mpv?

Maz

Well i had enough of cars, i need something that i can take my family and friends out in, need alots of boots space for when i going to the DIY place, so i thinking of changing my B*W ( still keeping my IS for now, hehe :D :D :D ) to a MPV sometime this year, but which? anyone of you had driven 1, Ford Galaxy and Vauxhall Zafira look pretty good, any other?? atm the most important is boots space, and carrying alots of passager (7 seats etc, etc.), any informations will be very grateful guys.... :) :) :) :) :)

i had a previa for a few days.. now I find it hard to travel long distances due to a medical problem.. but i rented a new previa for a few days and had to drive 400 miles one day... perfect.. pretty comfy

I had the diesel model and I can that it was a pretty good drive.

can sit 7 peeps.. those rear chairs push right forward when not in use leaving bags of room.

when you first get it in the front window is like a spaceship... not that i have driven a spaceship mind :D

I imported a Japanese Previa, which is called an Estima.

The Jap version is a 2.2 turbo diesel and comes with plenty of toys, 8 seats and a huge boot.

Probably the best car I've ever owned - highly recommended. There's plenty of importers in the Uk and bits are easy to get.

I bought a 1997 P "Luxury X" version and it's been an excellent buy - no problems at all.

PM me if you want any more advice / tips. There a very active UK Estima owners' club too.

Look very nice, i will have a look at the Toyota Previa/Estima, would you say its best to go for the import version (Estima)?? or better off go for the UK version? is there any different other than the extra toys? e.g engine, specs. etc etc

and thank for the advices guys :) :) :) :)

Well i had enough of cars, i need something that i can take my family and friends out in, need alots of boots space for when i going to the DIY place, so i thinking of changing my B*W ( still keeping my IS for now, hehe  :D  :D  :D ) to a MPV sometime this year, but which? anyone of you had driven 1, Ford Galaxy and Vauxhall Zafira look pretty good, any other?? atm the most important is boots space, and carrying alots of passager (7 seats etc, etc.), any informations will be very grateful guys.... :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

As Jeremy Clarkson says, anyone who buys a Zafira might as well put there hand up and say there tired of life! :lol:

Except the turbo. Put an imrscher bodykit on that and they look very nice!

Forget the galaxy, piece of sh*t.

Seat Alhambra is a good mpv. Voyager is ok, but some dodgy reliability.

Previa is the muts nuts. Well built and drives well. Although I've driven the new scenic 1.9 dci. We drove a couple of thousand miles accross catalonia, with five of us including one baby. I've never had such a relaxed driver. Great engine and handling for an mpv.

The best mpv is the seven seater e class merc. Handels well, fully loaded and drives forever. More space than almost any mpv!

Failing that you have this,

renaultespacef1.jpg

uilt around the Espace’s steel frame and retaining the vehicle’s looks with lightweight carbon fibre panels, underneath it was fitted with the same active rear suspension and 3.5-litre, 800bhp Renault V10 engine that Williams had used to win its F1 titles in 1992 and 1993. The ‘Espace’, designed by long-time Renault partner Matra, had a top speed of 194mph and could reach 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds.

Have you heard NISSAN ELGRAND and TOYOTA ALPHARD G.

They are superrrr lux.....

they all come with remote control electric doors, fridge, tv and other bits which you dont usually find in usual cars.

I always want one of this but dont know how to get hold of one in UK.

Have a look this site.

http://www.nissan.com.hk/eng/model_exterior.php?id=11&sid=1

Look very nice, i will have a look at the Toyota Previa/Estima, would you say its best to go for the import version (Estima)?? or better off go for the UK version? is there any different other than the extra toys? e.g engine, specs. etc etc

All import Estimas have the turbo diesel engine, which you cannot get in the UK at all. There are LOADS of gadgets available on the Jap ones, and if toys are your thing then you'll prolly want to look at a Jap one - examples are television, DVD players, tints, alloys, dual zone climate control, electric curtains, four wheel drive, etc etc.

There are two versions of body for the Estima (pre 2000) - one is slighlty narrower than the other (as Jap cars are taxed on internal volume) - the narrower one is the Estima Emina.

Only common problem on the diesel engine is blocked radiator, which can lead to a cracked head. The reason that there's so much room in the car is that the engine is under the floor pan, and mounted sideways.

My advice if you're after a good one is get one less than 10 years old, and it'll have to have an SVA test, which gives you greater assurances. I bought mine from a dealer, it came with a year's warranty, but it's been perfect.

Have a look at the owners club website for loads of useful info.

http://www.estimaownersclub.com

or feel free to yell.

Maz i was driving a previa (lucida) import for about a month in November last year, really comfortable to drive, it was the turbo diesel which was brilliant on petrol, is good for either carrying passengers or seats can be folded up/turned around giving a lot of boot space

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links